The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forcing you and millions of other customers to terminate your contract would be bad PR for them. Trust me, in this merger they are going to be listening to the contract holders for a while to get a picture of what Alltel customers like, what Verizon customers like and come up with a solution that satisfies both.

But my mom and I have agreed - if we get crappy service with Verizon we will be dropping the contracts and getting phones with another company.

remember that time when they jacked up the price of text message? that alone was a legal reason to terminate the contract early.

remember that time when they jacked up the price of text message? that alone was a legal reason to terminate the contract early.

True, but my phone is currently under an Alltel contract, not Verizon. We're just going to give Verizon a go once the merge is official.

Im getting a sidekick 08 next month..but i read reviews..apparently the Lx is still better!?
any of you have an 08?

Forcing you and millions of other customers to terminate your contract would be bad PR for them. Trust me, in this merger they are going to be listening to the contract holders for a while to get a picture of what Alltel customers like, what Verizon customers like and come up with a solution that satisfies both.

But my mom and I have agreed - if we get crappy service with Verizon we will be dropping the contracts and getting phones with another company.

Oh Same here. I will drop them like a hot tater.

Just hate to have to switch to someone else if they do.

Go blackberry, just like Botts said!

I find service to be so much better. None of those "x" 's except if you're in a remote area, and I found that even being in remote areas it connects to other carriers if there's one available. I remember last summer I was in the boonies, 4 hours out of the metro area I live in, and on the way I could see it switching to other carriers (it even says so on the screen!) so overall, coverage is much better. And none of that waiting for emails to process. It's instant. Internet coverage is faster, as well.

No, Chevy, it is a upgrade on my contract to my ugly touchscreen phone. I will be getting rid of my hiptop (sidekick slide) so I can stick to ONE phone altogether.[/QUOTE

I meaning Nokia mobile to transfer to new BB? right? monthly charge?

No, My LG Touchscreen is no longer in use, I cancelled the ugly phone. And upgraded to a lovely BlackBerry Bold. I am now, a proud owner of Blackberry Bold! :cool2:

Violet, get a blackberry instead.

and people talking about mergeing, I was not aware that my phone company will be merging with Vodafone! :shock: which leaves me no choice to remain with my company since I was considered to move to Vodafone but what's the point now, they will be merging with us. :cool2:

True, but my phone is currently under an Alltel contract, not Verizon. We're just going to give Verizon a go once the merge is official.

Same as my phone. I have a Black Berry. Good plan with the unlimited.

Verizon is a lot more expensive. So when my "Alltel" contract does run out. If they allow me to keep the current one. The prices will be jacked up. :(

If Verizon gets too big (which after this merger they will be America's largest wireless company) then the FCC can force a breakup with the company.

But it would really suck if a few years down the road if AT&T and Verizon decide to merge and everything is back under AT&T once again.

AT&T is trying to re-acquire their lost pieces slowly enough that the Feds won't notice, at least not for a while anyway, but they've got the assets to do it.

eating ramen and watching THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

This is a picture of me and my idea of how the world works.
profilepic13177_19.gif

PS oh yeah and thanks for the alltell pic. No wonder I didn't know who the heck it was.

just fixed my profile in here alldeaf heh and welcome back hear again ^^

hp_2133_front_goog.jpg

But in full black - $660

***image of a new mini laptop I bought today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back