Changing a lightbulb can be very dangerous

Damn....I was going to say the bolt

F=M*A

Nice formula. lol

don't you need gravity to have a falling object?

F=M*A

Nice formula. lol

don't you need gravity to have a falling object?

The Earth is causing that acceleration since it's the bigger mass of the two. The bolt's pulls on Earth, too, but it's negligible. Two objects exhibit an acceleration on each other through gravitational attraction. The bigger the mass, the bigger the gravity it exerts.

why not just do this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmZyB_ghpa0[/ame]

:)

but yes and no. It's not the force that kills you. it's the sudden change in momentum. but in this case.. Force will kill you... which is why an anvil will kill you, not the bolt.

You left out the 6 feet mentioned...I doubt the anvil would kill at 6 feet.....but I'm not volunteering.

How heavy is the Anvil......I am thinking it would kill either crushing the skull or breaking the neck.

How heavy is the Anvil......I am thinking it would kill either crushing the skull or breaking the neck.

I guess I was thinking about the portable ones farriers carry around with them....10 pounds, probably less...

Btw, how old were you when Meniere's struck?

I guess I was thinking about the portable ones farriers carry around with them....10 pounds, probably less...

Ah, so not like the ACME anvils. :lol:

Around 22.....took them a looooong time to diagnose it. Back then they thought it occurred after age 45.

Around 22.....took them a looooong time to diagnose it. Back then they thought it occurred after age 45.

I'm gonna guess your case is pretty mild....compared to a couple others I know. All that exercising you are doing must help a lot....

I'm gonna guess your case is pretty mild....compared to a couple others I know. All that exercising you are doing must help a lot....

Yeah, we both know one and he goes through a lot these days. He's a fighter though.

no. the bolt nut will travel at the same speed as if it was dropped from 6 feet high.

Incorrect. It would take longer than 6ft for the bolt to reach terminal velocity. Depending on the weight, size, and density of the bolt, it may or may not kill you. A penny dropped from a skyscraper certainly would not kill you, but a 1 pound bolt probably would.

Incorrect. It would take longer than 6ft for the bolt to reach terminal velocity. Depending on the weight, size, and density of the bolt, it may or may not kill you. A penny dropped from a skyscraper certainly would not kill you, but a 1 pound bolt probably would.

Your last statement just nullified your 1st sentence :lol:

The terminal velocity won't kill you.

Yeah, we both know one and he goes through a lot these days. He's a fighter though.

That's right, Banjo....

Being a fighter is a big key. Attitude helps alot. I haven't had a big vertigo attack since 2005 or maybe 2006 (knock on wood). I have what I describe as micro attacks.... A random one or two second loss of balance..... I have several of those daily. I do get major headaches and I have horrible Tinnitus it's like a really bad concert 24/7.

MY story BTW

http://www.alldeaf.com/1483733-post548.html

Back