Your Talents?

mm I tend to be the trendy type...

Well, just stick with a basic style and trendy it up with accessories. You can change buttons, add trim, take trim off, add a trendy scarf or jewelry, wear it with trendy pants or skirt, etc.

Well, just stick with a basic style and trendy it up with accessories. You can change buttons, add trim, take trim off, add a trendy scarf or jewelry, wear it with trendy pants or skirt, etc.

Yes, that's what i'd do. Speaking of classics, I have a classic black cardigan that I plan to goth up later this week. I plan to buy silver bones (as in the jolly Rogder flag sans the skull) buttons and sew it to my cardigan when I get my new buttons later this week or next week.
I aslo ordered some coffin beads to use in my bead work later next month.

Yes, that's what i'd do. Speaking of classics, I have a classic black cardigan that I plan to goth up later this week. I plan to buy silver bones (as in the jolly Rogder flag sans the skull) buttons and sew it to my cardigan when I get my new buttons later this week or next week.
I aslo ordered some coffin beads to use in my bead work later next month.

Cool! Make it uniquely yours. I've started adding some beadwork to my knitting. It's really fun.

I can knit, help supplement craft supplies with selling the knitting. I can cook and give awesome hugs. Smiles and waistlines are not profitable, but very enjoyable. lol

You were working on a pair of Fair Isle socks around this time last year, weren't you? I remember it because I love to do socks. They are just fun to knit.:P

Cool! Make it uniquely yours. I've started adding some beadwork to my knitting. It's really fun.

You can even crochet with jewelry and gold/silver wire. I think Vogue did an artilice on an artisan who did just that back in sept.

Haven't been able to knit socks yet. My knitting quality is going downhill fast.

Sign language; learned at church and became an interpreter :) I am currently, working on my zumba hobby to make some xtra$$$ if it's possible. I always had a passion to dance :dance:

I think I have two or three talents. I used to assembled objects putting together. I also used to do jigsaw puzzles years ago when I was not watching T.V. much. I just love putting things together, only problem is that I don't want to work in the factory assembly line. :ugh: Not my thing. Just a hobby. I stopped doing the jigsaw puzzles as I don't have a large room or basement (I have a crawl space). My house is small for my husband and myself. I still kept some of the jigsaw puzzles for future when I find a space for me to do jigsaw puzzles. That would be great. At least I don't have to spend too much time on the computer. :lol:

Also I love to type way too much. I want to work in the office setting like filing, sorting, make copies, stamping, and other things around office. That is my thing.

I also do easy crossword puzzles when I was doing the taxi for people who don't have a car on the reservation (Rez). They usually made me wait for them so I took my crossword puzzles to pass the time while I waited. Not my thing. :roll:

You can even crochet with jewelry and gold/silver wire. I think Vogue did an artilice on an artisan who did just that back in sept.

I've never tried anything like that. I usually sting beads on my yarn, and then pull them down into the stitches to form a design.

I think I have two or three talents. I used to assembled objects putting together. I also used to do jigsaw puzzles years ago when I was not watching T.V. much. I just love putting things together, only problem is that I don't want to work in the factory assembly line. :ugh: Not my thing. Just a hobby. I stopped doing the jigsaw puzzles as I don't have a large room or basement (I have a crawl space). My house is small for my husband and myself. I still kept some of the jigsaw puzzles for future when I find a space for me to do jigsaw puzzles. That would be great. At least I don't have to spend too much time on the computer. :lol:

Also I love to type way too much. I want to work in the office setting like filing, sorting, make copies, stamping, and other things around office. That is my thing.

I also do easy crossword puzzles when I was doing the taxi for people who don't have a car on the reservation (Rez). They usually made me wait for them so I took my crossword puzzles to pass the time while I waited. Not my thing. :roll:

I admire people who can do jigsaw puzzles. I always get frustrated when I can't find the right piece!

Bothers your hands?

Yeah - can't handle the smaller needles. That's a problem I am having with a baby doll jumper. It's on size 6 bamboo needles and I have problems holding them. Between carpal tunnel and then the neuropathy spreading to the right hand and arm. Lots of pain and no fun.

Yeah - can't handle the smaller needles. That's a problem I am having with a baby doll jumper. It's on size 6 bamboo needles and I have problems holding them. Between carpal tunnel and then the neuropathy spreading to the right hand and arm. Lots of pain and no fun.

I can see why you would have trouble with socks, then. I use size 0 or size 1 needles. Tiny!

Have you ever tried pressure gloves when you knit or crochet? I have a pair I use when my hands are bothering me. I prefer not to use them, just because it changes the feel of the tension, but they do help.

Don't they make knitting needles with larger grips? I have a friend with fibromyalgia who uses pliers a lot and has wrapped the grips with layers of stretchy material to make them more comfortable.

I can see why you would have trouble with socks, then. I use size 0 or size 1 needles. Tiny!

Have you ever tried pressure gloves when you knit or crochet? I have a pair I use when my hands are bothering me. I prefer not to use them, just because it changes the feel of the tension, but they do help.

Hadn't tried them. My mother has a pair. Maybe I will get some. She's has suggested it to me, but my hands tend to sweat a lot and I was worried that would create more of an issue.

Don't they make knitting needles with larger grips? I have a friend with fibromyalgia who uses pliers a lot and has wrapped the grips with layers of stretchy material to make them more comfortable.

That wouldn't work with knitting needles. They need to be the same diameter all the way down. There is no area that actually serves as a "grip".

Hadn't tried them. My mother has a pair. Maybe I will get some. She's has suggested it to me, but my hands tend to sweat a lot and I was worried that would create more of an issue.

I dust my hands with a little baby powder or corn starch before putting them on. Helps them go on easier, too.

I've never tried anything like that. I usually sting beads on my yarn, and then pull them down into the stitches to form a design.

Nor have I. I would think that working with yarn would be much easier.

Back