Tree cutting problem

Oh, I know that. But there is a way to cut down that tree. It is tedious because of the safety precautions the cutter and helpers must take. The cutter must have a harness and other safety equipment donned, and a good thick nylon rope. He will cut off a section from the top, and the helpers will give slack to the rope, lowering the section to the ground. The process is repeated until the job is done. Very time-consuming. I have cut down quite a few trees this way, but right now I am too heavy to get to the top of the pine tree (I weigh 210 now, lol).
Surely you can ask around for someone to do that?

Many tree cutting businesses are wary about their own insurance and lawsuit. If one grave mistake, business insurance will either double the price or no longer support it. In this case, it will close the buinsess. Same way with auto shop, they are not allow to have any customer come into the garage due to insurance policy.. you know?

Many tree cutting businesses are wary about their own insurance and lawsuit. If one grave mistake, business insurance will either double the price or no longer support it. In this case, it will close the buinsess. Same way with auto shop, they are not allow to have any customer come into the garage due to insurance policy.. you know?

I scoff at those limp-wristed, milk-sopping businesses. I have never had any mishap because of the care and preparation I have. :roll:

Just pulling your leg. :giggle: Yeah, sharpening those teeth is tedious but worth it. A couple months ago I got a new Jonesered chainsaw and it cuts through wood like a razor through butter. :)

I know, I'm just being silly. My last two saws, with is Stihl Farm Boss and now I have Stihl Magnium 880 model... this is the motherf**ker meaniest machine.

I know, I'm just being silly. My last two saws, with is Stihl Farm Boss and now I have Stihl Magnium 880 model... this is the motherf**ker meaniest machine.

I quit buying those because they do not last long. I went through four of them before I wised up. But hey, if you are happy with them, cool!

Oh, I know that. But there is a way to cut down that tree. It is tedious because of the safety precautions the cutter and helpers must take. The cutter must have a harness and other safety equipment donned, and a good thick nylon rope. He will cut off a section from the top, and the helpers will give slack to the rope, lowering the section to the ground. The process is repeated until the job is done. Very time-consuming. I have cut down quite a few trees this way, but right now I am too heavy to get to the top of the pine tree (I weigh 210 now, lol).
Surely you can ask around for someone to do that?
I think we're going to have to get other estimates.

The problem is, we don't want cheaper if it means less safe.

This really did seem to be a good company from the work we saw them do at our other neighbor's house.

They planned to remove the upper branches, then take down sections of the trunk, a little at a time, like you said.

I scoff at those limp-wristed, milk-sopping businesses. I have never had any mishap because of the care and preparation I have. :roll:

Yes, I even being very careful but it was a fluke unexpected accident. I post a pix here in this forum showing two slices on my arm. That was back in 1977, me a young careless kid.

I think we're going to have to get other estimates.

The problem is, we don't want cheaper if it means less safe.

This really did seem to be a good company from the work we saw them do at our other neighbor's house.

They planned to remove the upper branches, then take down sections of the trunk, a little at a time, like you said.

I understand. The price is nothing compared to the cost of a tree-damaged house.

Yes, I even being very careful but it was a fluke unexpected accident. I post a pix here in this forum showing two slices on my arm. That was back in 1977, me a young careless kid.

Fortunately you lived and learned. I had a friend who tried to pull down a tree with his jeep and it crashed right on top of it, totaling it. I still rib him today about that act of sheer stupidity. :roll:

I quit buying those because they do not last long. I went through four of them before I wised up. But hey, if you are happy with them, cool!

I read a lot about Jonesered, but from where I live, not even one have it near by.

Then, isn't it worth the 4700?
Probably but they just don't have that kind of money. It's an elderly couple on fixed income. Also, that's not the final total price.

Removal of following trees: one gum tree front yard; one pine tree, 29", 85', right side of house; and one gum tree, left front corner of house.

Trim one oak tree, lower branches, lower deadwood and limb going over left rear side of house.

Total: $7,075.00

All persons that reside at xxx and xxx Xxxxx Drive, Xxxxxx, SC, will have to vacate their residence for the day, starting no later than 8:00 AM, on the day work is to be performed. All cars are to be inside residences' garages or parked at least two blocks away from job site.

A $ 2,500.00 deposit is required to schedule this job. It is refundable if Rawson Services Inc, is not able to complete job within a 30 day period. This is pursuant to check clearing the bank.

As you can see from my pictures, we don't want to park our cars in the garage--that's ground zero.

Updated views of the tree since we removed the magnolia tree.

Attachments

• pinefull1.jpg
    pinefull1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 15
  • pinemid1.jpg
    pinemid1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 15
  • pinetrunk1.jpg
    pinetrunk1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 16
  • pinetrunk2.jpg
    pinetrunk2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 15
  • pineus1.jpg
    pineus1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 15
Get some termites and let them eat the tree!!
I tried that with the one in our yard that the committee wouldn't allow us to cut down. I found a nest of termites, dug them up, and planted them at the base of the tree. It didn't work. :|

I tried that with the one in our yard that the committee wouldn't allow us to cut down. I found a nest of termites, dug them up, and planted them at the base of the tree. It didn't work. :|

Just a thought — does the one that the committee wouldn't let you cut happen to be one of the ones that has to come down now to get at the dangerous one? Lucky if it is!

Just a thought — does the one that the committee wouldn't let you cut happen to be one of the ones that has to come down now to get at the dangerous one? Lucky if it is!
No, it isn't. Our one pine tree is on the opposite side of our house, in the front yard.

One of my childhood friends played basketball for MSU in the late 80's so I kinda root for them even though that is my only connection. :lol:

My connection is I was born and raised in south Lansing. MSU is located in east Lansing. My nephew recently graduated from MSU and is working as a math teacher in training.

Yeah..it's expensive. I'd be willing to cut tree for you, with many years of tree cutting, gone through 3 chain saws and nearly cut my arm off. I still continue doing crazy idea of cutting down tree in a tight space.

Nearly cut your arm off? A real logger/tree remover would have cut it off and sewn it on again using only a strip of bark. :giggle:

Back