Post your DIY projects here

:ty: for nice compliment...

Simple is: open the window every morning around year, no matter how bad weather is for 5 to 15 minutes to fresh air. It helps to reduce dust. It takes me few minutes to sweep few dusts off with ostrich feather duster. I only use it once a month which is not much. I do the same with picture frames and selves as well.

I paint colorless gloss vanish on all craft things which is helps to reduce dusts as well.

Note: Don’t leave the window open for all the day due hot weather because it will increase dust in room but early of morning before the hot weather comes is the best. I open the window between 6.00 am and 6.30 am for 5 to 15 minutes. I am a morning person.

It would not look good if you have dark furniture, that’s why I color my furniture from dark to light…

This is only toilet or rest room, not bathroom...

Oh I see now. That's brilliant! I would do the same thing to dust off in the early morning. How about if you set up a business to help people with their decorating home? I think that you have a good taste. Maybe, Reba would do her own business. I dunno.

...May I ask what is the long tap-like gadget on the wall above the stove?
Here's a picture of it in use.

We can fill big pots while they are on the stove, and start heating them right away, while they are filling. It's also useful when Hubby and I are both using the kitchen at the same time. One person can use the sink for prep work, and the other can fill the pot or get a cup of water without getting in the way.

Attachments

• fillingpot.jpg
    fillingpot.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 20
Here's a picture of it in use.

We can fill big pots while they are on the stove, and start heating them right away, while they are filling. It's also useful when Hubby and I are both using the kitchen at the same time. One person can use the sink for prep work, and the other can fill the pot or get a cup of water without getting in the way.

Sneaky idea! .... saves the hassle of lugging filled pots from sink to stove. I suppose that's the norm over there in USA but as far as I know, we don't have that in Oz. Thanks heaps for the pic of showing how it's done, Reba! :)

Sneaky idea! .... saves the hassle of lugging filled pots from sink to stove. I suppose that's the norm over there in USA but as far as I know, we don't have that in Oz. Thanks heaps for the pic of showing how it's done, Reba! :)
You're welcome. :)

It's not the norm here to me. I've never seen that before but that's a great idea. I'll have to remember that if I ever build my own house.

OH GOSH! I Love your bathroom!!!! Can I come over? :fingersx: SO beautiful and so creative!!!! We are doing beach/light house in 2nd bathroom. But need some idea for upstairs bathroom, not sure what yet...but the shower curtain is in fish. You are soo creative!!!
Before and After in WC (toilet)

Before... We built our dream house with our own design... Around 10 years later after that we changed our mind and dont like taste anymore. We thought it's waste to rid of wall tiles. We leave it and cover something with maritime look. We collect shells for years to cover border and paper to hide ugly decoration... and decorate with maritime look due my craft work. I mean ALL including saving life ring (white/red ring on the wall)...all with my craft work... except some fishes, crabs, scrimps,...

After... finish with maritime look...

It's not the norm here to me. I've never seen that before but that's a great idea. I'll have to remember that if I ever build my own house.
It's not a standard feature but more people are including them in remodels. We were fortunate that our laundry room backs up to the stove wall, so connecting to the plumbing wasn't too difficult.

Oh I see now. That's brilliant! I would do the same thing to dust off in the early morning. How about if you set up a business to help people with their decorating home? I think that you have a good taste. Maybe, Reba would do her own business. I dunno.

Yes I thought about set up the furniture restoration business sometimes but it's risk to give my job up for set the business. I would set up the business if I am out of work.

I enjoy myself to doing furniture restoration as my hobby. My friends order me to do things for them sometimes.

OH GOSH! I Love your bathroom!!!! Can I come over? :fingersx: SO beautiful and so creative!!!! We are doing beach/light house in 2nd bathroom. But need some idea for upstairs bathroom, not sure what yet...but the shower curtain is in fish. You are soo creative!!!

:ty: for nice compliment... :D

You can look ADers' idea in Reba's thread to help you to improve your home... or search home and garden via google? How about that?

Liebling,

Wow, your bathroom look really neat and it is something different, very creative ideas you got Liebling. :)

Reba,

That's a neat idea about the tap on the wall near by the oven. :)

:ty: for nice compliment, SG. No, it´s not just Reba´s kitchen and my bathroom but more things than just kitchen and bathroom in the whole of Reba´s thread.

Yea..thanks! We'll come up with something for upstairs bathroom. :thumb:

:ty: for nice compliment... :D

You can look ADers' idea in Reba's thread to help you to improve your home... or search home and garden via google? How about that?

Reba, wow amazing your DIY pictures..

Liebling, nice DIY decorates of shell..

Mine have not gone revocation yet due my hubby laid off his job that why and wait for hear re-call his company... cannot wait he'll return his work soon.. so we can work on DIY start with basement/new bedroom additional.

Reba ...

Had to laugh last night when I brushed my teeth over the basin and nearly choked when I saw your name 'REBA' etched on a stainless steel edge cover around the basin hole with grate. The name never registered with me until now. :lol:

Reba ...

Had to laugh last night when I brushed my teeth over the basin and nearly choked when I saw your name 'REBA' etched on a stainless steel edge cover around the basin hole with grate. The name never registered with me until now. :lol:

:-o

Back