What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far just surfing the net while still in bed.

Slept in. About to go to the nursery and look for some new perennials.

Actually had a pretty good discussion going about mainstream deaf ed...for awhile, anyway.

Got antibiotics for my sinus infection. :party: And a couple of bottles of Mexican Pepsi while we were at Walgreens pharmacy.

Well - I have had a nothing doing day. Cleaned a grill, swept out the utility room, drove to look at storage sheds, drove to 2 different places to cash a check for MIL since she wrote it after the bank closed. The check is too big for the stores to cash, so we get no food or gas for the weekend. she could write a check for our groceries, but she would have to be there and she is still having problems walking and the motorized carts at most of our local stores are all broken. Vandals go to them.

Well - I have had a nothing doing day. Cleaned a grill, swept out the utility room, drove to look at storage sheds, drove to 2 different places to cash a check for MIL since she wrote it after the bank closed. The check is too big for the stores to cash, so we get no food or gas for the weekend. she could write a check for our groceries, but she would have to be there and she is still having problems walking and the motorized carts at most of our local stores are all broken. Vandals go to them.

Can your husband put her in your rollator and push her?

Kristina, I think that you have to buy appliance packages online. Check out the website.

For anyone who's interested, Sams is offering a summer membership of 10 weeks for $10. I'm going to check it out.

I am leaving in about 10 minutes to take my neice to the Feast of the Flowering Moon...annual Native American celebration. Nothing like a little multiculturalism for the kiddo!

I am leaving in about 10 minutes to take my neice to the Feast of the Flowering Moon...annual Native American celebration. Nothing like a little multiculturalism for the kiddo!

I think I need to brush up on this stuff. I thought this was a Chinese festival.

Can your husband put her in your rollator and push her?

She weighs too much for it. It has a 250lb limit and she's up to 290 right now. She is going to see if her church will cash a check tomorrow morning. We have oatmeal for breakfast (just enough) and daughter won't be happy, but a neighbor brought over a bag for 15 bean soup. I have 2 gallons of turkey broth in the deep freeze, so there's soup and we are expecting MIL's friend over who always brings conch fritter batter and Bahamian rice. The same neighbor with the 15 bean soup also brought some mac & cheese for daughter since she does not like the conch or Bahamian rice. I think we will be okay and neighbors are trying to help since we do so much for them.

She weighs too much for it. It has a 250lb limit and she's up to 290 right now. She is going to see if her church will cash a check tomorrow morning. We have oatmeal for breakfast (just enough) and daughter won't be happy, but a neighbor brought over a bag for 15 bean soup. I have 2 gallons of turkey broth in the deep freeze, so there's soup and we are expecting MIL's friend over who always brings conch fritter batter and Bahamian rice. The same neighbor with the 15 bean soup also brought some mac & cheese for daughter since she does not like the conch or Bahamian rice. I think we will be okay and neighbors are trying to help since we do so much for them.

That's great. It sucks to run out of food and I can remember being in that situation in our younger day.

Oh that's a relief.

That's great. It sucks to run out of food and I can remember being in that situation in our younger day.

Yeah - hubby had a rough week 2 weeks ago at work, so his check was only for $64 and that took care of part of the phone bill. MIL understands and next week, hubby works security and is scheduled for 60 hours and then the week after they start mandatory 10-12 hours days 5 days a week.

Did Zumba this morning, bought a fresh fruit smoothie, did the threading on my lip and chin, came to the condo took Bruiser for a walk and cleaned up. I went to the grocery store, came back to condo and add music to my ipod. still, got lots to do around here:P

Back from the nursery! I went different this year and bought a beautiful blue hydrangea.

I also stocked up on some more asiatic lilies. I just can't get enough of those. I love perennials! So little work to do once they're planted! :)

I encountered something today I have not seen for some time. A deaf peddler. He approached me and my 10 year old neice with card in hand, and I started a convo in ASL. He got this strange look on his face and asked if I was deaf. I said no, my son was deaf. He then pointed at my neice, and she signed "no.":giggle: He had this really confused look on his face. I offered him my card instead, and told him to contact me on Tues., and we would work on finding him a job. He just walked away shaking his head like, "Dang, I didn't expect that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back