Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened'

Well, the racial profiling is very common in America and nearly impossible to avoid, unfortunately.

I was racially profiled by police officers but they let me go after they realized I'm American. It is getting worse now. :( :roll:

I've eaten at Wild Wings many years ago when it first opened here. Hubby liked it, I didn't really and no longer eat that way.

I don't know what really happened at the place in question but blatant racism against various minority racial and ethnic groups is still alive and I wouldn't be surprised if occurred exactly as alleged.

Ambrosia, that is a blanket statement you made against a whole group of people. It may be true for your experience in that area regarding the usual people who received services but that does not make it true for all people of the group.

I know I did and I stand by that 100%. Just because you dob't like something doesn't mean it's not true. But I also said not all of them, most of them. It's not My area, it's a tourist town they don't live here. I've already said this. Sorry if that offends you, but that's how it is, and no it's not personal experience, it's anyone experience that receives tips, as I said I've talked with people that wait staffed and the same thing happened. I'm not prejudiced, against anybody, my brother is Filippino. We had 4 black massage therapists that worked there, 3 women and one man, and they'd all tell you the same thing.

Uh, oh.

In the Facebook comments, I just read that the offended woman at Wild Wing Cafe was not only white, she was deaf!

ahhh yes I see. I'm copying and pasting the link from the post in the comment section. Now we get the other side, and it makes a lot more sense. This I can see happening, because I've seen it happen soooo many times. They make it a race issue, when it wasn't one, then cry about discrimination.

Woman from Wild Wings Contacts Radio Facts, States Black Patrons Asked to Leave for Several Reasons

St. Louis made #1 on the crime list this year.
Born and raised there... I wont go back.

Yes, if I went to St. Louis so I will end up in the hospital.

You will get local news about deaf white man got shot by thug in St. Louis. :aw:

One of the most common things people say or mention, when they refuse to see their own prejudice, is "oh, but my friend/co-worker/other family member is such-and-such" ....

Making a broad statement about a whole race, ethnic group or other group of people, based on what you see -some- members of that same category do - is a derogatory thing to do. Regardless of the skin color of the person making the statement.

You will get local news about deaf white man got shot by thug in St. Louis. :aw:

just stay away from Northern side and you'll be fine. I would love to visit there one day.

One of the most common things people say or mention, when they refuse to see their own prejudice, is "oh, but my friend/co-worker/other family member is such-and-such" ....

Making a broad statement about a whole race, ethnic group or other group of people, based on what you see -some- members of that same category do - is a derogatory thing to do. Regardless of the skin color of the person making the statement.
:roll: I have friends who are black, they're cheap and crappy tippers, I didn't say they're all violent, unemployed criminals or something horrible like that. They just have a tendency to tip poorly, that's just how it is, get over it.

I also said old people don't tip well either, did you catch that? Some do, most don't. So am I prejudiced about old people too?

Don't listen to Jiro, He will get you shot...lol
It doesn't matter if youre on the north side or south. I am a Southsider and its just as bad, just better area so far since they haven't overtaken it yet, but getting close. I am deep south now and Im still not in the clear yet. But like you say, if you are trying to lip read... they will look at you like a threat here, that's why I shy'd away from lip reading, but starting to pick it back up now out this way.

:roll: I have friends who are black, they're cheap and crappy tippers, I didn't say they're all violent, unemployed criminals or something horrible like that. They just have a tendency to tip poorly, that's just how it is, get over it.

I also said old people don't tip well either, did you catch that? Some do, most don't. So am I prejudiced about old people too?

You must be. If we are going by anecdotal evidence, every old person I know tips well. So that must mean, by your logic, that old people can be stereotyped as good tippers.

My daughter is Black and was a waitress and got a lot of bad tips from White people . My daughter always leave a good tip because she know what is like to get lousy tips. It can work both way.

They were probably from Canada.

Don't listen to Jiro, He will get you shot...lol
It doesn't matter if youre on the north side or south. I am a Southsider and its just as bad, just better area so far since they haven't overtaken it yet, but getting close. I am deep south now and Im still not in the clear yet. But like you say, if you are trying to lip read... they will look at you like a threat here, that's why I shy'd away from lip reading, but starting to pick it back up now out this way.

never said South...

there are west and east....

I've eaten at Wild Wings many years ago when it first opened here. Hubby liked it, I didn't really and no longer eat that way.

I don't know what really happened at the place in question but blatant racism against various minority racial and ethnic groups is still alive and I wouldn't be surprised if occurred exactly as alleged.

Ambrosia, that is a blanket statement you made against a whole group of people. It may be true for your experience in that area regarding the usual people who received services but that does not make it true for all people of the group.

Except for Canadians .... then it is ok.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071217134418AACb7vd

So, are you?

You must be. If we are going by anecdotal evidence, every old person I know tips well. So that must mean, by your logic, that old people can be stereotyped as good tippers.

Lol no :laugh2: and I don't care ladies. It is what is, I don't care if you don't believe me, that's the thing about something being true, it's still true whether you believe or not.

But another weird fact I discovered about old ladies when I started massaging, they often smell like fritos. I'm talking 70 plus, that's when they start getting to be bad tippers, btw, but they're on limited income so I don't mind much but I wouldn't want to work on old people all day all the time, same would go for black people as well, and for that reason only. I'd walk out of there at least $50, but probably more, lighter everyday than if I only had to massage one of them a day.

I have a lot of friends that are Canadian and not a single one of them ever leaves a tip. :giggle:

Back