The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that, SimplyMints but if you have injured yourself severely or believe it may be life-threatening, call 911 or your local emergency services provider or call for emergency help. I am worried about you. :hug:

Thank you :hug:

The pain is not from my cutting or any accidental (or intentional) injury I know of. I have chronic pain throughout my body, and doctors don't seem to want to help me. I'm only afraid to take more pain medicine because I've been taking 600mg of Advil per day for about two months non-stop, and I don't want to damage my liver. Advil isn't sufficient to mask the pain, but it makes it tolerable, and I don't cut myself when I'm on it. The only two things that really worked were vicodin and hydrocodone. Those can also cause liver damage. I wish my doctors would believe me so they would bother to look for the problem and fix it before I lose my liver.

I'm going to bed now. I took sleeping meds about 45 minutes ago, and I figured they wouldn't work, but they are :giggle:

Thank you :hug:

The pain is not from my cutting or any accidental (or intentional) injury I know of. I have chronic pain throughout my body, and doctors don't seem to want to help me. I'm only afraid to take more pain medicine because I've been taking 600mg of Advil per day for about two months non-stop, and I don't want to damage my liver. Advil isn't sufficient to mask the pain, but it makes it tolerable, and I don't cut myself when I'm on it. The only two things that really worked were vicodin and hydrocodone. Those can also cause liver damage. I wish my doctors would believe me so they would bother to look for the problem and fix it before I lose my liver.

I'm going to bed now. I took sleeping meds about 45 minutes ago, and I figured they wouldn't work, but they are :giggle:

OK, but please don't stop taking your medications until your doctor tells you to do so. If you are concerned about your liver situation, I suggest you to discuss it with your doctor and also, you can ask him/her to check your liver levels periodically, to make sure that it is working properly. I am sure he/she will say yes.
Avail will NOT damage your liver but Tylenol is, depends on how much the dosage is. You talked about Vicodin (hydrocodone). You have to take one or two tablets every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain but the total daily dosage should not exceed 8 tablets.

Today is the day! :run:

We load up the big ol' U-haul truck--so I won't be around as much! Y'all behave! (Yeah right! :giggle:)

Today is the day! :run:

We load up the big ol' U-haul truck--so I won't be around as much! Y'all behave! (Yeah right! :giggle:)

I will miss you. Don't you have a Sidekick or Blackberry? Nothing to stop a determined person from posting from the road.:lol::wave:

OK, but please don't stop taking your medications until your doctor tells you to do so. If you are concerned about your liver situation, I suggest you to discuss it with your doctor and also, you can ask him/her to check your liver levels periodically, to make sure that it is working properly. I am sure he/she will say yes.
Avail will NOT damage your liver but Tylenol is, depends on how much the dosage is. You talked about Vicodin (hydrocodone). You have to take one or two tablets every 4 to 6 hours as needed for pain but the total daily dosage should not exceed 8 tablets.

Advil (as in Ibuprofen)? You said Avail, and I'm not taking Avail. I just read a website where like 20 random people posted pretending they knew what they were talking about, and 19 of them believed Advil/Ibuprofen does not affect the liver, but Tylenol does. Person #20 believed the opposite. I guess I'll go with the majority until I can gouge more info out of my doctors. What about Naproxin/Aleve? I can only use OTC for pain now because my doctors think an 8 on the pain scale is considered minor aches and pains. Either that or they think I'm seeking drugs.

By the way, the he/she stuff .. my family doctor/general practitioner is she, my gastrointerologist, audiologist, and all my other doctors are he. ;)

Argh. My daughter Alexanderia and Im very sick now. :( But lucky that my mom's off from work until Monday, I hope that she and I will feel better before she returns back to work.

Today is soo slow.. Even AD is ultra-ultra-slow.

I feel like I'm currently in a day at the office except I'm not even working..

Today is soo slow.. Even AD is ultra-ultra-slow.

I feel like I'm currently in a day at the office except I'm not even working..

I should say the same about me, so I got bored and decided to test and currently in:

Ubuntu 9.04 Alpha (codenmae Jaunty Jackalope) tester
Windows 7 Beta tester
MVP(Mobile Video Phone) Alpha and Beta Tester

I will miss you. Don't you have a Sidekick or Blackberry? Nothing to stop a determined person from posting from the road.:lol::wave:

:laugh2: That is so true! I go on my Blackberry when I'm on a long boring trip.

Busy Busy and tired...not motivated to catch up on AD so just browsing a bit before I go and get busy again with my responsibilities as a mother, wife, and professional...I feel like I have two full time jobs sometimes...housewife/mother and teacher...lol

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Busy Busy and tired...not motivated to catch up on AD so just browsing a bit before I go and get busy again with my responsibilities as a mother, wife, and professional...I feel like I have two full time jobs sometimes...housewife/mother and teacher...lol

Hope everyone is having a good week!

:lol:

Reminds me of a saying that my Grandmother used to tell me.

" A man works from dusk to dawn... A woman works is never done."

now i will go back to my nap. it has been exhausting day to run with my Domestic Dissent dog. he just keeps running! :mad2:

Actually my sweetie is leaving tomorrow and I will rejoin up at the end of the month in our new home as I will be training the new interm manager. So--I'll still be around. :)

" A man works from dusk to dawn... A woman works is never done."

:lol: Funny!

hi everyone,

just wanted to say i'm back after my 48 hour ban. let's party! :giggle: :wave:

mints,

i saw your earlier post and wanted to mention that i also have issues with self-harm (although i don't cut -- i scratch and punch myself and apply sharp objects against my skin). been there, done that. i think it would be a very good idea if you mentioned your minor cutting incident to your doctor. i'm sure that if you do, he/she will refer to you a psychiatrist.

hey ALL!! How is everyone today? Besides the massive headache I have I'm doing pretty good. As of 9:33am I am a divorced woman :D. Our divorce was finalized this morning. It's time to party..Oh wait I have a headache and kids..maybe tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back