The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been out of town for the past 2 days and right now I'm in Indiana visiting my grandmother at the hospital. So, I'm using my sister's laptop w/ the wifi connection. (To pass the time and kill the boredom while everyone's yakking - the usual hearing family thing)

Anyway, She's been battling ovarian cancer for a while. It has progressively became a lot worse. She also has acute kidney failure (both kidneys have shut down) and her potassium level is way too high. The doctors have been trying to stabilize her potassium level.

When I saw her yesterday, she was not looking very well. She in fact was weak and fragile.

So, this morning she had to start on the dialysis to get her kidneys to function. Unfortunately, the dialysis is not helping her at all.

Today, We all were called in to come in the hospital because she is expected to die any time today. When I walked in her room earlier today, she looked a lot worse than yesterday and it hurts so much to see her like that way.

Everyone else are here too as well and been taking turns spending time with her. I have spent some time with her, holding her hand and things like that.

:cry:

We all expected this to happen but yeah, she will be better off in peace with no more suffering and all that. But, still - Just thinking about it makes me so sad and there's no dry eyes at all. :(

Well, I'm gonna get going but just wanted to let you guys know what has been happening with me.

oh no! My pray for you n ur family and i know it's hard for you since ur grandma is about passed on soon

Pray for Byrdie714 too and hope feel betta much ASAP

I have been out of town for the past 2 days and right now I'm in Indiana visiting my grandmother at the hospital. So, I'm using my sister's laptop w/ the wifi connection. (To pass the time and kill the boredom while everyone's yakking - the usual hearing family thing)

Anyway, She's been battling ovarian cancer for a while. It has progressively became a lot worse. She also has acute kidney failure (both kidneys have shut down) and her potassium level is way too high. The doctors have been trying to stabilize her potassium level.

When I saw her yesterday, she was not looking very well. She in fact was weak and fragile.

So, this morning she had to start on the dialysis to get her kidneys to function. Unfortunately, the dialysis is not helping her at all.

Today, We all were called in to come in the hospital because she is expected to die any time today. When I walked in her room earlier today, she looked a lot worse than yesterday and it hurts so much to see her like that way.

Everyone else are here too as well and been taking turns spending time with her. I have spent some time with her, holding her hand and things like that.

We all expected this to happen but yeah, she will be better off in peace with no more suffering and all that. But, still - Just thinking about it makes me so sad and there's no dry eyes at all. :(

Well, I'm gonna get going but just wanted to let you guys know what has been happening with me.
Jolie77, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I am very sorry about your grandmother Jolie. My thoughts are with you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :hug:

My prayers are with you and your family at this time.

I have posted an update on Byrdie's conditon in the thread that was started for him.

Jolie, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother :hug:

Jolie i am sorry of what is happening with your grandmother will think of you now on smile hugs

my deepest condolence, jolie :hug:

I´m very sorry for the loss of your beloved Grandma, Jolie :hug:

Jolie :hug: I know its not easy losing loved ones and especially grandmother's. They are soo special by spoiling us grandkids :) I will pray for you and your family.

Jolie,

My prayers and thoughts to you and your family. :hug:

Going to the hardware store to rent a steam cleaner.
Clean the carpets at the new place. Once it dries. We will be ready to move!

Jolie, I am very sorry about your grandmother. Will keep u in my thoughts.

I am sorry about your grandmother being ill and ready to cross over. My prayer is with you. Hugs to you.

Well I am waiting for my husband to finish watering his flowers then we go. It will be hell on the road to see my mother for Mother's Day. Big fire in Santa Barbara right now and I heard traffic is bad there. I hope fire did not go all way to where my brother live on other side of mountain. He is supposed to fly to TX to attend his wife's nephew's funeral but now he canceled the trip because of fire. His nephew was murdered few days ago. It seems this past week is bad for everyone. Hopefully good for some one else. :)

Happy Mother Day to everyone who are mothers.

Is there any latest update on your grandma? Still praying about your family's well being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back