What did you learn today? Part II

Please excuse my unsolicited advice, but I would suggest seeking legal counseling regarding your personal situation. There are laws available to protect caregivers, and in this case, it's you. You can draw up a contract to assure that you will be given compensation for your care.

My two older half sisters were promised (and they saw the will with their own eyes) that only my oldest sister would get everything from their grandparents because she agreed to devote herself to caring for her grandmother, which she did. She made so many sacrifices that made me cringe. My other other sister had nothing to do with them and hardly spoke to them for years. When their grandparents died, my oldest sister only got a fraction of what was promised. The lawyer told her she should have had a signed agreement of sorts.

No money is ever worth mental and emotional distress and abuse. Your husband needs to put a stop to it, immediately. It's his place as it's his mother. I wish I could give you a hug. :(

you have issues problem situation your family!I sorry hear pretty lots pain suffer!

hard to your situation!

I will try and make the best of it, but thanks everyone.

Some will respect our decision and others will just say that we are wrong, but all in all, we have to do what we can and not push for more. Hubby is going to try and talk to her doctor to see if she is actually totally competent or not. I think she is, but she tends to forget. Her short term memory is also messed up due to medications. Nine different prescription bottles and some are 4 times a day stuff.

yike.... better put everything in writing and get everything legal before she's declared incompetent

Uh oh..should I be worried? My will be 6 this October. :lol:

I have two boys. One just turned 22 in April, the other will be 21 in August. When they were 5 and 6 there was ALWAYS a reason to be worried. LOL Even at 21 and 22 they give me reasons to worry! :lol: They are MALES!!!! :laugh2:

I am very pretty hard figure out lots of issues pretty complication! I try best effort lots of pretty wish be wake up!

I learned that I am old and paranoid.

I have two boys. One just turned 22 in April, the other will be 21 in August. When they were 5 and 6 there was ALWAYS a reason to be worried. LOL Even at 21 and 22 they give me reasons to worry! :lol: They are MALES!!!! :laugh2:

Awww.....I dont want my babies to grow up. My daughter is 14 years old and I dont like it. She is very sweet considering she is at a tough age ..*knock on wood*

paranoid about what?

My daughter and her friend are watching a horror ghost movie and there has been lots of screaming invovled. Each time I hear a scream, I jump in my chair and both girls are laughing. I remember when I was younger, I loved horror movies but now, I am getting freaked out by that one. Making me look around my house at the shadows. Geez!

My daughter and her friend are watching a horror ghost movie and there has been lots of screaming invovled. Each time I hear a scream, I jump in my chair and both girls are laughing. I remember when I was younger, I loved horror movies but now, I am getting freaked out by that one. Making me look around my house at the shadows. Geez!

that's why I don't like watching horror movies :cold:

*lock all doors and windows, recheck it 5x, turn on all outdoor lights, hold shotgun*

what movie are they watching? Please don't say Cujo :Ohno:

KristinaB

I wonder if MIL is just having a rocky period and lashing out. Do you think her decision to pull funding is permanent? It seems arbitrary and puts everyone in a bad position. I hope she will see that what she has done in its true light and change her mind back to funding the new garage conversions especially considering the money already spent on storage and surveying and other expenses.

it is stranger sleep doesn't work I am puzzled it I am surprised!

that's why I don't like watching horror movies :cold:

*lock all doors and windows, recheck it 5x, turn on all outdoor lights, hold shotgun*

what movie are they watching? Please don't say Cujo :Ohno:

I ordered the Cujo DVD and it should arrive on Monday. I love scary movies but this one had so much screaming in it. Panoria Activity elements..was taken from the list of Netflick. I think movies like "The Blair Witch Project", or any other movies where the characters really do screamand nothing happens yet scare me the most.

I couldnt watch "Hostel". That was too horrifying for me.

I ordered the Cujo DVD and it should arrive on Monday. I love scary movies but this one had so much screaming in it. Panoria Activity elements..was taken from the list of Netflick. I think movies like "The Blair Witch Project", or any other movies where the characters really do screamand nothing happens yet scare me the most.

Hostel.... I survived it and it's siiiiccccckkkkkkkk. Because of that - I want to hire a bodyguard if I have a daughter wanting to travel

Wirelessly posted

I learned to eat more fruits and vegetables more healthier.

true! sometimes people scared I am pretty scared! I am pretty almost to panic!!:naughty:

I remember seeing that movie and being disappointed when I saw it.

New info from MIL.

Seems she was never willing to go through this anyway. She just wanted to see how much we wanted it. Hubby is very upset and angry. He and the Pastor talked this morning about it all. They sat down with MIL. She is willing to get everything from that conversation in writing and get it notarized. She is not aware that Pastor videotaped it as insurance. She has a CD coming available in December. She will allow hubby to have that. We are looking into moving to Central FL where I grew up. She is upset, but understands. We will not lose any inheritance. She may sell the house, but most likely not. It all depends on if she needs the money from it for nursing home care. She does not want any home care at all. When she gets to where she cannot care for herself with a little help, then she will go into a nursing home as her wish. We will get whatever is left after her death.

Hubby has applied online to 4 places and we have checked the online newspapers for the area we want to go to. There is also housing that we could afford. We would use the money from her for moving and down payments and then she will send more when it becomes available. Hubby will drive down to see her once a month and we will all go down at holidays or something. She knows she was taking advantage of me and my help and admits that that is the way she is.

I feel like saying: "Tune in tomorrow for the next adventures of As The Stomach Churns"

New info from MIL.

Seems she was never willing to go through this anyway. She just wanted to see how much we wanted it. Hubby is very upset and angry. He and the Pastor talked this morning about it all. They sat down with MIL. She is willing to get everything from that conversation in writing and get it notarized. She is not aware that Pastor videotaped it as insurance. She has a CD coming available in December. She will allow hubby to have that. We are looking into moving to Central FL where I grew up. She is upset, but understands. We will not lose any inheritance. She may sell the house, but most likely not. It all depends on if she needs the money from it for nursing home care. She does not want any home care at all. When she gets to where she cannot care for herself with a little help, then she will go into a nursing home as her wish. We will get whatever is left after her death.

Hubby has applied online to 4 places and we have checked the online newspapers for the area we want to go to. There is also housing that we could afford. We would use the money from her for moving and down payments and then she will send more when it becomes available. Hubby will drive down to see her once a month and we will all go down at holidays or something. She knows she was taking advantage of me and my help and admits that that is the way she is.

I feel like saying: "Tune in tomorrow for the next adventures of As The Stomach Churns"

Wow! That is great news! Good luck with everything!!!

Back