The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
shel, 40's are great. :D

I am sure it is. I just dont like time flying so fast. It felt like yesterday when I moved to MD and I was only 27 years old and now, I am 37, soon approaching 40s. I need more time in my 30s...maybe forever!!!

Reminds me of the song "Where You Want To Be". I've yet to find a captioned version on YT, but it's about whether or not a person feels right being where they are in life, looking back on things they could have changed, and looking on into the future.

As for me I cannot believe its' been eight years since I graduated high school, two more years and I'll be getting the dreaded invitation to a 10 year class reunion, PFFTT AS IF!!

I don't actually know. I don't think so

Why?
Because I just wanted to verify as that a CEO of the deaf services in Canberra (WHO hates deaf people) has told us there wasn't and he thinks the 24/7 emergency interpreter service wasn't required in Canberra, but we do! This makes me :mad2: when this man tells us bullshit things, and trying to be more equivalent to other countries.

Because I just wanted to verify as that a CEO of the deaf services in Canberra (WHO hates deaf people) has told us there wasn't and he thinks the 24/7 emergency interpreter service wasn't required in Canberra, but we do! This makes me :mad2: when this man tells us bullshit things, and trying to be more equivalent to other countries.

ah i see, the UK is kinda rubbish at providing 'terps I think, iv not had much experience with them, since I lipread and rely on that, or rely on other people such as friends/family.

I had to use a 'terp in a situation before but that was provided by the person I had to see

ah i see, the UK is kinda rubbish at providing 'terps I think, iv not had much experience with them, since I lipread and rely on that, or rely on other people such as friends/family.

I had to use a 'terp in a situation before but that was provided by the person I had to see
Could you be able to find the information in any area of UK that provides it? I need to find the proof that it exists. I know that U.S.A have them.

I know that hospitals and police stations have to provide interpreters. But I am not sure about less important things like events, family gatherings, etc. I will try my best and find out, google's my best friend

The second link you just provided me is sufficient to prove that man wrong that U.K does have 24/7 emergency interpreter service. Thanks, DeafLissa90!

No problem!! :)

JClarke,

There is 24/7 interpreter services in West Australia for emergency, police and hospital. One of my interpreter at University, do on-call emergency for hospital and police through the night time.

JClarke,

There is 24/7 interpreter services in West Australia for emergency, police and hospital. One of my interpreter at University, do on-call emergency for hospital and police through the night time.
Yeah, see 24/7 emergency interpreter service is a must for deaf people, this CEO thinks we don't! :shock: We, the deaf community are in the fight to sack this sad sad man

Yeah, see 24/7 emergency interpreter service is a must for deaf people, this CEO thinks we don't! :shock: We, the deaf community are in the fight to sack this sad sad man

Dang about this CEO thinks Canberra Deaf community doesn't need 24/7 emergency. It sounds like he thinks emergency rarely happens in Canberra? :shock:

It look like you all are in a big battle to request the 24/7 emergency interpreter service. Hopefully the current CEO contract will be over soon for a new CEO to replace him.

Dang about this CEO thinks Canberra Deaf community doesn't need 24/7 emergency. It sounds like he thinks emergency rarely happens in Canberra? :shock:

It look like you all are in a big battle to request the 24/7 emergency interpreter service. Hopefully the current CEO contract will be over soon for a new CEO to replace him.
He is currently overseas, which all of us hate him so much, the deaf services is now focused on Hearing impaired people pretty much leaving deaf people with services that needs attention behind. Does this make you feel :mad2:, yes?

Why is it more focused on the Hearing Impaired? deaf people need a lot more help than HI people do

He is currently overseas, which all of us hate him so much, the deaf services is now focused on Hearing impaired people pretty much leaving deaf people with services that needs attention behind. Does this make you feel :mad2:, yes?

Ouch, that not good. That sounds like the CEO is separating the services to focus on one end rather than other things equality.

It looks like Canberra needs another Deaf Service place to be set up and have a Deaf person to run it as CEO and other Deaf workers and interpreters... so for that Deaf people would have a choice to go to either place to get supports/ emergency interpreter services for their needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back