Are We Getting Lazy At Each & Every Generation?

some deaf don't caption because they are not very confidence with their writing skills, like myself when I tried to explain pictures for the blind. It was not easy to do especially I don't have good writing in the first place.

The ones I am thinking of are very talented with the English language, yet refuse to caption their ASL videos out of cultural preservation.

In that case'
I've always thought it was revenge on the hearing people who often leave them out of the loop.

ASL videos with captions help me learn ASL. It helps me learn new signs and practice the signs that I know. I feel trapped between the two worlds right now.

well I can't ask him for a transcript because I can't PM him.

It'd be better to ask first nicely than to rant first, at least you'll have a legitimate complaint afterwards if no transcript or captioning come about. The same goes for pictures here for d/b when adding in text description. Some forget or don't realize there are those who cannot read/see a picture.

It is better not to have to ask at all. Someone posting on a deaf message board should be sensitive enough to have a grasp of deaf needs. To do otherwise is simply rude and insensitive. Not to mention lazy.

I'll be honest.

I'll put minimal effort in captioning my ASL Videos.

It's not because I don't want to. It's just because it takes about 3 hours to caption a 4 minute fully ASL video.

I don't have motivation for that kind of stuff.

If you guys want to know what the videos are saying, you guys can call up Jillio. She seems to have the energy by her telling everyone that I am lazy.

Let's show some energy into something useful, eh Jillio?

But yeah, you guys can PM me now ;)

I'll be honest.

It's not because I don't want to. It's just because it takes about 3 hours to caption a 4 minute fully ASL video.

If you guys want to know what the videos are saying, you guys can call up Jillio. She seems to have the energy by her telling everyone that I am lazy.

That part is true. Translation doesn't take long, but it's the time-stamps. :|

I'll be honest.

Actually, I have provided transcripts not just for ASL videos, but for spoken English videos on this forum several times. Without being asked; as a general curtesy.

I'll be honest.

Jillio being an interpreter, It amazes me how fast an interpreter can change from Spoken English to ASL. I would leave her alone, She already had enough interpreting for the day.

btw, I don't really need an transcript anyway, I can figure it what it is about from this thread.

Actually, I have provided transcripts not just for ASL videos, but for spoken English videos on this forum several times. Without being asked; as a general curtesy.

It's courtesy not curtesy. Do you have many spelling errors in your transcripts that you provided? :lol:

OMG, it's the spelling nazis! Don't go there. The grammar nazis are next.

Feel free to do it for my videos, if you feel it's that easy.

Back