Changing a lightbulb can be very dangerous

:dizzy: I feel sick after I watched it all the way. Yeah I agree what wildhunt's quote was. :shock:

You are cat.....you could get up there just fine.....but you wouldn't be able to get down.... :lol:

You know, I used to climb a lot trees when I was a teen. I mean these big Maple trees in our front yard. I'm up climbing over limb after limb til I'm like 30 feet from the top and I'm like 70 feet off the ground. I could see Stone Mountain from where I was at. I get giddy whenever I get a chance to visit a fire watch tower up to 120 feet off of the ground.

I watched it all the way through, but was very nervous. I am so afraid of heights, that I can't even go to the top of a set of bleachers in the high school gym.

You know, I used to climb a lot trees when I was a teen. I mean these big Maple trees in our front yard. I'm up climbing over limb after limb til I'm like 30 feet from the top and I'm like 70 feet off the ground. I could see Stone Mountain from where I was at. I get giddy whenever I get a chance to visit a fire watch tower up to 120 feet off of the ground.

Oh interesting, I did climbed the tree when I was 7 years old at elementary school but PE teacher told me to get down and gave me a 30 minutes at corner. :roll:

I did climbed the tree at few times when I was teen but not higher as you did.

Wow, amazing video to watch. It looks pretty dangerous job to do.

OSHA law requires minimim of two or more employees present, that is for safety reason.

Now, if he is alone, and if he falls, no one will call for help. So, having two or more and if one gets hurt, other can call for help. Makes sense, eh?

I used to work at one place, told supervisor I can take care alone, he said NO! can't due to OSHA regulation. Me frown, oh well.

Anyway, even though I do know how to change bulb of any kind but at this height? No thanks!

Pay is well because not many are willing to do this, and if the pay is less, no one will go up anyway. Light bulbs must be in working order for all of towers due to FAA regulations.

That made me queasy....dang. Wonder why it took 2 guys? If it were me, I think I'd rather be the first one.....just in case, yanno? :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWVLzVhnYE0[/ame]

This one puts that communications tower to shame.

That is Burj Dubai in Dubai in Middle East. It's 2,717 ft high.

Being a fighter is a big key. Attitude helps alot. I haven't had a big vertigo attack since 2005 or maybe 2006 (knock on wood). I have what I describe as micro attacks.... A random one or two second loss of balance..... I have several of those daily. I do get major headaches and I have horrible Tinnitus it's like a really bad concert 24/7.

MY story BTW

AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Adjustment to late onset deafness

I can completely relate to your episodes of tinnitus. I have inner ear nerve damage and sometimes the sirens/screeching/choir or whatever will not stop. I don't get vertigo but I am wondering which is worse of the two.

Energy of falling object

Here, have fun with this one.

The tower is 528 meters high.
An anvil dropped would be from 2 meters high (a little over 6 feet).
An anvil weighs 10 pounds or 4.5 kg.
A bolt, let's assume it weighs 250 grams (about 1/8th of a pound) for a good sized bolt.

You'll see the kinetic energy at the end of the drop would be much higher with the bolt than an anvil dropped from 2 meters high onto your head which would be traveling at a velocity of about about 6 m/s versus 101 m/s (but lower if you assume air friction will have an affect...it does) for a bolt. A bolt would have a kinetic energy that's 14 times larger than that of the anvil.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQ4dE_RGnQ[/ame]

:D looks like fun!

I watched it all the way through, but was very nervous. I am so afraid of heights, that I can't even go to the top of a set of bleachers in the high school gym.

I am not afraid of heights, I am just afraid of falling off of high places ;)

Back