Are We Getting Lazy At Each & Every Generation?

Mr. Grammar Nazi, I would change it to:

Do your transcripts contain many spelling errors?

or, better yet:

Do you make many spelling errors in your transcripts?

Clear, concise and less passive.

I didn't abuse law review underlings for nothing. lol

I'm lazy so I'm going to take off my editor hat and relax now. . . split all of the infinitives you want.

So, are we being lazy when it comes to not providing transcripts for a diverse audience?

Jillio being an interpreter, It amazes me how fast an interpreter can change from Spoken English to ASL. I would leave her alone, She already had enough interpreting for the day.

Thanks. I have, in fact done transcripts for other posters. But, I'm not an interpreter...I have just been using ASL for 24 years and am glad to interpret on an informal basis if anyone needs it.

And, yes, I can switch back and forth pretty quickly. It has never taken me 3 hours to do a transcript.:giggle:

It's courtesy not curtesy. Do you have many spelling errors in your transcripts that you provided? :lol:

Oh, well....excuse the hell out of me for a typo. I'd be pretty careful with my own posts from here on out with that attitude.

Thanks. I have, in fact done transcripts for other posters. But, I'm not an interpreter...I have just been using ASL for 24 years and am glad to interpret on an informal basis if anyone needs it.

And, yes, I can switch back and forth pretty quickly. It has never taken me 3 hours to do a transcript.:giggle:

Then provide me a transcript that i can attach to my youtube videos... within 3 hours - show me you can do it.

So, are we being lazy when it comes to not providing transcripts for a diverse audience?

IMO, yes. In most circumstances. Sometimes it is done not out of laziness, but of a general disdain for signers.

Back