The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you do that was worse than stealing a chocolate bunny?

Me and my big mouth! :laugh2:

Get this, when I was young, I was so gullible I'd believe the sky was falling.. Chicken Little had nothing on me!

I can still be gullible.. sometimes! :aw:

My oldest sister told me to talk into the phone, she dialed 911. I talked, well.. screamed into the receiver.. "Help help the house is on fire!!"

This I did several times and mimicked a man, an older woman and a foreigner's voice. Why I did this? I don't know!

My parents had company.. the worst kind! Deaf company. :eek3:

The police officers arrived, one of them barked at my Mom! "Where's the phone?!"

I know all of this by heart because to this day, my parents will never ever let us forget this prank because in the Deaf community, they know of this prank too! :laugh2:

Dad came upstairs and spanked me so hard and signed "Police here, bad you!"

Sister and I looked at each other, knew we were in deep doo-doo!

The officer that barked at Mom asked us questions, Oldest just cried and cried. Youngest just hid behind Mom.

I just gave myself away babbling away like a fool. Other officer held the phone near my voice and the operator on the other end recognised my voice from the recording.

The officers gave my parents a verbal warning & a written report of this prank.

The worst thing of this.. the Deaf company that visited us! They kept going :nono: to us!

Dad threatened us when the officers were leaving and we were begging them to stay! :giggle:

My parents were just horrified of the embarrassment & I don't know who was scared the most. My parents of the police officers or us of the spankings!

:laugh2: Yes, we were bad!

Since I got the new couch and loveseat I had to move things around. Well my t.v is big and heavy so I sat it on the couch b/c I can't left it off the floor. I just finished up with reconnecting the wires to the other electronics when I heard a crash. My tv had fallen off the couch and hit the floor. I plugged it in and tried turning it on and nothing..it won't turn on buy pushing the button on the tv or with the remote..

Oh no! Well at least now you have an excuse to purchase a new HD LCD TV. I have a Vizio and it has a very good picture. The only draw back though is that the texts on it are small, almost too small to read the captions.

Me and my big mouth! :laugh2:

Get this, when I was young, I was so gullible I'd believe the sky was falling.. Chicken Little had nothing on me!

I can still be gullible.. sometimes! :aw:

My oldest sister told me to talk into the phone, she dialed 911. I talked, well.. screamed into the receiver.. "Help help the house is on fire!!"

This I did several times and mimicked a man, an older woman and a foreigner's voice. Why I did this? I don't know!

My parents had company.. the worst kind! Deaf company. :eek3:

The police officers arrived, one of them barked at my Mom! "Where's the phone?!"

I know all of this by heart because to this day, my parents will never ever let us forget this prank because in the Deaf community, they know of this prank too! :laugh2:

Dad came upstairs and spanked me so hard and signed "Police here, bad you!"

Sister and I looked at each other, knew we were in deep doo-doo!

The officer that barked at Mom asked us questions, Oldest just cried and cried. Youngest just hid behind Mom.

I just gave myself away babbling away like a fool. Other officer held the phone near my voice and the operator on the other end recognised my voice from the recording.

The officers gave my parents a verbal warning & a written report of this prank.

The worst thing of this.. the Deaf company that visited us! They kept going :nono: to us!

Dad threatened us when the officers were leaving and we were begging them to stay! :giggle:

My parents were just horrified of the embarrassment & I don't know who was scared the most. My parents of the police officers or us of the spankings!

:laugh2: Yes, we were bad!

:bowlol: That was priceless! I was similar when I was younger - a little too trusting for my own good sometimes. I never had that prank pulled on me, but I've had several. Let me think about it for a bit and I'll share my worst prank with you.

Oh no! Well at least now you have an excuse to purchase a new HD LCD TV. I have a Vizio and it has a very good picture. The only draw back though is that the texts on it are small, almost too small to read the captions.

You can not modify the size of the CC or texts?

Oh, no! How old was your TV? The old LCD TV I used to have for the past 6 years stopped working a few weeks ago, so I bought a really nice 32" Samsung HDTV. Two of the things I love about it are the fact that it makes ascending beep tones when the TV is turned on and descending beep tones when it is turned off. I like this feature because I've noticed that HDTVs don't turn on as quickly as LCD TVs do. It also has vertical speakers that run along both sides of the TV screen which makes it very easy to hear. I paid $650 for it, but it was well worth the price. My sister told me that Samsung received 4 out of 5 stars for their HDTVs in the latest issue of Consumer Reports. I really lucked out because when I was shopping for a TV at Best Buy, the brands I chose from included Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic and Magnavox.

It's an older but newer tv (if that makes sense). It worked just fine till it fell off the couch. We took it apart today and the motherboard was split in half. We had to take it to the dumpster..I brought the kids' tv down so I can watch the grammy's

For me, personally, I find it very difficult to view HD LCD TVs because the CC & texts are either too small and if you modify them.. they are very distorted.

I prefer SDH when hubby and I watch movies because SDH is easier to view than CC. SDH [subtitles] is much softer and easier on the eyes.

SDH, if you observe it yourself, it is grey with yellowish text.

CC is black with white text.

You can not modify the size of the CC or texts?
I don't think so. It would do me wonders to have it one size bigger. At least I wouldnt have to strain to read them and I could actually understand whats going on in the show.

:bowlol: That was priceless! I was similar when I was younger - a little too trusting for my own good sometimes. I never had that prank pulled on me, but I've had several. Let me think about it for a bit and I'll share my worst prank with you.

:giggle: Please do girl! I don't wanna be the only gullible one here! LOL LOL!

For me, personally, I find it very difficult to view HD LCD TVs because the CC & texts are either too small and if you modify them.. they are very distorted.

I prefer SDH when hubby and I watch movies because SDH is easier to view than CC. SDH [subtitles] is much softer and easier on the eyes.

SDH, if you observe it yourself, it is grey with yellowish text.

CC is black with white text.

My CC on my LCD TV is large and clear. Maybe it depends on the brand of the TV. :dunno:

My CC on my LCD TV is large and clear. Maybe it depends on the brand of the TV. :dunno:

I dont have SDH on my TV, and I know I am using CC. but how do you modify the CC on a Vizio? Maybe one of these techies will be able to help.

I dont have SDH on my TV, and I know I am using CC. but how do you modify the CC on a Vizio? Maybe one of these techies will be able to help.

SDH is only on DVD.

I googled up the CC code on Vizio and came across this.

Have you tried all of the commands that appear when you're in device mode to see if one of them works (it may just be mislabeled).

If you did that and it's not there - call support. They can check other Vizio models in the database and see if there is a CC command for one of those that might work.

If you can get a Pronto code then support can add it for you.

source link

Hope this works. :)

just a question... the thread about firefighters suing the city cause of a gay pride parade they were made to go to... i cant find it at all. anyone know where its at? or was it deleted or something?

SDH is only on DVD.

I googled up the CC code on Vizio and came across this.

source link

Hope this works. :)

I think this link pertains to a certain brand of a universal remote control as the OP in that link stated he did not have the original remote to his Vizio.

I still have my original remote which could play into this. (Or I could just simply be stupid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back