Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened'

Oh but all media outlets do it, they package news for the effect they're looking for. They are all spawns of Satan ;)

Sure, if anyone isn't happy with news so they can google it up - not hard to do it. :cool2:

Oh but all media outlets do it, they package news for the effect they're looking for. They are all spawns of Satan ;)

Okay, I read it, and it's still one sided. They didn't talk to the other person, we just have them claiming they didn't do anything. How do we know one of the group hasn't been sitting there staring at the person for an hour, or anything. Someone could have been doing something like that and the others have been to busy yapping with each ither to even notice. it could have been anything really. They weren't actually asked to leave until someone started video taping. We are absolutely not getting the whole story here, just the half they want you to hear.

Yeah, media today is bad. Stupid blog sites like HuffPo are worse. People are in such a rush to put a story out that actual reporting and accuracy are a thing of the past. Look what HuffPo did with Kate Hunt. They practically made her a saint based on what her mother said. Lol. Same thing here. It's sad that people mistake this garbage for news.

You know who I feel bad for? The waiter or waitress who was serving them. I don't have a prejudiced bone in my body but after about 6 months to a year of doing massage therapy I discovered something I never would have guessed. Black people are horrible tippers. That's not a racists statement that's just 3 years experience if service industry, I mentioned to some other therapists, and some if them had been wait staff before, and same thing, terrible tippers. Sooooo that huge group was there for 2 hours, probably a huge bill, and they would have given them a measles tip probably but I bet after that they left nothing. And the waitress or waiter isn't even the one to ask them to leave. Bummer guaranteed they got jipped.

oh that's terrible. then this is a proper explanation - in your area, black people are terrible tippers.

I completely agree. The worst tippers I have ever had to deal with were church people. I utterly, absolutely HATED working on Sundays when I worked at a Shoney's years ago for a little while.

They wanna sit and tell you about what a sinner you are for working on a Sunday, but they sure as hell don't mind sitting there stuffing their fat asses while you're serving them. Usually they come waddling into the restaurant great huge groups too...and not a single one of them buggers would leave a tip.

and yet.... they go out to business establishments? sinners!!!!!

Obviously there is more to the story. If they truly did have to wait 2 hours for a table there is a pretty good chance there were heated words exchanged. Just like HuffPo to put out an article with only one side of the story. They do this far too often, most likely to stir up trouble.

As for Wild Wing Cafe, the place is awesome. It is my favorite hangout when in SC.

you surely like to eat out at wherever has been mentioned in news like Chick-fil-a and Wild Wing.

ya should be more careful with your health... I avoid those places like plague and I have my cheat days here and there. I either go to local places or make my own food. ah - that reminds me to post up a pix of my dinner...

I have no idea Whenever I've gone out with a large group we all had our own bills.
It doesn't matter if the bills are separate. If a large party sits together it's charged at the large group rate and the gratuity is included. That's the standard charge for restaurants here. The only exception is restaurants where you pay as you go in, like Ryan's or Golden Corral.

you surely like to eat out at wherever has been mentioned in news like Chick-fil-a and Wild Wing.

ya should be more careful with your health... I avoid those places like plague and I have my cheat days here and there. I either go to local places or make my own food. ah - that reminds me to post up a pix of my dinner...

I never liked wings so I will probably not like it, unless they offer chicken fingers.

Yes, you are correct about health - I limit fried food to 1-2 per week.

We got GMO-free corns from local farm at cheaper. :D

oh that's terrible. then this is a proper explanation - in your area, black people are terrible tippers.

hmmmmmm.......Except this Myrtle Beach is a tourist town and hardly any of them live here, they're on vacation from other parts of the country. o_0

hmmmmmm.......Except this Myrtle Beach is a tourist town and hardly any of them live here, they're on vacation from other parts of the country. o_0

dang cheapo tourists

Uh, oh.

In the Facebook comments, I just read that the offended woman at Wild Wing Cafe was not only white, she was deaf!

I've eaten at Wild Wings many years ago when it first opened here. Hubby liked it, I didn't really and no longer eat that way.

I don't know what really happened at the place in question but blatant racism against various minority racial and ethnic groups is still alive and I wouldn't be surprised if occurred exactly as alleged.

Ambrosia, that is a blanket statement you made against a whole group of people. It may be true for your experience in that area regarding the usual people who received services but that does not make it true for all people of the group.

:lol:

For anyone who thinks this didn't happen, you can read the Wild Wing Cafe Facebook account. They deny nothing. They admit that they were wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/WildWingCafeNorthCharleston

The way I read it, they are still investigating but admit/regret that they were slow in responding.

It is probably better PR for them to apologize that to drag the situation into a debate. I doubt very seriously the restaurant denied a group based on skin color.

Back