Post your DIY projects here

Hi. I have a DIY project that I've just finished.

Before:

After:
11913d1206314267-how-connect-your-wireless-doorbell-elk-m1-gold-wirelessdoorbell.jpg

I've attached the image which shows where the two wires get connected together via wire nuts. The wire that leads out from the back of the doorbell gets connected to Elk M1 Gold (search in SmartHome.com's website).

After I completed my project, my wireless doorbell receiver is now part of my home automation! :)

Attachments

• wirelessdoorbellprogress.jpg
    wirelessdoorbellprogress.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi. I have a DIY project that I've just finished.

After I completed my project, my wireless doorbell receiver is now part of my home automation! :)
Cool! Better living thru automation. :P

Back of clock stand. It´s over 23 years old clock... We do not like those color anymore... it make us feel old... I finished to done... and make me feel young and fresh... :giggle:

BEFORE

AFTER

It took me few days to paint and decorate the back of the clock stand...

The picture of front clock stand come soon.

BEFORE... front clock stand... That´s color of clock make me feel old...

AFTER...

I am working for weeks on dining rack... I will post the pictures when I finish done...

Liebling:)))

It looks nice and pretty. I think that you made a big mistake because it is definitely loss its value that cannot be go back to the original. I think this would be about 4 thousand dollars. Now, it might be 100 dollars.

I love this thread!

Liebling ... that's terrific! ... no offence when I ask: do you paint those flowers or done by collage?

It looks nice and pretty. I think that you made a big mistake because it is definitely loss its value that cannot be go back to the original. I think this would be about 4 thousand dollars. Now, it might be 100 dollars.
Maybe not. She said it was only 23 years old, not an antique. :)

No it´s not real antique. (it´s plastic, not wood). Yes it look like antique but it´s not. The brass is real one... I do not color on brass... just back and front. We bought it at 23 years ago from clock shop, not antique shop.

Sell value stuffs is not my thing when I own a lot of antique stuffs here. I restore to correct some of them, not color them. Everything what we have, pass to our sons... It´s up to them...

A lot of people prefer to buy bright and friendly color on "antique-look" than those old one.

Wow! Oh, how BEAUTY!!!

Nice job on the paint! :)

:ty: for nice compliment.

Ozzie´s post
I love this thread!

Liebling ... that's terrific! ... no offence when I ask: do you paint those flowers or done by collage?

:ty: for a nice compliment. collage? Do you mean stick? No, it´s paper-napkin, not collage.

I use paper-napkin a lot on my restoration work because it look like that I paint them... You can tell I do not paint if I use collage.

Reba´s post
Maybe not. She said it was only 23 years old, not an antique.

Yes, that´s right. I would never paint real antique... but correct damage one...

I forget to edit something to add...

It´s also value when you paint into "antique-look" because it´s handwork. And, you really think it´s easy for anyone to afford $4,000? I doubt. Maybe rich people... At the moment, the more and more people see after bright and friendly color on antique-look furntiure.. That furntiure, I restored and trick is the same as other furniture at shops... expensive. Some friends of mine took some pictures at shop and want me to do their old stuff into like this... for half price than original price at shop. :)

:ty: for a nice compliment. collage? Do you mean stick? No, it´s paper-napkin, not collage.

I use paper-napkin a lot on my restoration work because it look like that I paint them... You can tell I do not paint if I use collage.

Had to look it up on Google ... paper-napkins collage. Never heard of that one, only a 'sticker type of collage', then varnish over it. The paper-napkins collage you have looks awesome! :)

Had to look it up on Google ... paper-napkins collage. Never heard of that one, only a 'sticker type of collage', then varnish over it. The paper-napkins collage you have looks awesome! :)

This is very soft paper-napkins like you can use it as tissue box to clean your nose or dirty mouth after dinner... Yes, I was in Australia and America, want to buy paper-napkins there but they sell very few paper-napkins and look not real "paint" for furniture, vase, pictures, etc. Here in Germany is very common to have thousands of paper-napkins everywhere in the shop.

I cut piece from paper-napkins (see this picture - unfinish cut). It´s carefully to cut correct and then remove 2 slides of paper-napkin (you know that tissue do have 3 sides together) and then paint with special paper-napkin vanish. It´s very senstive creative work.

I buy paper-napkins from online sometimes for few only... at shop, I must buy 20 stick paper-napkins which I need only 3 or 4... that´s why I order paper-napkins from online shop then I can pick how many paper-napkins what I like to....

ServPatch Online Shop - Servietten für Serviettentechnik zum Basteln und Gestalten

If you want to see flowers then you can click "Blumen" from Serviettentechnik (English - paper-napkins). You can click each to see paper-napkins... something like that...

Blätter und Kräuter - leaves and herbs
Engel - Angel
Tiere - animals
Kinder - children
Küche - kitchen
and more....

That vase was a glass, I bought from flea market. I spray with different colors to make it look porzellan and then use different paper-napkins flowers and angel...

I got dirty white and blue like this from my hubby´s 90 years old Great Aunt at 8 years ago. I color and restored in antique way and then add few herbs paper-napkins...

I got a large picture frame with ugly picture from great Aunt. I don´t like ugly picture so I remove it and make with many napkin-papers and paint some... It look like that I paint all.

Is what you mean... example like this?

http://bilder.german-toyshop.de/Bilder/200013375.jpg

If I use sticker on furniture, it would not look real paint... it´s common to use very soft paper-napkins here in Germany for pictures, vase, stuffs, etc, also wall border as well.

I want to get wall border but it´s too expensive so I use 20 stick paper-napkins as wall border in kitchen. It look real wall-border, not paper-napkins.

Is what you mean... example like this?

http://bilder.german-toyshop.de/Bilder/200013375.jpg

If I use sticker on furniture, it would not look real paint... it´s common to use very soft paper-napkins here in Germany for pictures, vase, stuffs, etc, also wall border as well.

I want to get wall border but it´s too expensive so I use 20 stick paper-napkins as wall border in kitchen. It look real wall-border, not paper-napkins.

In the link you provided, yes, that's the sticker type style that we have here.

Thank you so much for showing the paper-napkin and now I understand what it's all about and how it's done. :) You have a wonderful and creative talent! the clock, vase, kitchen utensil set and the picture, oh my! Clever girl! :thumb:

Liebling, OMG. You have serious talent, girl! You should consider doing this for money. I bet people will pay lots of money for it! Great job!

No it´s not real antique. (it´s plastic, not wood). Yes it look like antique but it´s not. The brass is real one... I do not color on brass... just back and front. We bought it at 23 years ago from clock shop, not antique shop.

Sell value stuffs is not my thing when I own a lot of antique stuffs here. I restore to correct some of them, not color them. Everything what we have, pass to our sons... It´s up to them...

A lot of people prefer to buy bright and friendly color on "antique-look" than those old one.

Whew! It's a good thing that it wasn't that old. Gee, 23 years is a long time that would become an "antique." You have good skills for your creative.

I have not tried to convert from a print to canvas by water and clue on the canvas. It is a trick tool, but difficult to do it. Sometimes, it works.

Back