What are you doing right now? Part II

ew no should clean lot up although I find it hard clean cat puke up husband do it

Yeah, sometimes I want to hurk too after seeing some of it. :lol:

Throw a rug over it, rearrange your furniture to hide it, or have a professional cut and patch the area.

a rug over carpet? a foreign concept for us Korean people :lol:

I use a rug to cover the discolored areas of the carpet upstairs. Not crazy about that. I cant wait to replace that nasty carpet upstairs.

Good luck in getting rid of the stain!

Not any more foreign a concept than looking at stains. :lol:

Seriously, a good professional steam cleaning (also called hot-water extraction) by a carpet cleaning company can lessen the stain. However, if it's already set, it probably can't be removed. Cleaning the entire room's carpet will also help the spot-cleaned area blend in better. (Otherwise, you might end up with a super-clean light area with a brown ring around it, with the rest of the carpet looking dingy.)

Amendment to the above:

It depends on the old stain source. If it's red wine and it's set, then it's permanent. If it's pet vomit, it can usually be removed by professional steam cleaning. If it's red food coloring dye or caffeine, professional cleaners have special products for removing those stains. (Somewhat labor-intensive, time-consuming procedure; expect to pay extra.)

If it's pet urine, and flushed with an enzyme-based product (soak down into the pad), the odor can be removed.

Last edited:
Such a "tasty" topic to come up while I am eating popcorn as a mid-morning snack!

I use a rug to cover the discolored areas of the carpet upstairs. Not crazy about that. I cant wait to replace that nasty carpet upstairs.

Good luck in getting rid of the stain!
We had to use a room-size area rug in our family room for several years to cover up burn holes. A hot log rolled out of our wood stove and melted the carpet. :(

We have new carpet in that room now. :)

We have a wood stove too but the kind that uses pellets so it has a hopper on top. It sits on a big tile base. We have not hooked it up yet in our new house. We have to hire a fireplace company to do that (city code because we have to have a permit for installation). But we're going to drywall that corner first so the stove will sit in its permanent place.

Throw a rug over it, rearrange your furniture to hide it, or have a professional cut and patch the area.

LOL! I would throw a rug over it if the stain was in the middle of room . Or you could spill wine over the whole rug to made it look even. :giggle:

I never considered it either until moving into a rental. Now I have a large rug over carpet in the living room. It has saved my carpet from a few accidental spills already! :)

Sipping coffee, eating a cranberry orange scone, watching a movie on Netflix and hoping my boyfriend, Secretblend, has a great day & gets off work early today. He's going to kill me for it but I have another gift to give him! :lol: :D

Waiting for the maintenance to fix my heater

I did nothing today and loved every minute of it. Hubby and the girls went snowboarding. They just called and said it was super cold, very crowded but they all had a good time. I'm sure they will all be pretty sore when they wake up in the morning.

Sad that it's almost time for my daughter to go back to Ireland. We have had a lovely visit, hopefully her and I can spend some one on one time tomorrow.

I am splitting up the food that I have, and am going to bring most of it to a senior citizen friend of mine, who could use some, so that's what I am about to do-- the least I could do after my rough week.

Back