Tree cutting problem

Tree that got crack in it? Then it calls for professional, and don't wait. Hope Hurricane season will be over without making landfall in your area.

Now that you got idea, Reba. Only professional will know what they are talking about. So, you can determine which knows and which not to hire.

I wouldn't recommend using Craig's list in your case. I used Craig's list to get free trees and it is strictly hardwood for me. I turned down few that are related to liability risks, and all pines too (Plus more than 50 miles from my home). I do not want any creosote build up in chimney. Pine are prone to create heavy creosote.

To others that cut down trees for themselves. I support environment and trees. Please do not cut down and transport more than 50 miles. The reason is that often there are invasive insects that may unintended spread to other areas and kills more trees. NYS law prohibits transport these trees more than 50 miles from its origin. There is two elm trees across my house, and it got Emerald Ash borer from Michigan and it is killing them. Hopefully technician is saving that trees.

State of SC issued new law that firewood can no longer be brought into state parks. Must buy from Ranger station vendor because of bugs.

This is the company that will do the work:

rawsonservices.com

Uhm, I find this amusing because I am surrounded by dozens of these kinds of trees of this size or larger. I literally live in the woods. So far we have had only on tree snap and fall on the house. No major damage was done. We had to replace the shingles and patch the hole on the decking of the part of the porch it landed on. It narrowly missed my bed room window by just a couple of feet and my bed is under that window. I call that divine intervention.

Am I worried about the trees falling? No. Why? Because it's not if it's going to happen, it's when it is going to happen. I guess it's to be expected in these parts.

We've already cut down some of these large trees that have died. We have a redneck method of doing it so that the tree falls into the woods and not on the house. I wouldn't call it a safe method though. :shock:

BTW - Arkansas plays against South Carolina this week in Fayetteville, AR. :D

Uhm, I find this amusing because I am surrounded by dozens of these kinds of trees of this size or larger. I literally live in the woods. So far we have had only on tree snap and fall on the house. No major damage was done. We had to replace the shingles and patch the hole on the decking of the part of the porch it landed on. It narrowly missed my bed room window by just a couple of feet and my bed is under that window. I call that divine intervention.

Am I worried about the trees falling? No. Why? Because it's not if it's going to happen, it's when it is going to happen. I guess it's to be expected in these parts.

We've already cut down some of these large trees that have died. We have a redneck method of doing it so that the tree falls into the woods and not on the house. I wouldn't call it a safe method though. :shock:

BTW - Arkansas plays against South Carolina this week in Fayetteville, AR. :D

lol at least your big tree is not wedged between 2 houses

I'm curious to know what your redneck method is.... does it involve chain and pickup truck? :lol:

lol at least your big tree is not wedged between 2 houses

I'm curious to know what your redneck method is.... does it involve chain and pickup truck? :lol:

It involves a chainsaw, a chain, a fourwheeler, and someone who is unlucky enough to get drafted into this thing. (usually me) :shock:

Call the brave tree cutters from California, Oregon or Washington state. They know the best, because they deal with trees lot taller than in South Carolina. They can cut down a redwood 10 ft away from the house that is over 100+ ft tall, no problem. The girth of the 3 trees growing together are lot bigger than that puny pine tree.

Call the brave tree cutters from California, Oregon or Washington state. They know the best, because they deal with trees lot taller than in South Carolina. They can cut down a redwood 10 ft away from the house that is over 100+ ft tall, no problem. The girth of the 3 trees growing together are lot bigger than that puny pine tree.

Yeah like anyone is going to listen to a Sequoias about tree cutting. We know you are just looking out for yourself! :laugh2:

thing is - this tree is in a dangerous position that can result in a very costly accident.

it's wedged between 2 houses and it's cracked.

You left out the :beer:

I need something stronger than that if I'm the one on the four wheeler and we're on the edge of the ravine. It literally goes from a 10% incline to around a 45% incline and of course there's hundreds of other trees to smack into if something should go wrong.

thing is - this tree is in a dangerous position that can result in a very costly accident.

it's wedged between 2 houses and it's cracked.

Well, tree experts who know the best can figure that out, not everyone who cut trees down are that good. It's probably lot more dangerous to cut a huge redwood next to a house than that pine tree that's lot smaller, it's not that big to me. It's probably best to leave the place and let them take care of the job while no one is around until they have it taken down. Any mishap can happen.

Well, tree experts who know the best can figure that out, not everyone who cut trees down are that good. It's probably lot more dangerous to cut a huge redwood next to a house than that pine tree that's lot smaller, it's not that big to me. It's probably best to leave the place and let them take care of the job while no one is around until they have it taken down. Any mishap can happen.

it's still big enough to cause a very expensive damage on house or kill a person.

I need something stronger than that if I'm the one on the four wheeler and we're on the edge of the ravine. It literally goes from a 10% incline to around a 45% incline and of course there's hundreds of other trees to smack into if something should go wrong.

Sounds like an AFV moment just waiting to happen :lol:

it's still big enough to cause a very expensive damage on house or kill a person.

Claim insurance on the house with no one around. Just hire the best tree expert to jog around the problem. It will take a while for Reba to find one, I agree.

Back