Watch Your Kids Numb Nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone jumping into the enclosure could have aggravated the gorilla even worse, and being that he was bigger, stronger, faster and more agile, guess who would win? (And the child would get killed.)

ill believe that expert truly believes what he states the second i see him let his four year old kid play with a caged gorrila alone.
until then
hes full of it

i ask that for anyone who believes caged gorrials are Not a threat.
have your kids go play with one then, alone in a cage with no supervision and lets chat..

wont be holding my breath though

anyway
how fast do you think that "non threat" could change?

how fast do you think a caged human could change between states of not being a threat to states of being a threat?
give it some thought

so would you let a caged human treat your child like that?

after all caged humans arent threats either right?

besides a non domesticated caged animal 8 to 9 times the strength of a healthy human adult male, not being a threat, to a 4 year old child
do you have a better alternative the zoo could of used but didtn?

as for me
i wouldn't let any human treat my child that way caged or not

since some on this thead are using terms strictly kept for humans for the gorrila such as "murdered" or "executed" or even "crying"..so on
i hold gorrilas to the same bargain.

"put your hands on someone else kid, drag the child around like a rag doll, though water along concrete....refuse to give the kid up....
your getting your ass shot!!"

but
since gorrilas are non threats
how about all zoos open up their cages for the non threatening beasts to mingle with the crowds?

if not why not?

Do you believe the expert now - or will you rely on your irrational and acknowledged fear to guide your ignorant actions?

Someone jumping into the enclosure could have aggravated the gorilla even worse, and being that he was bigger, stronger, faster and more agile, guess who would win? (And the child would get killed.)

But we don't know that - what we do know is that there were previous incidents where children have fallen into a Gorilla enclosure, and the Gorillas protected the child.

No attempt was made to retrieve the child in this incident with Harambe.

I'm amazed at how many people would put their trust in an unpredictable wild animal when their small child is at risk.

If the choice is between my child and any animal, it's going to be my child.

do you really believe koko the gorrila knows sign language?

i would love to have a conversation in sign with koko

i guarantee you
that gorrila wont know what to sign or even what to try to sign with some one who is truly trying to communicate with her in sign

since the gorrila incident iv been getting this whole gorrilas know sign language bullshit..i remember in the early 90s when theat movie congo came out we got it then too.....
i'm surprised at finding Deaf seemingly caught up in that diea...
but its a strange world

its simply not true

parots do not know english
they can speak english
they do not know english

do they?

but since gorrilas now have "spokemans" "talking" in to us "sign language"

and since koko the gorrila used the sign for crying...

and since we know for a fact gorrilas, koko included do not posses tear ducts to actually cry....
then we should ask this spokeman...koko

in sign of course
where did he get the idea of crying from and to explain why he is using it? when he himself can never ever ever do what he is signing. cry. (shed tears)

what would the koko the gorrilas response in sign be to that question?

i dunno
i expect spokeman to be conversant in all the angles wthat would or could be tossed at them from assholes like me

but i do know if your going to be a spokeman and "talk" to us in sing language...better get your statements in order koko

the "im just a gorrila" isnt an excuse the big boys accept
its a human world
and we humans treat eachother worse then hungry dogs....
since your a caged gorrila koko...im sure you already know this. and have spent some time on your speech in sign to make us humans aware of it...

if we are going to use human language for these creatures, and essential give them human qualites
even human work positions (spokeman)

then as humans they should be treated

bullets in the head, and all

i wouldnt of been opposed to killed gorrila being sent up for some hard time in a hard yard with hard humans.
kidnapping and assault charges get you some tough time

certainly would be no zoo...
given the strength differences...one may at first think thats a bad bargain for the humans
truth

the gorrila wouldn't stand a chance

eat all the bananas in the world...a gorrila will always and ever be just a gorrila
and faced against a team of cutties like us,

we know how that ends

You really don't know a whole lot do you?

Protective or possessive?

Either way, what would have happened to the child if someone tried to take him from the gorilla? The result would be the same.

The result would be the same? How do you know Harambe wouldn't give the child to someone he had a daily interaction with? I'd like to know how you know what would have happened.

The child was safer with Harambe than he was with his own mother. At least Harambe was keeping his eye on the boy.

The child was safer with Harambe than he was with his own mother. At least Harambe was keeping his eye on the boy.
And you'd be willing to bet your child's life on that assumption?

And you'd be willing to bet your child's life on that assumption?

Absolutely.

What will the mother's excuse be if her kid ran out in traffic and got run over by a car?

"oh, he just slipped away from me there for a second ..." ?

The result would be the same? How do you know Harambe wouldn't give the child to someone he had a daily interaction with? I'd like to know how you know what would have happened.
Did Harambe have daily interaction with someone who could approach him safely?

How would this "someone" communicate to Harambe that he has to calmly hand over the child?

What if Harambe perceived the "someone" to be a threat to his new possession?

If Harambe decided that he wanted to continue "protecting" the child or "possessing" the child, the struggle would be dangerous no matter what the gorilla's "motivation" was. That's the point.

I don't know what would have happened but I'm not willing to gamble with my child's life. Are you?

Absolutely.

What will the mother's excuse be if her kid ran out in traffic and got run over by a car?

I heard that you may go to Atlanta Zoo on weekend. :hmm:

LOL - we went to The Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. Fortunately, we were able to leave without any Gorillas being dispatched.

LOL - we went to The Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa. Fortunately, we were able to leave without any Gorillas being dispatched.

lol... you are lucky for not ride on MARTA subway because many people got mugged.

Did Harambe have daily interaction with someone who could approach him safely?

How would this "someone" communicate to Harambe that he has to calmly hand over the child?

What if Harambe perceived the "someone" to be a threat to his new possession?

If Harambe decided that he wanted to continue "protecting" the child or "possessing" the child, the struggle would be dangerous no matter what the gorilla's "motivation" was. That's the point.

I don't know what would have happened but I'm not willing to gamble with my child's life. Are you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ht-like-child-devastated-gorilla-s-death.html

There are fewer than 175,000 Western Iowland gorillas in the wild

^ 174,999 now.

and nearly 8 billion Human beings ....
part of "not gambling" with your child's life, is not letting them fall into a Gorilla pit.

Harambe was also not a wild Gorilla.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Explain to me how blaming the mother rescues the kid in either scenario.

Since you're equating traffic with a gorilla, I guess that you'd trust the cars to protect your child from harm.

Explain to me how blaming the mother rescues the kid in either scenario.

Since you're equating traffic with a gorilla, I guess that you'd trust the cars to protect your child from harm.

“There was no moment of acute aggression. ... If the gorilla had wanted to kill the child, one bang of his fist would have done it. People have no idea of their superhuman strength. Yet, he didn’t perform any killing move. … I should also clarify, since people on Facebook have said that gorillas are dangerous predators, that this is entirely wrong.”

http://patch.com/ohio/cleveland/killing-gorilla-harambe-7-things-real-great-ape-experts-said

I know what would kill my child, and the fall into the Gorilla pit was the most dangerous part of the whole ordeal - not Harambe. Killing Harambe did nothing to protect the child, when that was what Harambe was doing. He was protecting the boy.

Negligence on the mother's part is a very lethal and dangerous element to all of this - to completely be flippant and deny it does no one any favors.

The driver of a car won't be shot or blamed if the kid ran out in traffic would they? Who generally gets blamed for that?

https://www.facebook.com/notes/frans-de-waal-public-page/rip-harambe/10154127508562200
I honestly don’t know what I would have decided under the circumstances – it would have depended on the precise information that would have reached me -- but at the same time can’t help but wonder what would have happened had the public been moved out of the way, and also the veterinary and security staff would have been held back, so that only animal care staff familiar to Harambe would have been left around. Under such circumstances, calm might have returned and, who knows, the child might have been left unharmed

^ what a real Gorilla expert had to say

What do the numbers have to do with anything? Are you saying that because gorillas are fewer in number that their lives are more important than a child's life?

part of "not gambling" with your child's life, is not letting them fall into a Gorilla pit.
But the boy did fall into the pit, so we have to deal with reality.

Harambe was also not a wild Gorilla.
A gorilla is not a domesticated animal, even if it's raised in captivity.

Each situation is different. In the other event the gorilla wasn't dragging the boy thru the water.

"As Levan came to and started to cry Jumbo became spooked and ran away, allowing two a paramedic and two keepers to launch a dramatic rescue."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back