The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister's pipes were frozen last month, so she and her husband slept over here for a few nights, then hired a plummer to professionally thaw the pipes.

how? what did plumber do to thaw your pipes?

how? what did plumber do to thaw your pipes?

Well, this was at my sister's house, not mine, but I think he used some sort of special equipment to thaw the pipes under the house in the crawl space. He tried to close a circuit around the pipes to cause an electrical current in the pipes to warm them, but the pipe was plastic, so that didn't work. He had to do something else, but the pope was under the house, so nobody saw him.

I am curious, what can you do with frozen water pipes? Do you pour hot water on it to thaw it out? Where I am, we never get snow and ice here so thats new to me.

Hair dryers work well. Thaws them slowly so they don't burst from the extemes in temperatures between frozen inside and hot outside.

Well, this was at my sister's house, not mine, but I think he used some sort of special equipment to thaw the pipes under the house in the crawl space. He tried to close a circuit around the pipes to cause an electrical current in the pipes to warm them, but the pipe was plastic, so that didn't work. He had to do something else, but the pope was under the house, so nobody saw him.

Bet he used a hair dryer.:giggle:

I know how to edit the signatures but how do you get the pictures in it? Another question how do ya'll keep up on what posts you've read and haven't read? I spend alot of time trying to find where I left off at..what page...etc.?

I have brain as vigourous as a Flamby (Flamby is a French dessert brand name) :( by not sleeping well :(

I've told my GP about what I've been going through, and I don't think she believes me. Doctors often don't believe me until they see the symptoms appear before their eyes. Then, they continue to not believe me about the symptoms they didn't see first hand.

I've told my GP about what I've been going through, and I don't think she believes me. Doctors often don't believe me until they see the symptoms appear before their eyes. Then, they continue to not believe me about the symptoms they didn't see first hand.

mints,

are you referring to the way you've been feeling about your deafness? if so, i would highly recommend that you talk to a therapist or psychiatrist instead. i guarantee that if you do, they will believe you.

I have brain as vigourous as a Flamby (Flamby is a French dessert brand name) :( by not sleeping well :(

guilia,

have you thought about asking your doctor for a temporary sleep med like ambien?

I know how to edit the signatures but how do you get the pictures in it? Another question how do ya'll keep up on what posts you've read and haven't read? I spend alot of time trying to find where I left off at..what page...etc.?

to post a pic in your signature, do the following:

1. copy and paste the picture into your computer.

2. click on "user cp"

3. click on "edit signature"

4. on that page go to "option 2 - upload image from your computer" and click "browse"

5. select a picture

6. click on "preview signature" if you'd like to see what it looks like or "save signature" to save it.

hope this helps!

if you have any questions or problems, let me know!

mints,

are you referring to the way you've been feeling about your deafness? if so, i would highly recommend that you talk to a therapist or psychiatrist instead. i guarantee that if you do, they will believe you.

Thanks :) I didn't wanna screw up by asking for the wrong kind of doctor :giggle:

I donno why I feel this way. I just know that I do. My hearing is only one among many possible reasons for this. I don't like to complain, so I'm not very good at it.

in regards to frozen pipes, i was told it's always a good idea to keep your tap water running every now and then to help prevent this.

Thanks :) I didn't wanna screw up by asking for the wrong kind of doctor :giggle:

I donno why I feel this way. I just know that I do. My hearing is only one among many possible reasons for this. I don't like to complain, so I'm not very good at it.

take a look at doctor's bill. see that price? now complain all you want. :cool2:

believe me, a therapist or psychiatrist will not think you are "complaining." after all, it is their job to help you feel better.

if you feel uncomfortable talking, perhaps you could write down your feelings on paper and give that to a therapist or psychiatrist.

take a look at doctor's bill. see that price? now complain all you want. :cool2:

i know how that goes. my old psychiatrist charges $100 for a 15 minute med check up. :shock:

i'm now seeing a new psychiatrist, but i have no idea how much he charges. it might be a little more though since he sees me for about 30 minutes.

I am kinda disgusted when I went to my house, when I moved my chest drawers over to my room and I found myself in a messy house, which has been like that for two days and even my sister's not at home. They left it behind. :mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back