Tree cutting problem

You need someone to come with a telephone bucket truck and have them ties some cable around the tree and have helicopter in the air with a cable hook and when a section it cut the helicopter carry it away from the houses and drop it. You will have made sure the cable is tight so the section of wood can't slip out. I know it sound crazy but that the only way I can think of.

You need someone to come with a telephone bucket truck and have them ties some cable around the tree and have helicopter in the air with a cable hook and when a section it cut the helicopter carry it away from the houses and drop it. You will have made sure the cable is tight so the section of wood can't slip out. I know it sound crazy but that the only way I can think of.

Excellent idea!!! I will fly the helicopter while you cut the tree...

What!?!? You don't trust me??? I'm hurt.

Ok, so I don't have a license... :giggle:

Helicopter Pilot correspondence course?

A couple hours of training and I'm golden!!!

Alll seriousness aside...:giggle: helicopters are one of the most dangerous birds to fly. I think the only thing more dangerous is the Ospry and the Harrier (both military).

Just another thought... are you in the mood for home renovation? If yes, let the tree fall.

Excellent idea!!! I will fly the helicopter while you cut the tree...

What!?!? You don't trust me??? I'm hurt.

Ok, so I don't have a license... :giggle:

I am afraid of heights!! I bet Reba is not! I am think some airline pilots do not have license either!

I'll fly it! I don't have any training or a license. It's probably like those who ride Mopeds in the left lane of a multi-lane highway in shorts, wife-beater shirt & flip flops in front of a 18 wheeler. :P

Go Gamecocks!!!! (really though I am a Clemson and Michigan State fan).

One of my childhood friends played basketball for MSU in the late 80's so I kinda root for them even though that is my only connection. :lol:

We just got an updated estimate from the tree service. Because of the crane rental, they want an additional $3,000 for the pine tree.

I don't think our neighbors will accept that.

They also require that our neighbors, TCS, and I leave our houses for the day of cutting. They also require that we park our cars TWO BLOCKS from our house! They have to get special city permits to block the road for the day.

This is just too much!

We just got an updated estimate from the tree service. Because of the crane rental, they want an additional $3,000 for the pine tree.

I don't think our neighbors will accept that.

They also require that our neighbors, TCS, and I leave our houses for the day of cutting. They also require that we park our cars TWO BLOCKS from our house! They have to get special city permits to block the road for the day.

This is just too much!

Oh man, they are making a big production of it, aren't they? An additional $3,000 for a crane???? Nuts.
Maybe it would be far cheaper if some brave soul cuts down the tree and you pay the fine. How much do you figure the fine would be?

Yeah..it's expensive. I'd be willing to cut tree for you, with many years of tree cutting, gone through 3 chain saws and nearly cut my arm off. I still continue doing crazy idea of cutting down tree in a tight space.

Yeah..it's expensive. I'd be willing to cut tree for you, with many years of tree cutting, gone through 3 chain saws and nearly cut my arm off. I still continue doing crazy idea of cutting down tree in a tight space.

Only 3 chainsaws, rookie? :giggle:

Oh man, they are making a big production of it, aren't they? An additional $3,000 for a crane???? Nuts.
Maybe it would be far cheaper if some brave soul cuts down the tree and you pay the fine. How much do you figure the fine would be?
It's not a fine we're worried about, it's personal injury and damage that we're concerned about.

Only 3 chainsaws, rookie? :giggle:

Nah... I took good care of those awesome powerful saws, I use toothbrush to clean it up after I finish with it. Then I polish it down, sharpen the teeth, and behold! Shiny saws.... arrrggg..grunt! One saw I had it for 12 years...

It's not a fine we're worried about, it's personal injury and damage that we're concerned about.

Oh, I know that. But there is a way to cut down that tree. It is tedious because of the safety precautions the cutter and helpers must take. The cutter must have a harness and other safety equipment donned, and a good thick nylon rope. He will cut off a section from the top, and the helpers will give slack to the rope, lowering the section to the ground. The process is repeated until the job is done. Very time-consuming. I have cut down quite a few trees this way, but right now I am too heavy to get to the top of the pine tree (I weigh 210 now, lol).
Surely you can ask around for someone to do that?

Nah... I took good care of those awesome powerful saws, I use toothbrush to clean it up after I finish with it. Then I polish it down, sharpen the teeth, and behold! Shiny saws.... arrrggg..grunt! One saw I had it for 12 years...

Just pulling your leg. :giggle: Yeah, sharpening those teeth is tedious but worth it. A couple months ago I got a new Jonesered chainsaw and it cuts through wood like a razor through butter. :)

Just pulling your leg. :giggle: Yeah, sharpening those teeth is tedious but worth it. A couple months ago I got a new Jonesered chainsaw and it cuts through wood like a razor through butter. :)

Never heard of that brand, Beo...

Back