Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened'

I have a lot of friends that are Canadian and not a single one of them ever leaves a tip. :giggle:

weird. so do I and they do tip :dunno2:

yours must be from older generation

hmmm That one I'm not sure about, I see Canadian license plates around here during the summer, but I don't think I've ever worked on one. I also wouldn't be able to come to any kind of conclusion by only working on a few of them anyway. I'd have to see a lot of them often to really see a trend. I've never been a server, but their tipping tendencies are probably about the same no matter the service.

hmmm That one I'm not sure about, I see Canadian license plates around here during the summer, but I don't think I've ever worked on one. I also wouldn't be able to come to any kind of conclusion by only working on a few of them anyway. I'd have to see a lot of them often to really see a trend. I've never been a server, but their tipping tendencies are probably about the same no matter the service.

It is definitely a trend:

Can someone please tell me why Canadians don't tip while they are in America? - Yahoo! Answers

And the joke in the comments is so true ...

What is the difference between a Canuck and a canoe? A canoe might tip.

and another comment:

It's a cultural thing.

I'm a tour guide based in Canada. Americans will routinely tip, Canadians only if they see Americans doing it, and Europeans, and Australians practically never.

Canadians will tip in bars, and usually (but not always) restaurants, and, that's about it. We just don't think about tipping other people. It's just not done here. And, when we do tip, it is MUCH lower than Americans are used to.

And, no, not "everyone knows." I had no idea until I became a tour guide, with lots of American tour groups going through. It really surprised me.

Tipping is different around the world. When I went to Germany with the military, I was told not to tip - they consider it an insult. Except at places near American bases.

ahhh yes I see. I'm copying and pasting the link from the post in the comment section. Now we get the other side, and it makes a lot more sense. This I can see happening, because I've seen it happen soooo many times. They make it a race issue, when it wasn't one, then cry about discrimination.

Woman from Wild Wings Contacts Radio Facts, States Black Patrons Asked to Leave for Several Reasons

This tab was still open, I reread it before I closed it. Yes Reba they were rude to deaf white girl, but that wasn't who complained, the person that claimed they were offended was becuase one person in the group and their repeated use of the word n*igger, and when they were asked to stop they made a string of racial epithets against one of the workers.

See, this is what you have to be carefull of when you get a one sided view, and frankly considering how many eggshells businesses walk on nowadays not to offend people made the whole story sound ridiculous. Of course once it went public the company would trip over itself apologizing, it wouldn't matter whether or not the group was lying or in the wrong, they're in clean up mode at that point. The statement is made by an employee and sounds like a MUCH more plausible explanation.

let's see, Steinhauer...

It's a cultural thing.

I'm a tour guide based in Canada. Americans will routinely tip, Canadians only if they see Americans doing it, and Europeans, and Australians practically never.

Canadians will tip in bars, and usually (but not always) restaurants, and, that's about it. We just don't think about tipping other people. It's just not done here. And, when we do tip, it is MUCH lower than Americans are used to.

And, no, not "everyone knows." I had no idea until I became a tour guide, with lots of American tour groups going through. It really surprised me.

Tipping is different around the world. When I went to Germany with the military, I was told not to tip - they consider it an insult. Except at places near American bases.

hhhhhmmmmmm! :hmm:

never said South...

there are west and east....
East is even worst, stay far south youll be ok, West is still ok but has a lot of wannabes, all those rich kids think theyre tough, take them north and they go running to momma...lol

Don't listen to Jiro, He will get you shot...lol
It doesn't matter if youre on the north side or south. I am a Southsider and its just as bad, just better area so far since they haven't overtaken it yet, but getting close. I am deep south now and Im still not in the clear yet. But like you say, if you are trying to lip read... they will look at you like a threat here, that's why I shy'd away from lip reading, but starting to pick it back up now out this way.

Oh yes, northern part of St. Louis is dangerous and East St. Louis is bad too.

Not surprised about population used to be 850,000 and not forgot about failure of housing project - Pruitt–Igoe.

The murder rate is bad in New Orleans and eastern part of city is bad but visit French Quarter is cool, long as you watch your back.

LOL East Saint Louis...

Police when they pull you over in East St. Louis usually don't even get out of their car! They make you drive up to the nearest well lit gas station and get out of the car where there's people! I know, I got lost up there once driving back home to Florida, and man it was weird. They approached my car with their hand on their gun and one up to each side of my car... SAD! After I talked to the officer for a bit and he knew I was just lost and relaxed I asked him why they did that and that's the explanation! After dark they do it to everyone... ridiculous!

LOL East Saint Louis...

Police when they pull you over in East St. Louis usually don't even get out of their car! They make you drive up to the nearest well lit gas station and get out of the car where there's people! I know, I got lost up there once driving back home to Florida, and man it was weird. They approached my car with their hand on their gun and one up to each side of my car... SAD! After I talked to the officer for a bit and he knew I was just lost and relaxed I asked him why they did that and that's the explanation! After dark they do it to everyone... ridiculous!
Why is that sad? It's their routine. They just do their job.

Why is that sad? It's their routine. They just do their job.

That has never happened to me anywhere but East Saint Louis. I've never had that approach done to me. I'm saying it's sad that the officers have to do that because they're that worried about getting shot... That's what's sad.

Im in a decent area in the county, yet I had a gun pointed at me because I was driving a "like" vehicle from the same area where a crime was committed, luckily there was a witness that told the cop that it wasn't me. Wal mart was robbed and I just left there... what a coincidence.

Im in a decent area in the county, yet I had a gun pointed at me because I was driving a "like" vehicle from the same area where a crime was committed, luckily there was a witness that told the cop that it wasn't me. Wal mart was robbed and I just left there... what a coincidence.

Oh holy crap that would suck! lmao! Glad it all worked out though jeeze I can't even image the amount of pee I would have to wash out of my car seat lmao!

Oh yes, northern part of St. Louis is dangerous and East St. Louis is bad too.

Not surprised about population used to be 850,000 and not forgot about failure of housing project - Pruitt–Igoe.

The murder rate is bad in New Orleans and eastern part of city is bad but visit French Quarter is cool, long as you watch your back.

I had a very good time in New Orleans and I'm going back again next year

I was in St Louis last month, only stayed in the west side, and no issues so far. I took Amtrak, the station is in downtown area not far from the Arch and that is one of the bad areas but a good friend of mine picked me up and dropped me off, so I never go alone with full of strangers around.

Back