What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
here, it is rain - much, much rain....yard is still wet.
waited for painting guy and he had a problem at another job site and didn't make it.
investigated about radon mitigation - house we are trying to buy has radon issue:(

getting ready to take dogs out and try to pick up outside before I leave to pick up my mom and go to services.

here, it is rain - much, much rain....yard is still wet.
waited for painting guy and he had a problem at another job site and didn't make it.
investigated about radon mitigation - house we are trying to buy has radon issue:(

getting ready to take dogs out and try to pick up outside before I leave to pick up my mom and go to services.

you have problem house wet inside your house

still problem issues your house?

I think I just saw one of the biggest snapping turtles. This was an amazing creature. My dog wouldn't even have any part with it. sat behind me while i was observing it.

It was not mad and I actually petted it, with mucho caution.

I have to go back and take pictures. It was huge.

My sandals for my size 14 feet both on the top of the shell were much smaller than the shell itself.

:shock:

more unpacking. cleaning. organizing. shopping. :dizzy:

and a skin biopsy this morning. will know the result in couple weeks.

I think I just saw one of the biggest snapping turtles. This was an amazing creature. My dog wouldn't even have any part with it. sat behind me while i was observing it.

It was not mad and I actually petted it, with mucho caution.

I have to go back and take pictures. It was huge.

My sandals for my size 14 feet both on the top of the shell were much smaller than the shell itself.

:shock:

On the head?

Reminds me of the big snapping turtle trying to cross my street. I went in the garage and picked up gloves and brought it back over to the water. Kept trying to snap at me but didn't get me. He was not happy!

Reminds me of the big snapping turtle trying to cross my street. I went in the garage and picked up gloves and brought it back over to the water. Kept trying to snap at me but didn't get me. He was not happy!

That was nice of you. Call me weird, but every time I see a turtle on the road, I must pull over and put it a safe distance away. :lol:

That was nice of you. Call me weird, but every time I see a turtle on the road, I must pull over and put it a safe distance away. :lol:

Not weird at all. They move so slow that I must help them. Otherwise they'll just get run over.

I had a friend look at my back and he said it is obviously a brown recluse bite. Damn. I don't feel like going to the ER but I suppose I will need to soon. This is the first time for me. :(

Hope it will heals when you go to ER. feel better soon.

Not weird at all. They move so slow that I must help them. Otherwise they'll just get run over.

I wish people would slow down when they see carrion birds, buzzards, eagles, hawks or whatever on the road. Because of their weight and size, they are not quick to fly from their spot, and it breaks my heart to see so many dead birds along highways and roads.

Before and after pics of front porch steps

wow! That's a LOT of work. I once had a job peeling paint off 16 inch high baseboard moldings in someone's house that was built during the Victorian era, that was a long hard and very unenjoyable job, of just heating paint, then scraping it off, using toxic paint remover and then sanding off the remnants of paint so now I have true appreciation for how laborious and arduous this kind of work can be. Good job Shel90!

wow! That's a LOT of work. I once had a job peeling paint off 16 inch high baseboard moldings in someone's house that was built during the Victorian era, that was a long hard and very unenjoyable job, of just heating paint, then scraping it off, using toxic paint remover and then sanding off the remnants of paint so now I have true appreciation for how laborious and arduous this kind of work can be. Good job Shel90!

Thanks. What you just desribed is what I need to do in some areas of the front piorch. How do you heat up paint?

it is dry on my mouth I think so not enough seems pretty lots of complication!

so slow indeed.... :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyUmGHdK9e8]YouTube - ‪Florida Soft Shell Turtle‬‏[/ame]

With a heat gun. It looks like a hair dryer.

Ok I will look into buying one because the paint on the front porch colums is so bad with old mold stains and cracks. I tried to sand it off but too hard.

Ok I will look into buying one because the paint on the front porch colums is so bad with old mold stains and cracks. I tried to sand it off but too hard.

yep. heat gun. it's godsend. I still have it. It's probably over 15 years old. My dad and I used it on our home project to strip off old paints from walls. sanding it off is bad idea cuz the surface will be uneven and you will breathe in these stuff

Heat Gun + Scrapper = :thumb:

You might want to wear mask cuz you don't wanna breathe in dust or whatever.

Well - had one h3ll of a crappy morning, but doing better now. Took hubby to Home Depot to look about some kind of (this is in his words) chain-saw thingy that is on a long pole that will cut the loose flowing side branches off the Australian Pine tree. Did not understand him at all and did not find a willing employee to ask. Came home even more disappointed, but then mother & I had to buy groceries. I only had $60 to spend for 5 people for 1 whole week. Not easy, but we will make it. Just can't do laundry as we have no detergent now. Bummer. Anyways, I also took MIL to the hairdresser and it was a 4 hour visit. she got her hair colored as well. Came home and MIL ordered pizza, so I ate it and already I feel crappy. Gonna be a long night. At least my mood is a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back