Tree cutting problem

I love how many of you change the story post to post over time: height of tree, costs, what's being completed. It's funny. :P :P :P

The scoop: $4,750.00 Remove the large pine, remove two medium gum trees in the front yard, remove large twin-trunk gum on garage side of house. Grind all five stumps (includes the magnolia I cut down last week). Trim back about 5 trees around the back and side of the house to keep limbs from overhanging the roof. Removing one river birch limb that leans over our fence and shed. All trees will be removed from the property with the exception of the large gum. I will be keeping the trunks for future firewood.

Starts tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. I will be around until 9:45 to take pictures. We both should be back to take more about 2 p.m. :)

I love how many of you change the story post to post over time: height of tree, costs, what's being completed. It's funny. :P :P :P

The scoop: $4,750.00 Remove the large pine, remove two medium gum trees in the front yard, remove large twin-trunk gum on garage side of house. Grind all five stumps (includes the magnolia I cut down last week). Trim back about 5 trees around the back and side of the house to keep limbs from overhanging the roof. Removing one river birch limb that leans over our fence and shed. All trees will be removed from the property with the exception of the large gum. I will be keeping the trunks for future firewood.

Starts tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. I will be around until 9:45 to take pictures. We both should be back to take more about 2 p.m. :)

Can't wait for the pics. $4,700 for that seems very reasonable to me.

This made me LOL! I laugh because a tree that was cut down when I was a young child still was a still a visible stump when I was in High School. Depending on the tree and the environment that stump may be there for many many years.

my mother lost a weeping willow in her back yard and did not have the stump removed and the tree started to grow back right out the stump.

This morning:

Attachments

• pinecutting 001.jpg
    pinecutting 001.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 37
  • pinecutting 002.jpg
    pinecutting 002.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 37
  • pinecutting 003.jpg
    pinecutting 003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 37
  • pinecutting 004.jpg
    pinecutting 004.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 35
  • pinecutting 005.jpg
    pinecutting 005.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 34
  • pinecutting 006.jpg
    pinecutting 006.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 33
Interesting pics Reba. That tree makes that guy look tiny!

More:

Attachments

• pinecutting 008.jpg
    pinecutting 008.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 27
  • pinecutting 009.jpg
    pinecutting 009.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 26
  • pinecutting 011.jpg
    pinecutting 011.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 27
  • pinecutting 012.jpg
    pinecutting 012.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 24
  • pinecutting 013.jpg
    pinecutting 013.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 23
  • pinecutting 014.jpg
    pinecutting 014.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 24
  • pinecutting 016.jpg
    pinecutting 016.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 25
  • pinecutting 017.jpg
    pinecutting 017.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 25
Reba, on that very last picture when the cutter made the first cut of the trunk, did you notice the tree sway violently or did that cable prevent that?

More:

Attachments

• pinecutting 019.jpg
    pinecutting 019.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 25
  • pinecutting 023.jpg
    pinecutting 023.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 24
  • pinecutting 024.jpg
    pinecutting 024.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 23
  • pinecutting 027.jpg
    pinecutting 027.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 23
  • pinecutting 028.jpg
    pinecutting 028.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 23
  • pinecutting 029.jpg
    pinecutting 029.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 23
  • pinecutting 034.jpg
    pinecutting 034.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 28
Reba, on that very last picture when the cutter made the first cut of the trunk, did you notice the tree sway violently or did that cable prevent that?
I wasn't home at the time. TCS took those pictures. He's at work now, so I'll have him reply to your question later.

Last of the pine tree:

Attachments

• pinecutting 035.jpg
    pinecutting 035.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 26
  • pinecutting 036.jpg
    pinecutting 036.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 24
  • pinecutting 038.jpg
    pinecutting 038.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 25
  • pinecutting 040.jpg
    pinecutting 040.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 23
  • pinecutting 041.jpg
    pinecutting 041.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 23
  • pinecutting 043.jpg
    pinecutting 043.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 25
Tree problem....SOLVED! Will TCS be splitting those logs with an axe or wedge? Or did you invest in a hydraulic splitter?

What will they do with the stump?

What about the roots? At one time I watched Holmes Home show that showed that the roots reached under basement of the house toward another side. :shock:

They're working on the two front yard gum trees now.

What will they do with the stump?

What about the roots? At one time I watched Holmes Home show that showed that the roots reached under basement of the house toward another side. :shock:

I think what they do is drill a bunch of small holes in the stump then invite the entire neighborhood to stop by. Stick straws in the holes, and everyone suck the root out of the earth. Oh wait, I think that was just another one of my weird dreams. Nevermind, ignore me. :giggle:

Tree problem....SOLVED! Will TCS be splitting those logs with an axe or wedge? Or did you invest in a hydraulic splitter?
The tree service will be hauling away all the pine wood. So far, they've hauled off several dump truck loads. It's a lot to haul away.

We might keep some of the gum tree for firewood. We borrow the hydraulic splitter from church.

We already have several racks of firewood, mostly oak and cedar. We're running out of room. :lol:

We don't use a lot of firewood each year in this area. We do have a wood stove, and we make the most use that we can. The weather just isn't that cold.

I think what they do is drill a bunch of small holes in the stump then invite the entire neighborhood to stop by. Stick straws in the holes, and everyone suck the root out of the earth. Oh wait, I think that was just another one of my weird dreams. Nevermind, ignore me. :giggle:

:giggle:

Back