Changing a lightbulb can be very dangerous

Being a fighter is a big key. Attitude helps alot. I haven't had a big vertigo attack since 2005 or maybe 2006 (knock on wood). I have what I describe as micro attacks.... A random one or two second loss of balance..... I have several of those daily. I do get major headaches and I have horrible Tinnitus it's like a really bad concert 24/7.

Well, you certainly have my respect and admiration, Sir....

Energy of falling object

Here, have fun with this one.

The tower is 528 meters high.
An anvil dropped would be from 2 meters high (a little over 6 feet).
An anvil weighs 10 pounds or 4.5 kg.
A bolt, let's assume it weighs 250 grams (about 1/8th of a pound) for a good sized bolt.

You'll see the kinetic energy at the end of the drop would be much higher with the bolt than an anvil dropped from 2 meters high onto your head which would be traveling at a velocity of about about 6 m/s versus 101 m/s (but lower if you assume air friction will have an affect...it does) for a bolt. A bolt would have a kinetic energy that's 14 times larger than that of the anvil.

What you just said makes no sense.

you said "incorrect" to my post where I stated that falling bolt from tower won't be like a speeding bullet which will kill.

Your post stated that if the falling object reaches its terminal velocity, it would kill... which is incorrect. The mass kills (along with force... hence F=m*a)

Energy of falling object

Here, have fun with this one.

The tower is 528 meters high.
The anvil dropped would be from 2 meters high (a little over 6 feet).
The anvil weighs 10 pounds or 4.5 kg.
A bolt, let's assume it weighs 250 grams (about 1/8th of a pound) for a good sized bolt.

You'll see the kinetic energy at the end of the drop would be much higher with the bolt than an anvil dropped from 2 meters high onto your head which would be traveling at a velocity of about about 6 m/s versus 101 m/s (but lower if you assume air friction will have an affect...it does) for a bolt. A bolt would have a kinetic energy that's 14 times larger than that of the anvil.

still won't kill you since the human body is able to overcome the bolt's kinetic energy.

that's why the bullet kills, not falling bolt.

I know how we can solve this. Make a contribution to the Delta Sigs and in exchange they can make this part of Matajan's initiation.

J/K Of Course!

:hmm: How many bolts would you have to drop from 1700 ft before you hit someone in the head?????

I already watch this video and I wouldn't mind to do it.

Of course, it is tough job and seems much pleasure to get up in air.

Is it true about skydiving, you have empty your bowel before go on skydiving?

you said "incorrect" to my post where I stated that falling bolt from tower won't be like a speeding bullet which will kill.

Your post stated that if the falling object reaches its terminal velocity, it would kill... which is incorrect. The mass kills (along with force... hence F=m*a)

What I was referring to as incorrect was your assertion that the bolt would fall at the same speed from six feet as it would from the top of the tower. That is incorrect because the bolt would still be accelerating past 6 feet until it reaches terminal velocity, which varies for different objects based on how much drag their design creates.

I understood Alex perfectly about the terminal velocity and the falling bolt from a tower.

Well, it's pretty ridiculous to suggest that an object falling from 6 feet would be just as fast as an object falling from a 1700 foot tower (if we're talking about two same objects like a bolt).

Well, it's pretty ridiculous to suggest that an object falling from 6 feet would be just as fast as an object falling from a 1700 foot tower (if we're talking about two same objects like a bolt).

Agreed.

(damnit! again!)

YIKES! My heart beats so fast!! I wouldn't want to climb that HIGH! :Ohno: too scary!

I already watch this video and I wouldn't mind to do it.

Of course, it is tough job and seems much pleasure to get up in air.

Is it true about skydiving, you have empty your bowel before go on skydiving?
for you, yes.

for me? hearty one.

Back