Post your DIY projects here

Reba and Liebling ....

The pictures of your DIY ventures and renovations to furnitures/rooms are fantastic! Wow! It made my jaw drop .... loved the results!
:ty:

Reba ...

You must have a fascination with lighthouses .... love the lighthouse soap dispenser next to the kitchen sink. :)
Yes, I like lighthouses, and other nautical things.

May I ask what is the long tap-like gadget on the wall above the stove?
That is a pot filler.

Your kitchen is nice. My kitchen is about the same size as yours.
My kitchen is small but it's enough for Hubby and me. In addition to remodeling the appearance, I took everything out of my cabinets, got rid of some stuff, and got new roll out inserts for some of the lower cabinets and pantry. Now my kitchen works more efficiently.

I met a man to talk about my kitchen renovation at the Home Show a couple of weeks ago. Recently, he came to my house and to look at my kitchen.

He suggested me to buy all cabinet doors, wood plates, and a counter. He showed me the options for the materials. He said that it cost 17,000 dollars. Then, he said that I could pay him for 15,000 right away. He also said that his company is number one at the top line of the company. I nodded. I am so disgusted that he said that to me. Actually, I turned him down later.

I believe that it would cost me 800 dollars for the door replacements if I hire a local professional. The counter is hard to pick. I like your sink and it is under the counter. That's what I plan for my kitchen.
We did a lot of our own work, so we saved money. Just by removing our old counter top ourselves we saved $200.

Yes, I love the undermount sink. It's so easy to keep the area clean and dry.

I'm surprised that you bought the faucet on eBay because it is probably used - perhaps not.
No, they were brand new, still in the original packaging. Some Ebay sellers are wholesale stores, not individuals. That's the same way we bought the plumbing fixtures for our bathroom shower. Some Ebay wholesellers offer a better selection than our local stores.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I need a new floor and all new windows. Oh boy, that's another money.
'Fraid so.

Reba... Wow nice bathroom and kitchen...

I do myself all the time!!

Reba... Wow nice bathroom and kitchen...

I do myself all the time!!

Really - all the times? Come over and help us. I have a bedroom for you so that you could work all day. Don't worry if you see a long metal chain and a lock under the bed. Oh, that's not for you. :naughty:

What do you think or have you heard about Krypton gas and Argon gas? I was told that Argon is cheaper than Kryton.

I forgot to ask a window dealer about the Kryton with doubled glasses instead of tripled glasses.

(They sell Argon gas with double glasses and Kryton gas with tripled glasses.)

I hate to call the dealer on the phone because he would think that I am interested to buy them from him, and he offered for the prices two times. I want the prices to go down a little more. He is trying to mess with me for the prices. I would rather to talk some female dealers to talk about the windows, and they are pretty honest. You know that most men makes more money than women.

Last year, a dealer from a different company came and talked about the window replacement, and he said 30,000 dollars for 18 new double hung windows (6 over 6) and a sliding door. Another dealer said about 20,000 dollars. They were definitely scammers. They are so bad. I can't imagine that other customers believed them, and they are incredibly stupid.

wow, Reba - it's very nice!!!!!!!!!! Your hubby is talent do with his handwork!!!

I will change the color on kitchen unit into old antique yellow this year, and also great aunt's old kitchen wall unit which is still in our garage since 2000.

I am starting to plan with dining antique unit with 4 doors & 2 drawers this month first. I will post before and after pictures soon when I am ready...

Reba and Liebling ....

The pictures of your DIY ventures and renovations to furnitures/rooms are fantastic! Wow! It made my jaw drop .... loved the results!

Love watching those DIY/renovation TV programs we have here ... always waiting in anticipation of the before/after outcomes ... I cannot get enough of it. I have a great admiration for people who can do DIY projects. :applause:

:ty: for showing them on AD. :)

:ty: for nice compliment.

Before and After in WC (toilet)

Before... We built our dream house with our own design... Around 10 years later after that we changed our mind and dont like taste anymore. We thought it's waste to rid of wall tiles. We leave it and cover something with maritime look. We collect shells for years to cover border and paper to hide ugly decoration... and decorate with maritime look due my craft work. I mean ALL including saving life ring (white/red ring on the wall)...all with my craft work... except some fishes, crabs, scrimps,...

After... finish with maritime look...

Before... We built our dream house with our own design... Around 10 years later after that we changed our mind and dont like taste anymore. We thought it's waste to rid of wall tiles. We leave it and cover something with maritime look. We collect shells for years to cover border and paper to hide ugly decoration... and decorate with maritime look due my craft work. I mean ALL including saving life ring (white/red ring on the wall)...all with my craft work... except some fishes, crabs, scrimps,...

After... finish with maritime look...

Very cutie decorate! ! Very cool ! ! :thumb:

:afro:

M-

That's very creative! Liebling

I hate to ask you about one thing. How do you deal with the dust and molds if you have too many things in the bathroom?

wow, Reba - it's very nice!!!!!!!!!! Your hubby is talent do with his handwork!!!

I will change the color on kitchen unit into old antique yellow this year, and also great aunt's old kitchen wall unit which is still in our garage since 2000.

I am starting to plan with dining antique unit with 4 doors & 2 drawers this month first. I will post before and after pictures soon when I am ready...
I look forward to seeing your project. :)

Before... We built our dream house with our own design... Around 10 years later after that we changed our mind and dont like taste anymore.

I know what you mean. We've lived in this house since 1990, and we've gradually changed the decor since a few years ago.

We thought it's waste to rid of wall tiles. We leave it and cover something with maritime look. We collect shells for years to cover border and paper to hide ugly decoration... and decorate with maritime look due my craft work. I mean ALL including saving life ring (white/red ring on the wall)...all with my craft work... except some fishes, crabs, scrimps,...
Yes, I like the maritime look, too. (We call it "nautical.") I like to bring home shells that I find at the beach but some things we also bought.

As I get older, I prefer to keep things simple, and I've been downsizing and getting rid of a lot of stuff. We had a yard sale two weeks ago, selling all kinds of stuff, "including the kitchen sink", heh, heh. Yeah, I sold my old sink and faucet, the old light fixture, and other stuff from my "old" kitchen, so that helped pay for some of the "new" stuff. :)

Hubby did all the backsplash tile work himself. The tiles are glass mosaic, shades of aqua and white. White grout used. This is a "during" picture:

I was planning to do that in my kitchen for the backsplash. :D Guess we had a same mind. :giggle:

That's very creative! Liebling

I hate to ask you about one thing. How do you deal with the dust and molds if you have too many things in the bathroom?

:ty: for nice compliment...

Simple is: open the window every morning around year, no matter how bad weather is for 5 to 15 minutes to fresh air. It helps to reduce dust. It takes me few minutes to sweep few dusts off with ostrich feather duster. I only use it once a month which is not much. I do the same with picture frames and selves as well.

I paint colorless gloss vanish on all craft things which is helps to reduce dusts as well.

Note: Don’t leave the window open for all the day due hot weather because it will increase dust in room but early of morning before the hot weather comes is the best. I open the window between 6.00 am and 6.30 am for 5 to 15 minutes. I am a morning person.

It would not look good if you have dark furniture, that’s why I color my furniture from dark to light…

This is only toilet or rest room, not bathroom...

I know what you mean. We've lived in this house since 1990, and we've gradually changed the decor since a few years ago.

Yes, I like the maritime look, too. (We call it "nautical.") I like to bring home shells that I find at the beach but some things we also bought.

As I get older, I prefer to keep things simple, and I've been downsizing and getting rid of a lot of stuff. We had a yard sale two weeks ago, selling all kinds of stuff, "including the kitchen sink", heh, heh. Yeah, I sold my old sink and faucet, the old light fixture, and other stuff from my "old" kitchen, so that helped pay for some of the "new" stuff. :)

:ty: for those word "nautical". Yes, I collect few shells on beach when I was in Australia for vacation and also overseas for years as well. I was like wow when I saw a load of shells... and say to myself what should I do with those shells until I got idea to use something in toilet... that's so... I put overleft in the shell bowl...

It's not easy to separate old stuffs... It's chicken of me... :giggle: I like to refurnish old stuffs from new one look... My friends thought they are new which is not... :giggle: Yes, it's good that you sold stuffs to help to pay new ones.

Back