What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I lost my brother today. He was a huge, gentle, quiet, old retired biker.His nickname was Bear. His girlfriend took him to dinner and he had a stroke a few days ago. He passed gently on today. Ride on Bro. He will be greatly missed.

I posted some pics on FB tonight and a friend posted that he looked like Dumbledore. I wish he could have seen that. He would have loved it.

I am terribly sorry that your brother passed away. It is so hard for you without him, but he will watch over you as an angel. I bet that he had many good memories with you for so long.

I just found out about your brother, LDNanna. I am so sorry to learn this. :hug:

Well - in trying to stay hydrated and not overtax myself weather wise, I prepared ahead of time. We unpacked a box of those neck cooling wraps. It's like a bandanna that has these gels packs that hold water in them. You soak the band in a sink of ice water and it will last a few hours depending on the outside temperature. When we went to the 2 libraries, I had 3 of those wraps in a cooler with ice water in bags. Used them along with my 64 ounce mug of ice water. Did my 2 libraries and a run to the dollar store. Then came home, fixed lunch, read for a little while and rested, then loaded back up to take MIL to the chiropractor and to IHOP for her dinner. I did not use the wraps for that run, but kind of wish I did. I did, however, have my mug of fresh cold water. Now I am back here and will be scanning more documents in for the mortgage lender.
I've used the wraps once. Sometimes I use just a bandana - run cold water on it, wring it out, then roll it up and tie around my neck. Of course, this works when you're near cold running water (faucet).
Starting Monday I will be "working" at an open-air theater every evening for the week and just about every evening the following two weeks. And, of course, it will be hot & humid most of next week. Will be using the bandanas for sure.

Sadly, I lost my brother today. He was a huge, gentle, quiet, old retired biker.His nickname was Bear. His girlfriend took him to dinner and he had a stroke a few days ago. He passed gently on today. Ride on Bro. He will be greatly missed.

I posted some pics on FB tonight and a friend posted that he looked like Dumbledore. I wish he could have seen that. He would have loved it.
:hug:

LDNanna, so sorry to hear about your brother.

Today, I had a very relaxing day with reading quietly. Hubby came home early, so we went to the surveyor's to get final surveys, then off to the Town Hall and then back home. Hope to have a quiet evening here at home.

I've been resting, zzzzz and keeping warm, plus watching movies on tv, because I'm sick with a chest infection. :(

After a bout with the flu, sinus infection for 2 weeks, now it's my chest....Unbelievable as to how much mucus and fluid we have in our bodies!.

What meds are you taking (over the counter) and does it help much?

My heaart breaks for you..

I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. Your words paint a picture of a sweet, gentle giant. I have a brother as well and I know that bond, and being someone who rode most of my life, I say you are a wonderful sister, and person and have said what I bet he would have wanted to hear "Ride On Bro"...I wish you memories of happy times with him. Peace to you, my deepest sympathy's to you and your family and all who will miss him. Don't think he is not watching, smile, his spirit is free now, happy !!
I join with you in your wish for him...Ride On...smile..Midnight..♥♥♥

LDNanna...iam sorry about your brother. Hugs!

Went to happy hour with my coworkers after work, primed the bathroom walls and now hubb and I are off to mt friend's to pick up her vanity with sink and mirrors that I am buying from her.

I'm sorry about your brother. :hug:

I am glad of their really hope be advise, I am happy i am pretty told THL I was very happy i am very wonderful they help communication! I am glad of myself good mood and sound happy pleasure!

not today but Tuesday I went to the Atlanta Aquarium, and the zoo. Then Wednesday I went to Rock City, Ruby Falls, and road the Incline in Chattanooga

Only aquarium in the world with a whale shark, and they now have 4
IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

I took Marty to the vet today for a checkup for his bronchitic and the vet said he is getting better! We may be able to cut back on Marty's meds next week!

After a bout with the flu, sinus infection for 2 weeks, now it's my chest....Unbelievable as to how much mucus and fluid we have in our bodies!.

What meds are you taking (over the counter) and does it help much?

Before I was taking strepsils for sore throat and panadol 500mg and also vitamin C. (that when I had sore throat and colds/headaches since Friday for headaches, colds and sore throat happened on Sunday)

Right now I'm on antibiotics amoxycillin 500mg prescription (started it on Wednesday evening). As I have asthma, I have to take extra puff of preventer inhaler, so I did get extra reliever inhaler from drug store just incase if asthma becomes out of control and have a spare reliever inhaler if one did ran out.

It is going to be a longer battle... as I'm still having chest coughing thick mucus, sometimes blocked and running nose and sore throat, chills and most of all I have no appetite on foods as I haven't ate any thing for 5 days so I'm living on drinking orange juice, sprite and water.

My doctor gave me other tips:

* Gargling salt water 3 times a day.
* use vicks rub... add it to hot water in bowl and put towel over your head and breath in slowly and out for 10 minutes, 3 times a day.

I did a kickboxing private training with my favorite coach :D

Today I took a day off of work to grieve a bit, but the happy memories of my brother kept making me smile. I was in my old house dress and was just clunking about. I decided to make a special dinner for my supportive husband so I changed clothes and went to the store. After a nice supper together I found that I was sad again. So I decided to get online and visit with you all here at AD. The kind words and hugs that I read, the special thoughts from you all are making me smile again. My real life friends are so nice, but you all are really great. Thank you all very much for your support and the virtual shoulders not only in this time, but always.

Catching up in here - my condolences on the loss of your brother. What a gift you have had to share what sounds like a wonderful friendship with him. I'm sorry for your loss, and happy for you that your memories of him are making you smile.

I learn it patient because cold on fan, he forget on ac, I can't key AC :lol:

I watched the first 48.

Nothing but good stuff. I cant be the only one watches that show on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back