What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice job on your picnic table. that should be a good tip for shel to consider for her porch floor

That is the shiny coat I want for my front porch so I will go to Lowe's on Wed when I buy the paint for the living room to buy the stuff as well.

We just finished spackled, sanded and taped the walls int he living room. Ready to prime tmw and then get painted cheesecake brown on Wed.

I am the kind of person who loves to learn and take on new challenges. I am so willingto do the kinds of projects you have been doing.

My brother's girlfriend knows how to all of the things you can do plus more. She has been remodeling her new home..she just put in new plywood floors in the whole second floor all by herself. Damn! :lol:

damn. I don't even want to know how many square feet was that!

damn. I don't even want to know how many square feet was that!

She bought a split level home so it is not like my house that you saw with 3 levels.

The bottom level, no plywood but the top level, yes so i would guess about 1,000 square feet or less for the top level. that was all the plywood she did.

I am the kind of person who loves to learn and take on new challenges. I am so willingto do the kinds of projects you have been doing.

My brother's girlfriend knows how to all of the things you can do plus more. She has been remodeling her new home..she just put in new plywood floors in the whole second floor all by herself. Damn! :lol:

I will make how to instructional videos specifically for you in mind ;) Just give me a couple of days.

I will be building a 2 floor 2 car garage/workspace in the next year or two. I will be building it from scratch out of oak trees into a log cabin design. I have my chainsaw mill ready to go, and I found someone who has a bandsaw mill - all I gotta do is get the trees. I like working on antique motorcycles and the above will be made into an apartment with a specific friend of mine in mind. He has multiple handicaps and is deaf. When his parents get too old - he can move in and have his own privacy. (Maybe even help me tinker on the bikes too).

She bought a split level home so it is not like my house that you saw with 3 levels.

The bottom level, no plywood but the top level, yes so i would guess about 1,000 square feet or less for the top level. that was all the plywood she did.

oh my... that's quite a work for 1,000 square feet

oh my... that's quite a work for 1,000 square feet

You know..I could be wrong because I failed at Geomentry and aced in Alegebra as a kid. Maybe 500 square feet? I will invite TheWriteAlex to her house and maybe he can make a better assessment than I will. :giggle:

I

I will make how to instructional videos specifically for you in mind ;) Just give me a couple of days.

I will be building a 2 floor 2 car garage/workspace in the next year or two. I will be building it from scratch out of oak trees into a log cabin design. I have my chainsaw mill ready to go, and I found someone who has a bandsaw mill - all I gotta do is get the trees. I like working on antique motorcycles and the above will be made into an apartment with a specific friend of mine in mind. He has multiple handicaps and is deaf. When his parents get too old - he can move in and have his own privacy. (Maybe even help me tinker on the bikes too).

Oh wow..thanks! I really want to learn how to do tiling. That's my ultimate goal.

Also, I would like to learn to make my basement a finished basement so if you make a video of how to make living quarters, i can surprise my hubby by making the basement his man cave. :lol:

*That's his dream, actually*

You know..I could be wrong because I failed at Geomentry and aced in Alegebra as a kid. Maybe 500 square feet? I will invite TheWriteAlex to her house and maybe he can make a better assessment than I will. :giggle:

lol - let's put it this way.... is it like your living room? or your son's bedroom? or your son's bedroom x 2?

Oh wow..thanks! I really want to learn how to do tiling. That's my ultimate goal.

Also, I would like to learn to make my basement a finished basement so if you make a video of how to make living quarters, i can surprise my hubby by making the basement his man cave. :lol:

*That's his dream, actually*

You will need to get one of these for the tile:

MK-370 7" Compact Wet Cutting Tile Saw (1-1/4 HP) - Superior quality diamond tools at a competitive prices. - Gilatools

or - if you want to get real fancy, look up "decorative concrete"

even stain the concrete floor

http://www.stainedbydesign.com/

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bx4gXJ4jkE&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

better off renting it or just buy tiles and then tile it yourself if he's not gonna use it again after renovating basement.

but dang - me wantie!

Had my eyes tested. Ordered a new pair of glasses.

Afterward, went to travel agent and paid for accommodations.

Then went to work.

Very slow morning. Virtually went ti Jiro's to clean and what do you know, he wasn't there. But it's clean. Now to fly home for a day of rest then off the PFH's on Thursday. Now, for reality, have been reading a book, mother found a little money in a back pocket and we went to the farmer's market and bought oranges, tomatoes and lettuce for $2.77. Came home and read some more outside until the humidity was too much. Now that daughter finally finished breakfast, I can fix lunch.

Very slow morning. Virtually went ti Jiro's to clean and what do you know, he wasn't there. But it's clean. Now to fly home for a day of rest then off the PFH's on Thursday. Now, for reality, have been reading a book, mother found a little money in a back pocket and we went to the farmer's market and bought oranges, tomatoes and lettuce for $2.77. Came home and read some more outside until the humidity was too much. Now that daughter finally finished breakfast, I can fix lunch.

Only $2.77? Wish the farmer's markets around here were that cheap!

Just sitting on my couch listening to my blind piano tuner tune my piano right now.

Whoo hoo! He's done. Only this time it was for $100 bucks this time. Well worth it. Plays beautifully now.

Primed the living room walls. Will need to do it again tmw due to needing another coat.

off topic it very complaint my ex gf said told, I don't think so my friends wisdom is good smart my friends I think so pretty serious! I am very rid ex gf already! I don't care my ex gf is very not trust I ignored it!

Primed the living room walls. Will need to do it again tmw due to needing another coat.

What kind of primer are you using?

The following are just suggestions. I use a 2 to a 2 1/2 inch tapered zibra all purpose brush to cut in the corners. I use Purdy brand roller covers, but when they are brand new, I squeeze all the fluff out of them before applying paint. I use a paint screen and 5 gallon bucket when I roll the paint on the walls. Keep the roller "loaded" and don't apply - or squeeze - the paint off of it. Every time you apply paint, go back over the area you applied when the roller is dry to even out the paint - do it very lightly.

the pictures of the zibra paint brushes are not showing how to hold the brush properly:

http://www.enjoyzibra.com/glide/index.html

This thursday I will make a video of how to hold a brush properly as well as "load" the brush and cut in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back