The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is small. How much does it weigh? I was at a coffee shop the other day that is within a Hastings bookstore and one bloke was there that was using a laptop only about as big as my Writer's Harbrace book. It was tiny. I reckon those mini laptops have limited capabilities and storage compared to a normal laptop like mine. (Acer Aspire 3680).

I know I probably will need to upgrade to a new laptop in about two years as Ive had this one for about two years already. Whats the average life expectancy of a laptop with normal use, wear and tear?

it's as heavy as.... 2 lbs? 3? it's pretty damn light. and it depends on how abusive/caring you are. For my brother - it lasts a year or less. For me - more than 3 years. :cool2:

it's as heavy as.... 2 lbs? 3? it's pretty damn light. and it depends on how abusive/caring you are. For my brother - it lasts a year or less. For me - more than 3 years. :cool2:

I wans't saying that 2 lbs is heavy, I was just giving an American conversion to Jakes Metric measurements of weights. The laptop Im using is the first Ive purchased, so I was just wondering.

Im not rough with it, but it should be able to withstand a few things such as accidentally being knocked off a table or dropped.

I dont have a case for it as I just usually carry it in my backpack, I just have to be careful and not throw my backpack down.

Im not rough with it, but it should be able to withstand a few things such as accidentally being knocked off a table or dropped.
:eek3: bad! at any drop - 2 things could get broken and it's sensitive to drop - LCD and HDD.

I dont have a case for it as I just usually carry it in my backpack, I just have to be careful and not throw my backpack down.
:mad2: Go to Wal-Mart and get yourself a notebook sleeve. It's about $30. :mad2:

:eek3: bad! at any drop - 2 things could get broken and it's sensitive to drop - LCD and HDD.

:mad2: Go to Wal-Mart and get yourself a notebook sleeve. It's about $30. :mad2:

I know, shame on me. I looked at Wal-Mart and there's nothing there. I should probably look at staples or in the luggage dept at JC Penney's. They probably have some at those two places.

Just go and buy one from the computer store.

I know, shame on me. I looked at Wal-Mart and there's nothing there. I should probably look at staples or in the luggage dept at JC Penney's. They probably have some at those two places.

oh yes definitely. Target as well. Any big stores should carry it. :mad2:

I just came home from picking up yummy Pad Thai for dinner. Also, stopped at the book store and bought a few kid's books.

Last edited:
oh yes definitely. Target as well. Any big stores should carry it. :mad2:

We have no local Target - at least not yet anyway. I wonder if Amazon.com or Ebay has some for a reasonable price. May be worth a look.

I've always been super-careful with my laptop. I've never dropped it. I even have an awesome laptop case with the airplane-style wheels and handle. (Yes, I'm spoiled and lazy! ;) )

How is everyone tonight. I'm pretty good got my new couch today :D I'll post pictures in the picture area..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back