What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I encountered something today I have not seen for some time. A deaf peddler. He approached me and my 10 year old neice with card in hand, and I started a convo in ASL. He got this strange look on his face and asked if I was deaf. I said no, my son was deaf. He then pointed at my neice, and she signed "no.":giggle: He had this really confused look on his face. I offered him my card instead, and told him to contact me on Tues., and we would work on finding him a job. He just walked away shaking his head like, "Dang, I didn't expect that!"

Think he will contact you?

No doubt you were serious. However if I were a betting man, I would bet that he wouldn't show up.

Well, let's just say I'm not going to hold my breath.

The reason I started signing immediately, though, was to find out if he was even deaf. Had he not passed the test, I would have informed the closest policeman that there was a hearing man pretending to be deaf to panhandle from the crowd.

Opps this post was meant for another thread.

Last edited:
Had a super busy day! My mom and I went to pick my daughter up from my *&^*$ ex hubby's house. I refused to go up to the door because I am still not ready to face them after the hell he and his girlfriend put me through last year but as soon as my daughter walked out, I got out of the car and ran to her to give her a bigggggg hug. We met with my grandmother and aunt for lunch. Then, we returned to my mom's house and helped her with moving some furniture. Then, we went shopping, to the movies, and then more shopping. The weather was just just just just the best here! My hubby told me that it is hot as hell over there in MD. Oh, my hubby and TheWriteAlex are hanging out right now at my house. They sent me pics of them goofing off. LOL!

Had a super busy day! My mom and I went to pick my daughter up from my *&^*$ ex hubby's house. I refused to go up to the door because I am still not ready to face them after the hell he and his girlfriend put me through last year but as soon as my daughter walked out, I got out of the car and ran to her to give her a bigggggg hug. We met with my grandmother and aunt for lunch. Then, we returned to my mom's house and helped her with moving some furniture. Then, we went shopping, to the movies, and then more shopping. The weather was just just just just the best here! My hubby told me that it is hot as hell over there in MD. Oh, my hubby and TheWriteAlex are hanging out right now at my house. They sent me pics of them goofing off. LOL!

I'm glad you and your daughter are together again.

Today I got to meet my new great nephew today. He's now 7 weeks old.
A quite heavy little bugger! Very alert, too.

I wonder if he's going to be a prodigy....:hmm:

Yay!! Poor your hubby!! He has to deal with AZ weather!! :giggle:

Today I got to meet my new great nephew today. He's now 7 weeks old.
A quite heavy little bugger! Very alert, too.

I wonder if he's going to be a prodigy....:hmm:

I'm sure he will be a prodigy in your eyes, great auntie. And that is as it should be!

Alright, I'll give it a whirl. :P

Woke up at 7:30AM (yes, on a SUNDAY), and picked up a couple coworkers. Went to work this morning for [re-]training. I came home, ate the other half of my Subway sandwich, and now I will spend the rest of the day writing essays and making PowerPoints. :(

I went to Burger King and the gas station. Our normal Sunday outing. Burger King had 69 cent hamburgers for Memorial Day.

I had lunch for less that $2! :)

I went to Burger King and the gas station. Our normal Sunday outing. Burger King had 69 cent hamburgers for Memorial Day.

I had lunch for less that $2! :)

Cool! I have a Burger King 2 blocks away, and nephew and great neice are gone overnight. No cooking for Jillio!

Cool! I have a Burger King 2 blocks away, and nephew and great neice are gone overnight. No cooking for Jillio!

No cooking is great, sometimes! :)

Going to that cookout in just a bit. I'm bringing lavosh with homemade dip. Lavosh is a middle-eastern type of cracker. Some find it plain, but others like it ...

No cooking is great, sometimes! :)

Going to that cookout in just a bit. I'm bringing lavosh with homemade dip. Lavosh is a middle-eastern type of cracker. Some find it plain, but others like it ...

Our cook out is slated for tomorrow.

Is lavosh similar to a toasted pita? I'm not familiar with it at all.

Bottesini: You should have more "thrifty banquets" at Burger King. Kingsize Hamburgers for $0.69 each. Smile-no Memorial day here in Canada nor $0.69 Kingsize Hamburgers either.

Hope you were able spend a quiet afternoon in your Rocking chair with 2 hot pots of EarlGrey tea and your herd of hounds sleeping well.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Our cook out is slated for tomorrow.

Is lavosh similar to a toasted pita? I'm not familiar with it at all.

You're not that far off at all, perhaps just lighter than a pita.

The kind I am bringing is loaded with sesame and other seasonings. (I bought it that way.)

I would liken it to a wafer-type cracker, especially when it doesn't have seasonings. It is very, very thin. You can eat it with dip, melted (or not) cheese, etc.

Bottesini: You should have more "thrifty banquets" at Burger King. Kingsize Hamburgers for $0.69 each. Smile-no Memorial day here in Canada nor $0.69 Kingsize Hamburgers either.

Hope you were able spend a quiet afternoon in your Rocking chair with 2 hot pots of EarlGrey tea and your herd of hounds sleeping well.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Hello drphil. I am definitely relaxing here with a cold caught from my granddaughters. Due to fever, the dogs cluster around me on the sofa.

They say, "she's warm!". So I am very popular.

And drinking a Throwback Pepsi from the gas station. It has real sugar so not as bad for you as the normal modern Pepsi.

Best wishes to Prof SKY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back