What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: broken on flush my client yell who are ,I said no I didn't broken another my client :lol: he fix on toilet! :giggle:

yep. heat gun. it's godsend. I still have it. It's probably over 15 years old. My dad and I used it on our home project to strip off old paints from walls. sanding it off is bad idea cuz the surface will be uneven and you will breathe in these stuff

Heat Gun + Scrapper = :thumb:

You might want to wear mask cuz you don't wanna breathe in dust or whatever.

Ok thanks for the info! I will work on the front porch colums maybe in the Fall since I already got my projects planned out for the summer. Today is the red part of the front porch and then I am done. Tmw, will start washing, stripping, and taping up the living room walls to get them ready for painting. My butt and leg muscles are still burning from painting the fence.

Ok thanks for the info! I will work on the front porch colums maybe in the Fall since I already got my projects planned out for the summer. Today is the red part of the front porch and then I am done. Tmw, will start washing, stripping, and taping up the living room walls to get them ready for painting. My butt and leg muscles are still burning from painting the fence.

awesome day today as redicted. nice and sunny but I hope it's not disgustingly humid down there! :ugh2:

Planted some peanuts in the Garden, and planted some sunflower seeds along the edges of the garden this morning.

awesome day today as redicted. nice and sunny but I hope it's not disgustingly humid down there! :ugh2:

Was supposed to be sunny and dry but it is cloudy and a little bit humid. Not too hot.

All done with the front porch...my knees are killing me. I should have gotten knee pads...of course, I am a rookie at all of this so I am learning as I make my way. Soon will mow the front yard and clean up outside a bit. Then, take a shower and relax for the rest of the day.

I learn it pretty calm lots of pretty relax! I study it lots of pretty hard! I learn it figure out complication!

Today's project...that was the hardest of all!

Attachments

• Before pics of front porch steps.jpg
    Before pics of front porch steps.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 8
  • comparision of front porch steps.jpg
    comparision of front porch steps.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 9
  • front porch floor.jpg
    front porch floor.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 9
  • front porch floor all done!.jpg
    front porch floor all done!.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 8
  • front porch steps all done!.jpg
    front porch steps all done!.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 9
Had an awesome time and deaf church ans short social this morning. Came home, son fixed lunch for me and then I applied for 4 jobs for hubby online and took daughter just to look around Babies R Us and am now back here. Will fix dinner soon.

Had an awesome time and deaf church ans short social this morning. Came home, son fixed lunch for me and then I applied for 4 jobs for hubby online and took daughter just to look around Babies R Us and am now back here. Will fix dinner soon.

Good luck !! Glad you enjoyed church, too :)

As for me, I spent the entire day cleaning house! Deep spring (yes, I know, LATE :lol: ) cleaning. But boy does it feel CLEAN! :)

All done with the front porch...my knees are killing me. I should have gotten knee pads...of course, I am a rookie at all of this so I am learning as I make my way. Soon will mow the front yard and clean up outside a bit. Then, take a shower and relax for the rest of the day.

maybe you can use your old knee pads from v-ball??? or use your kid's rollerblade kneepads.

or... use some old rags as cushion :)

Ok I will look into buying one because the paint on the front porch colums is so bad with old mold stains and cracks. I tried to sand it off but too hard.

Spray bleach on it.

I wish I had been paying attention to this thread. Is that stain your using or paint? Latex or oil based?

(PS - house painting was the very first skill I learned - my dad started teaching me when I was 11 - I don't need masking tape)

079.jpg

That is an after photo of cutting in the trim without using a drop cloth or masking tape. Yes, a drop or two dripped, but "goof off" gets it out.

Played on the piano for about 5 or 6 hours my ragtime pieces. Just got off of the piano about about an hour ago. Bed time for me.

:hmm:

I should make some "how to" instructional videos for house painting in ASL. Then ... I can do framing, flooring, masonry, roofing, tile, trim carpenty, cabinetry, siding, window replacement, plumbing .... farming :giggle:

drop ceilings, laying carpet, hardwood floors, building decks, gazebos ....

I should make some "how to" instructional videos for house painting in ASL. Then ... I can do framing, flooring, masonry, roofing, tile, trim carpenty, cabinetry, siding, window replacement, plumbing .... farming :giggle:

drop ceilings, laying carpet, hardwood floors, building decks, gazebos ....

It would be a good thing. I really like cooking instruction via ASL videos. I am sure plenty of people would be interested in home maintenance videos also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back