The Passion of The Christ

Roger Ebert,

THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST / **** (R)

I said the film is the most violent I have ever seen. It will probably be the most violent you have ever seen. This is not a criticism but an observation; the film is unsuitable for younger viewers, but works powerfully for those who can endure it. The MPAA's R rating is definitive proof that the organization either will never give the NC-17 rating for violence alone, or was intimidated by the subject matter. If it had been anyone other than Jesus up on that cross, I have a feeling that NC-17 would have been automatic.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/cst-ftr-passion24.html

Has anybody gone watch the Passion of Christ yet?

My Mother and I went to watch the movie today and I have to say...WOW, it's a powerful film but it is one of the most violent movies I ever seen, it was just horrifing! :shock: Mel Gibson did a very great job directing the movie and the cast was great as well. I have to give Passion of Christ an A.

Deaf258 said:
I thought NC-17 is worse than R?? Hmm, let me research on that..
Yes, NC-17 is worse than R. With R, a parent can bring a child over 13 with him. With NC-17, you must be 18 or older... no matter what. (No parents, No grandparents, No one... only you!)

VamPyroX said:
Yes, NC-17 is worse than R. With R, a parent can bring a child over 13 with him. With NC-17, you must be 18 or older... no matter what. (No parents, No grandparents, No one... only you!)

What if, some parents allow their kids under the age of 18 to watch it with the parents' permission on their own? I mean, what if, they don't listen what "NC - 17" says and even, thou if, they don't agree what "NC - 17" about that movie, hmm? Children heard news, radio, talks from people around and all that they heard many bloody things too...for example: War in Iraq and kids know what "war" is and it is bloody violence as well. :/

Well I can't watch it cuz They do not have Closed Caption In Cleveland.. Some In Columbus and Cinn. So I guess.. I would have to wait until it is out on DVD.. Or see it in New York.. When We Visit a few AD'ers There...

What do you think ^Angel^? :)

CyberRed said:
What if, some parents allow their kids under the age of 18 to watch it with the parents' permission on their own? I mean, what if, they don't listen what "NC - 17" says and even, thou if, they don't agree what "NC - 17" about that movie, hmm? Children heard news, radio, talks from people around and all that they heard many bloody things too...for example: War in Iraq and kids know what "war" is and it is bloody violence as well. :/
No, it's a strict rule... that they follow those ratings. If the theater lets a person who's underage enter, they would get in trouble.
  • G: General Audiences (All Ages Admitted)
  • PG: Parental Guidance Suggested (Some Material May Not Be Suitable for Children)
  • PG-13: Parents Strongly Cautioned (Some Material May Be Inappropriate for Children Under 13)
  • R: Restricted (Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian)
  • NC-17: No One 17 And Under Admitted

Vampy,

Very interestin' !! I wonder if that movie will come out in DVD or VHS in the near future? If, so... they will probably cut some version out to make it less violence before sellin' it? What do ya think? I hope they better not! LOL I wanna to see it ALL of it... pure version that Mel Gibson made as he is a director.

CyberRed said:
Vampy,

Very interestin' !! I wonder if that movie will come out in DVD or VHS in the near future? If, so... they will probably cut some version out to make it less violence before sellin' it? What do ya think? I hope they better not! LOL I wanna to see it ALL of it... pure version that Mel Gibson made as he is a director.
Two things could happen. This same thing happened with Showgirls. Showgirls was released in theaters at NC-17. They wanted to allow Blockbuster Video to rent the movie so they cut some parts out so that they could show the R version. Some other stores did still get the NC-17 version. They might do the same for this movie.

Cheri said:
Well I can't watch it cuz They do not have Closed Caption In Cleveland.. Some In Columbus and Cinn. So I guess.. I would have to wait until it is out on DVD.. Or see it in New York.. When We Visit a few AD'ers There...

I agree sis...I rather to wait until it on DVD!..Otherwise, I wouldn't understand a movie without closed captions!..

VamPyroX said:
Two things could happen. This same thing happened with Showgirls. Showgirls was released in theaters at NC-17. They wanted to allow Blockbuster Video to rent the movie so they cut some parts out so that they could show the R version. Some other stores did still get the NC-17 version. They might do the same for this movie.

Yeah, I bet that the Passion of the Christ movie is goin' to be in a big history Mel Gibson ever created. I believe that this movie is goin' to be a worth million dollars.

CyberRed said:
Yeah, I bet that the Passion of the Christ movie is goin' to be in a big history Mel Gibson ever created. I believe that this movie is goin' to be a worth million dollars.
Actually, Mel Gibson spent $25,000,000 of his own money to have the movie produced. It's done in 3 dead languages and no Hollywood studio would produce it.

CyberRed said:

Much More than Million of Dollars.

Cheri said:

The movie has no english so it is fully subtitled in English bec it is in Arbic I belive.

VamPyroX said:
Actually, Mel Gibson spent $25,000,000 of his own money to have the movie produced.

Is that how much he spent? Wow... *thud* lol !

It's done in 3 dead languages and no Hollywood studio would produce it.

It's funny the way you put "3 dead languages". :laugh2: But, I totally understand what you talk about. :lol: Mel Gibson ain't dumbo about Hollywood Studio's schemes since he's been an actor for many years. :p

Cheri-You do not have to wait until it's closed caption, it already have english subtitles throughout the whole movie because the people are talking in a different language so you can go anytime you want. :mrgreen:

DVDFreaker said:
Cheri-You do not have to wait until it's closed caption, it already have english subtitles throughout the whole movie because the people are talking in a different language so you can go anytime you want. :mrgreen:

Great!!! Thank you.. Mwah! :ily: :mrgreen:

Back