The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Hear Again ?

i'm unhappy because for the past 24 hours i've been experiencing alot of dizziness whenever i wear my ci's. i just tried wearing my processors an hour ago and the dizziness came back. :( i have no idea what's wrong or why this is happening, but i plan to call my audi today. if a new mapping doesn't help, then I plan to speak to my ci surgeon to see if something else more serious might be going on.

I am sorry you had to go thru that! I haven't wore my CI for quite too long because I am not happy with last mapping...so I am going to find a new audiologist but tough to find that accept our health insurance. UGH! :roll: I do miss some sound but not the loud noise, it bug hell out of me.
i'm unhappy because for the past 24 hours i've been experiencing alot of dizziness whenever i wear my ci's. i just tried wearing my processors an hour ago and the dizziness came back. :( i have no idea what's wrong or why this is happening, but i plan to call my audi today. if a new mapping doesn't help, then I plan to speak to my ci surgeon to see if something else more serious might be going on.

thanks, laketahoe! :) i'll be sure to let you know what my audi says as soon as i hear from her.

i wanted to share some good news with everyone. my physical therapist told me that i had good range of motion in my left wrist today and said that if this keeps up, there's a chance i may not need surgery after all. she did say there was no guarantee i wouldn't need surgery at any point in the near future, but at least for now, she says my left wrist is getting a little better. i'm so happy! :D

by the way, in case anyone was wondering, i did not wear my ci's today. i brought my telebraille (braille tty) instead, so my physical therapist and i communicated using that.

My back is killing me. :( Either I'm getting old or I need to invest in a chair with more lumbar support.

I am resizing my japan photos at the moment so I can upload them on my facebook for viewing. I have almost 550 photos. But the total with the family, 3,450+

WOW that is TONS of pictures!!! :)
I am resizing my japan photos at the moment so I can upload them on my facebook for viewing. I have almost 550 photos. But the total with the family, 3,450+

Why can't it be both?
Really, I wouldn't blame age on anything, so that just leaves the latter.
Wise thinking dude, I was going to think about the causes myself but you hit most of it right there.

Ouch! You're probably right. *pulls out Ikea catalog*
What if it's the way you're doing something? Like the way you sit, or walk? Maybe your bedding? I've been hearing testimonials of "walking straight without hunching your shoulders inwards" reduces back problems.

If you have back pain, I remember the common safety procedure is to lie back on something solid, like the floor, and lift your ankles up and down slowly and repeat a bunch of times till you get better. like 30min?

Hey Jiro, did you know of a Korean band called H.O.T.? Stupid question, I'm sure you do know who they are.

Do you remember who Tony Ahn was?
He graduated from my high school.

yes I do. I've heard of H.O.T. My mom and brother are obsessed with Korean groups but not I. I'm more of boring type....

<slipping in the most dullest classical music CD - Brandenberg Concerto>
ah....... now that's music :cool2:

Wise thinking dude, I was going to think about the causes myself but you hit most of it right there.

What if it's the way you're doing something? Like the way you sit, or walk? Maybe your bedding? I've been hearing testimonials of "walking straight without hunching your shoulders inwards" reduces back problems.

If you have back pain, I remember the common safety procedure is to lie back on something solid, like the floor, and lift your ankles up and down slowly and repeat a bunch of times till you get better. like 30min?

I think the root of the problem is my computer chair...I've had it as long as I can remember so it's really beat up and worn.

Take a look at your bed mattress. If it's old or cheap, it might need to be replaced or at least rotated. I think bed mattresses are a cause of many people's back problems, including mine.

sitting up straight is bad for your back. you might want to sit slightly slanted so that your back is leaning against the back of the chair. That way - your whole torso weight isn't pushed down to your back.

I know Society' s Child was on a diet and exercise. How about calcium and potassium intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back