The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jclarke, how much cost did you buy it?

$660

You can order HP external CD/DVD Drive or cheaper one.

Nah, I have my other main laptop I can still use for these purposes, and I can transfer the files from the CD for software installations into my external HDD which is 750GB and install it into my mini laptop via eSATA or USB (either way, its good)

Here is the specifications of my mini laptop

- Windows XP with Service Pack 3
- Intel(R) Atom(TM) Processor N270 (1.60GHz)
- 60GB 4200RPM PATA Hard Drive
- Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- 10.1" Diagonal SD LED BrightView Infinity Widescreen Display (1024 x 576)
- HP Mini Webcam with HP Imprint Finish (Swirl) For 10.1" Display
- Wireless - G Card with Bluetooth
- HP color matching keyboard (92% full scale keyboard)
- 3 Cell Lithium Polymer Battery
- 2 in 1 Intergrated Digitial Media Reader
- 1 GB RAM
- 2 USB ports
- 3 years warranty.

$660

Nah, I have my other main laptop I can still use for these purposes, and I can transfer the files from the CD for software installations into my external HDD which is 750GB and install it into my mini laptop via eSATA or USB (either way, its good)

$660 AUD = $421 USD Right? Do you like it? working with WiFi at your university?

Yes, that's right and no I haven't tested, but I connected my parent's WiFi which works fine. And it'll work fine when I am at the university next week.

$660

Speaking of storage - I have two drives on my laptop one is the main C: drive and there is the other D: data drive. combined I have a total of 70G of storage, is it safe to store things on the data drive once I fill my C drive to capacity or am I better off purchasing an external hard drive to store things such as photos and such?

Is webcam good? working with Viable Vision?

Speaking of storage - I have two drives on my laptop one is the main C: drive and there is the other D: data drive. combined I have a total of 70G of storage, is it safe to store things on the data drive once I fill my C drive to capacity or am I better off purchasing an external hard drive to store things such as photos and such?

No, it is not safe. The other drive is a partition, where the OS backed up system is stored, in case your laptop requires full reformattion, I have the same thing to my main 17" laptop, and it works nicely but if you perfer to store the files safelty, better off to get a external HDD or backed up online on mozy.com for a small fee.

Chevy57, I do not have Viable Vision on my mini laptop and never will have it downloaded. Only for my main laptop.

Should get external cd / dvd drive for dvd movie disks

I don't need it, I have other alternative which I have couple of movies in my external HDD, where I can play movies on VLC media player in my mini laptop and it works nicely. Also, it works fine with 2GB Flash driver as well.

Chevy57, I do not have Viable Vision on my mini laptop and never will have it downloaded. Only for my main laptop.

No problem. I will get MVP very soon to use video callings and carry it anywhere which having WiFi hot stops. I don't need to use webcam on my laptop.

I don't need it, I have other alternative which I have couple of movies in my external HDD, where I can play movies on VLC media player in my mini laptop and it works nicely. Also, it works fine with 2GB Flash driver as well.

Right! how long do you dowload one full feature movie into HDD? I never dowload any movie in my 250 GB My Passport HDD. :lol:

Chevy57, enough with the questions! Downloading movies from the internet depends on your internet speed.

Alright! Thank you, JClarke. I got to go conference call meeting at 7 pm for two hours long ugghh!

If you want to move your photos in a storage disk, I would recommend you to use a DVD or blu-ray disc. It's because when you copy, copy, copy the photos by moving them into a bigger hard disk (internal or external hard disk), the photos' quality will be poor. The photos do not affect the quality on DVD/blu-ray because it is a permanent that does not move anything in the disc.

It is probably okay for you to move the photos in the hard disk as long as you don't copy them too many times. Moving and copy are the same that change a photo's quality a little bit which is not significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back