Changing a lightbulb can be very dangerous

and they do this what? like once a year?

Actually those guy travel around the country doing it. I know a guy that knows a guy. Not sure if he goes that high though

That gave me goosebumps! Must be a long climb up there for sure...wonder why they didn't use a helicopter to do it. :lol:

That gave me goosebumps! Must be a long climb up there for sure...wonder why they didn't use a helicopter to do it. :lol:

You have potential wind condition, potentially deadly static charge issue from both the tower and helicopter that could easily kill a man, and limited range of field vision for the pilot between it and the top of the tower, a person dangling beneath the helicopter and few other conditions that could make this work even more dangerous just to change a light bulb. I'd say it's cheaper and safer for a person to simply climb up and change the light bulb.

I wonder if there are less oxygen on top of the tower. I dunno. Surely, they were having fun.

...Hey, somebody dropped a bolt nut from the sky like a speeding bullet.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

webexplorer said:
I wonder if there are less oxygen on top of the tower. I dunno. Surely, they were having fun.

Less oxygen? Not that much less. Hmmm, wonder where that tower is at...probably in the Great Plains somewhere.

You would notice breathing less oxygen at over 8000 to 9000 ft elevation.

no. the bolt nut will travel at the same speed as if it was dropped from 6 feet high.

no. the bolt nut will travel at the same speed as if it was dropped from 6 feet high.

So really to kill you , I could just let go of an anvil one foot above your head, and it would do as much damage as if I let it go from fifty feet? :hmm:

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

Time to call The Mythbusters!

Back