Are We Getting Lazy At Each & Every Generation?

Surveys are useless for determining cause or for presenting an unbiased assessment. Very, very limited. Quite lazy to rely on a survey.

Surveys are useless for determining cause or for presenting an unbiased assessment. Very, very limited. Quite lazy to rely on a survey.

Knock yourself out. Personal experience:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVJ0VdDzb3Y]YouTube - ASL comparison of white/blue collar jobs[/ame]

In regards of "laziness":
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFgwJkXnHJo]YouTube - ;)[/ame]

enjoy

I don't think it really boils down to become lazy for each generation that comes by. It is just that time changes as we all know. It may seem like it is the laziness that sets in.

Some are not so keen on the discipline that can motivate one or other to do such hard work. There are some that does it the opposite way. Sure, the technology has made it a lot easier for many of us and it has made a lot of lives contented. But, if you think about it for a minute, there are a lot out there that still has that same passion as every other previous generation has done by obtaining their ambition. They just do it differently.

It can manifest as laziness....that doesn't mean that laziness is the root cause.

I was blaming the companies that produce things today , there does not seem to be any pride in what companies are making , and the employess will pick up on this and not want to work as hard knowing they are making junk.
It has been proven when a company care about what it produce and it employess , more work get done!

It used to be that a company would hire employees and keep them. Good performance meant more responsibility and raises. Employees had retirement plans that kept them at the same company.

Now, a company doesn't plan on keeping employees. They lay off people and other people have to take up the slack without additional compensation. No one is promoted within so any advancements have to result from lateral moves. There's no loyalty from either employers or employees. People aren't motivated.

As Homer Simpson said, “No, no, no, Lisa. If adults don't like their jobs, they don't go on strike. They just go in every day and do it really half-assed.”

It's the American way!

I was blaming the companies that produce things today , there does not seem to be any pride in what companies are making , and the employess will pick up on this and not want to work as hard knowing they are making junk.
It has been proven when a company care about what it produce and it employess , more work get done!

That still doesn't equate to laziness. I don't know about the correlation to "more" work, but I'd say there is a correlation to higher quality work.

When I went to deaf community they had an attitude! I did not know SL well enough to use and ask them a question, they acted as if I just held as gun to their head! They were shocked that dare to use my voice in front of them! What kind of attitude it that to have toward a HOH person! Talk about attitude there are plenty of people here that have one! Bottesini you have one big time!
I have posted videos and people said the same thing I said , so I guess some people are double standard here too!

This does me no good ,as I do not know how to read sign language! I did learn some years ago but I never was able to use it as I was not welcome in the deaf community in college !

Did you ask him, via PM, or in here if he could provide a transcript of what he said?

General curtesy to provide one for non-signing members, just as it is general curtesy to provide a transcript for audio based videos for the deaf members. No one should have to ask.

But, I can't help but wonder...is it laziness that makes some people so prone to not providing those transcripts....or simply ego-centrism?

General curtesy to provide one for non-signing members, just as it is general curtesy to provide a transcript for audio based videos for the deaf members. No one should have to ask.

But, I can't help but wonder...is it laziness that makes some people so prone to not providing those transcripts....or simply ego-centrism?

Well...

With automatic captioning around the corner on YouTube... the Deaf really have no more excuses for not captioning their videos.

;)

Well...

With automatic captioning around the corner on YouTube... the Deaf really have no more excuses for not captioning their videos.

;)

some deaf don't caption because they are not very confidence with their writing skills, like myself when I tried to explain pictures for the blind. It was not easy to do especially I don't have good writing in the first place.

Back