The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koala I am very sorry about the death of your aunt. :(

I am curious, what can you do with frozen water pipes? Do you pour hot water on it to thaw it out? Where I am, we never get snow and ice here so thats new to me.

No because that can cause the pipe to crack. It also depends on what kind of a pipe you have to transport the water as well.

good question. it's a tricky one because you can cause it to crack when doing that but I don't know for sure. I was thinking of using a mini-blowtorch to warm the pipe. what about electric heater fan??? :dunno:

beside... i thought your water pipe's frozen?? where you gonna get hot water? lol

If your water pipe has already frozen--you can try using the electric heater fan--whatever you do--don't use the mini-blowtorch as that can cause problems with your pipe.

As for hot water--if you have access to water--boil it. Voila! You have hot water!

No because that can cause the pipe to crack. It also depends on what kind of a pipe you have to transport the water as well.

If your water pipe has already frozen--you can try using the electric heater fan--whatever you do--don't use the mini-blowtorch as that can cause problems with your pipe.

As for hot water--if you have access to water--boil it. Voila! You have hot water!

:laugh2: i knew mini-blowtorch is bad idea but it's fun....... don't you agree? I guess not so fun if the pipe ruptured and that's gonna be an expensive repair :laugh2:

Wow, my daughter will becomes 8 months old in four days. :( then she will have four months left to become one year old.

:laugh2: i knew mini-blowtorch is bad idea but it's fun....... don't you agree? I guess not so fun if the pipe ruptured and that's gonna be an expensive repair :laugh2:

Well we had a pipe burst and didn't know about it.

The water company came by to do a reading and told us that we were over 30,000 gallons of water compared to last years reading! :shock:

Anyway after checking all 11 cottages and the big house--the leak was underground as there was a gushing of water coming up underneath a cottage.

Ugh! It was nasty.

Well we had a pipe burst and didn't know about it.

The water company came by to do a reading and told us that we were over 30,000 gallons of water compared to last years reading! :shock:

Anyway after checking all 11 cottages and the big house--the leak was underground as there was a gushing of water coming up underneath a cottage.

Ugh! It was nasty.

:-o OVER 30,000 gallons and you didn't even notice??? wouldn't you see any flood or something?

:-o OVER 30,000 gallons and you didn't even notice??? wouldn't you see any flood or something?

That was the problem.

We had a so much rain during that time period, we couldn't tell if it was standing water or not.

i don't even want to know the cost. :laugh2:

Actually I saw the bill.

The plumber charged over $ 800.00 to fix it. Majority of it was labor. They came and had to dig it up as the joints slipped, causing the leak.

The water company bill--I haven't seen yet but apparently they will be working with us on a payment plan as they did before.

Actually I saw the bill.

The plumber charged over $ 800.00 to fix it. Majority of it was labor. They came and had to dig it up as the joints slipped, causing the leak.

The water company bill--I haven't seen yet but apparently they will be working with us on a payment plan as they did before.

didn't I say I don't want to know the cost? :mad2:

unfortunately we've had some delays. our water pipes are frozen. my underpaid workers refused to come into work. :mad2:

Ur not only same thing happen to my house yesteday afternoon get over water on floor in kitchen and baseme(sp) over water cuz of pipes been break then my bf was help and fianlly stop water from floor :shock: good thing landlord come over and fixed phew

Ur not only same thing happen to my house yesteday afternoon get over water on floor in kitchen and baseme(sp) over water cuz of pipes been break then my bf was help and fianlly stop water from floor :shock: good thing landlord come over and fixed phew

basement?
:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:
I think :)

Yes right spell i hate it :P

I can't take shower bec of hot water not work damnn itt!!! look like wait till tonite when i get off work them for sure i m zooomm jump take hot water for 1 hour:giggle:

My sister's pipes were frozen last month, so she and her husband slept over here for a few nights, then hired a plummer to professionally thaw the pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back