What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I dare to step my toe in on the house design question - how will you be constructing the flat roof? Some of the Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired homes in Michigan have them, and they are known for leaking. My sister's home has a flat roof, and that bloody thing has leaked since they day they bought it, 30 years ago. At one point it leaked so badly it destroyed their living room wall. They keep fixing and re-fixing and thinking finally, it will be right - and then it isn't. I can't tell you how much money they have poured into that thing.

New construction I would hope would be better (their house was built in the early 1960's), but just saying - be very, very careful about that.

If I dare to step my toe in on the house design question - how will you be constructing the flat roof? Some of the Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired homes in Michigan have them, and they are known for leaking. My sister's home has a flat roof, and that bloody thing has leaked since they day they bought it, 30 years ago. At one point it leaked so badly it destroyed their living room wall. They keep fixing and re-fixing and thinking finally, it will be right - and then it isn't. I can't tell you how much money they have poured into that thing.

New construction I would hope would be better (their house was built in the early 1960's), but just saying - be very, very careful about that.

This garage has had a flat roof since it was built 38 years ago. It has been replaced once, but that was 20 years ago. It went through the hurricanes that came through Florida a few years back and had one minor leak that was patched. We have had 5 different roofing contractor and 3 inspectors look at it and all have agreed that it is solid, no leaks, no damage and properly done for the proper drainage.

That's good to hear. No doubt Florida weather, even with hurricanes, is not quite as hard on a flat roof as accumulating several feet of snow over the winter!

You're not converting the garage into your house, though, are you? I got the impression you were starting from scratch for your house.

That's good to hear. No doubt Florida weather, even with hurricanes, is not quite as hard on a flat roof as accumulating several feet of snow over the winter!

You're not converting the garage into your house, though, are you? I got the impression you were starting from scratch for your house.

No we are converting the garage. It is 1344 square feet and MIL no longer uses it except for her Christmas lawn decorations. When FIL was alive and healthy, it had 5 boats in it and he and hubby went fishing every weekend. Boats were sold and hubby has cleaned out all of FIL's junk and sold a lot of the other stuff in 4 yard sales. Right now, we have an engine hoist waiting for a buyer. MIL will still have her 3 BR 2 BA home with attached 2 car carport. We will be right next door in a 4 BR 2 BA garage conversion.

I did absolutely nothing today :) but I'm about to quit procrastinating at start some cleaning

Landed in Baltimore at 845. Got home and the house was a mess. Cleaned it up and put away my luggage and stuff from AZ. Went outside to get something only to discover that nobody watered my flowers so I had to water alllll of them plus the plants inside the house. That took about 45 mins alone. Now, it is after 11 PM and I am just relaxing with wine before I got to bed and get ready for work tmw.

Men! LOL!

No we are converting the garage. It is 1344 square feet and MIL no longer uses it except for her Christmas lawn decorations. When FIL was alive and healthy, it had 5 boats in it and he and hubby went fishing every weekend. Boats were sold and hubby has cleaned out all of FIL's junk and sold a lot of the other stuff in 4 yard sales. Right now, we have an engine hoist waiting for a buyer. MIL will still have her 3 BR 2 BA home with attached 2 car carport. We will be right next door in a 4 BR 2 BA garage conversion.

I just caught up in the "I've been thinking about..." thread and realized you were converting the garage. That will save a ton of money on construction!

Good luck with it. We renovated two bathrooms and our basement over this past winter. So glad we did it, expensive though it was. My favorite features: underfloor heating in the master bath - SO nice for cold tootsies in the winter. And a "dog spa" (Jentle Pet bathtub for dogs) in the basement laundry room. Makes grooming the little munchkins so much easier, and cheaper if I can do it twice to every once we take them to the pro.

I'm praying for you Kristina, I hope you are able to get things sorted to where you know what you can plan for and what to throw out completely as options for housing. :hug:

Today I worked, set up the pool for my DD, had a cookout with just my parents, DD, and myself, did a bit of reading, did the nightly routine for DD and now I'm posting and reading here on AD.com.

that is correct, they teach me lots of experience manage how emotion and health
good experiment on help encourage to development to more experience hard work I effort to study 50 pages serious I am willing study homework anxiety worth advise, add extras on tutorial!

Good for you, Travis! That hard work you do will pay off in the long run. You will just keep feeling better and better about yourself.

After dinner, we were going to play a game, but MIL really ticked me off, so I spent 2 hours completing Soduko puzzles. Still trying to calm down. Thinking I will sleep in my car outside just to get away.

Way to use those coping skills, girl!:h5:

Pissed off union picketers by transferring meds to CVS.... And the day is young. :)

good thing you didn't good google the other CBT. :shock:

counsellor smart experiment to teach me how easy improve issues encourage hard work! I already course improve issues lots of best issues hard work I am very effort to positive and add extras deaf tutorial help me teach! Good point!

counsellor smart experiment to teach me how easy improve issues encourage hard work! I already course improve issues lots of best issues hard work I am very effort to positive and add extras deaf tutorial help me teach! Good point!

You keep doing what you need to do to help yourself, Travis. You are doing a good job, and are working hard. Pay no attention to people that try to make a joke at your expense. Just stay focused on your health.

Been "deep cleaning" the boys bedrooms....jeez....Instead of once-a-week....gonna do it 2-3 times a week...unbelievable the stuff I find. They do make their beds and keep the floor "clutter-free" tho', and I give them credit for that....gonna be in there for awhile!

Been "deep cleaning" the boys bedrooms....jeez....Instead of once-a-week....gonna do it 2-3 times a week...unbelievable the stuff I find. They do make their beds and keep the floor "clutter-free" tho', and I give them credit for that....gonna be in there for awhile!

For my son, at that age, keeping the floor clutter free meant kicking everything under the bed.:lol:

For my son, at that age, keeping the floor clutter free meant kicking everything under the bed.:lol:

HAHA!...When they were younger, they did the same thing...or sticking it back into the closets....now at soon to be 15 and 17 and 20....don't work for me...They do a good job of keeping their rooms disaster-free, most times, tho'. It's a lot less work on me, since I'm not in my 30's or 40's anymore.

School will be out soon, tho' (next week)....so around-and-around we will go...

HAHA!...When they were younger, they did the same thing...or sticking it back into the closets....now at soon to be 15 and 17 and 20....don't work for me...They do a good job of keeping their rooms disaster-free, most times, tho'. It's a lot less work on me, since I'm not in my 30's or 40's anymore.

School will be out soon, tho' (next week)....so around-and-around we will go...

Yep, it gets better as they get older. My son is 25 and he finally learned to pick up after himself...and sometimes to even load the dishwasher!:giggle:

Working on flower and Vegetable gardens! Now I am lunchtime! :D

You keep doing what you need to do to help yourself, Travis. You are doing a good job, and are working hard. Pay no attention to people that try to make a joke at your expense. Just stay focused on your health.
of course I am strong my focus on my heart handle positive strength faitfhfull

you are correct I believe you are right i focus on my health worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back