Your Talents?

I play guitar (kinda crappy since i stopped practicing).

Been signing for 5 years. And I LOVE it!! :D

I am exceptionally well with kids. so im going to school to be a teacher.

My talents? There are too many to list... but with extensive experiences are listed below:

Woodworking
Home renovation
Rebuild Engine (or car, mostly British cars)
Physics
Electronic
Chef
computer
Chemistry
Finance (investment) (I am 1%)
Architects
machinist operator
photography
land, sea and air explorations
Books collector, like "Course Instruction for the Deaf and Dumb", by Harvey P. Peet, Published 1849 (yep I have it, 2 part books)

Im very good with tools. You know, put 4-door dresser together,stuff like that.

I thought I go ahead bring out one book...since it's pretty fragile. This book was given by one of my good friend who is historian of underground railroad, abolishing the slavery. This book was believed owned by one of the slave parents who have deaf child and using this book as a guidiance to teach deaf child. Here's the pix below. I'm going to make it large so you can see the details of it.

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 22
I thought I go ahead bring out one book...since it's pretty fragile. This book was given by one of my good friend who is historian of underground railroad, abolishing the slavery. This book was believed owned by one of the slave parents who have deaf child and using this book as a guidiance to teach deaf child. Here's the pix below. I'm going to make it large so you can see the details of it.

That is amazing! How I would love to get my hands on something like that!

Hmmm....I draw with oil and chalk pastels; mostly portraits of family and friends, would love to have time to work on developing skills with watercolor. I knit, and have recently started incorporating beads in my scarves, hats, and sweaters, and I play piano (gave up other instruments years ago.) My neice has just started practicing bells for school band, so I'll probably end up messing with that keyboard just because it is set up in the office and I walk by it all the time.:giggle::giggle:
I don't know that I have a lot of "talent" in any one thing, but have developed skills in several things.

Wow, that's awesome!

I've always been good with Art. Right now one of my hobbies is jewelry making and I'm thinking I will sell stuff on esty in nov but that means I gotta stop hanging out at AD and get to work! I have some beads upstairs to work with today.

I'm thinking of taking up crocheting or knitting or even both. It's cheaper to buy ready made sweaters but you can't have them made to your tastes or in the colors you want and that's why I'm thinking of taking it up.

When I take up a crafting hobby, I always want to make my own patterens or designs. I never want to follow the kit's instructions and sometimes it's enough to kill off my inspirations.

I've always been good with Art. Right now one of my hobbies is jewelry making and I'm thinking I will sell stuff on esty in nov but that means I gotta stop hanging out at AD and get to work! I have some beads upstairs to work with today.

I'm thinking of taking up crocheting or knitting or even both. It's cheaper to buy ready made sweaters but you can't have them made to your tastes or in the colors you want and that's why I'm thinking of taking it up.

When I take up a crafting hobby, I always want to make my own patterens or designs. I never want to follow the kit's instructions and sometimes it's enough to kill off my inspirations.

Right now high collars or necklines are all the rage. I'm very busty so these necklines are quite unflattering to me.

Yeah, as you may heard of Peet Hall in Gallaudet, named after Dr Elizabeth Peet and Isaac Peet is her father and Harvey Peet is her grandfather. It just amazing that I'm holding this book written by Harvey Peet... everytime I visit Gallaudet, when I see that name Peet Hall, wow, she's there and her family generation...

Let you know that you all AD'ers, you are the first to know about the books I have here, I never told anyone about it.

Yeah, as you may heard of Peet Hall in Gallaudet, named after Dr Elizabeth Peet and Isaac Peet is her father and Harvey Peet is her grandfather. It just amazing that I'm holding this book written by Harvey Peet... everytime I visit Gallaudet, when I see that name Peet Hall, wow, she's there and her family generation...

Let you know that you all AD'ers, you are the first to know about the books I have here, I never told anyone about it.

Wow, I feel honored. I'm sure the other AD'ers do too.

Handmade sweaters last forever, too. Just choose a style that isn't too trendy, use good quality yarn, and you can change it's look with scarves and jewelry and such. I have a couple made of fisherman's wool that are at least 15 years old. They still look great.

Thank you for sharing something so precious to you with us.:ty:

Not sure yet.

People thinks I have good research skill.

Although, I must say that I think I have a talent for getting bargains.

Used to have good memory where I'd remember everyone's names when I was in school.

Handmade sweaters last forever, too. Just choose a style that isn't too trendy, use good quality yarn, and you can change it's look with scarves and jewelry and such. I have a couple made of fisherman's wool that are at least 15 years old. They still look great.

mm I tend to be the trendy type...

I can knit, help supplement craft supplies with selling the knitting. I can cook and give awesome hugs. Smiles and waistlines are not profitable, but very enjoyable. lol

Right now high collars or necklines are all the rage. I'm very busty so these necklines are quite unflattering to me.

There is a book called Big Book of Knitting It will walk you through making your own pattern, and has instructions for any kind of neckline you could ever want. Along with sleeve styles, body styles, and finishes. It has been my #1 reference for years. And I am sure it is still on the market. Hang on...I go see who the author is.

It's Katharina Buss. Sterling Publishing Co. It is like an encyclopedia for patterns, different stitiches, different finishing techniques...anything you need to look up.

Back