The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
lori,

what works for me every time is to start off by taking the garbage out. that's always my first goal. once that's done, i clean the kitchen (which isn't too hard since i have a gally kitchen), followed by the bathroom, then the living room and finally, my bedroom.

I usually start in the same spot and work my way around the same way everytime, but I never get everything done so some things are just left undone every time. So this time I started in the hallway, cleaned out the cleaning closet (where I keep my vaccum, carpet cleaner, mops and brooms)b/c sometimes things end up in there and I can't get to my cleaners. Then I cleaned the downstairs bathroom. Why is it that the boys can't aim right?? GROSSSS. I cleaned everything and mopped, then I vaccumed the hallway and cleaned that carpet. Now I'm taking a break trying to figure out what to tackle next.

i can't sleep during the day either due to my therapy, psychiatric and physical therapy appointments. oh well.

I usually start in the same spot and work my way around the same way everytime, but I never get everything done so some things are just left undone every time. So this time I started in the hallway, cleaned out the cleaning closet (where I keep my vaccum, carpet cleaner, mops and brooms)b/c sometimes things end up in there and I can't get to my cleaners. Then I cleaned the downstairs bathroom. Why is it that the boys can't aim right?? GROSSSS. I cleaned everything and mopped, then I vaccumed the hallway and cleaned that carpet. Now I'm taking a break trying to figure out what to tackle next.

I have no idea how good or bad your boys' aims are, but if you understand how flowing liquid flows through pipes, then disburses while flowing through the air, you begin to realise that it's infinitely illogical for anybody to stand while peeing into a toilet designed to be used in a seated position. For some reason, most guys seem to think that they can beat the laws of physics and pee flawlessly into the middle of the reservoir. The truth is, even with the most perfect aim, tiny droplets often invisible without a high speed camera until they land are defused between 1.5 and 3 feet from the flow. If anybody wants to pee standing up without making a mess, you're gonna have to install a real urinal.

Most of my regular appointments land between 3pm and 6pm, perfectly respectable times for "normal" society. When I have kids, I sleep while they're at school.

If you're motivated, you can come up with solutions for every problem associated with nocturnal living while still allowing you to get what you want.

I have no idea how good or bad your boys' aims are, but if you understand how flowing liquid flows through pipes, then disburses while flowing through the air, you begin to realise that it's infinitely illogical for anybody to stand while peeing into a toilet designed to be used in a seated position. For some reason, most guys seem to think that they can beat the laws of physics and pee flawlessly into the middle of the reservoir. The truth is, even with the most perfect aim, tiny droplets often invisible without a high speed camera until they land are defused between 1.5 and 3 feet from the flow. If anybody wants to pee standing up without making a mess, you're gonna have to install a real urinal.

Thanks for that tid bit of information..:hmm:

Thanks for that tid bit of information..:hmm:

:rofl:

I saw this demonstrated on one of the discovery network channels once. Of course, they didn't use a real person peeing for the televised demonstration, but the dummy proved their point.

What a weekend! I was all over at mygrandparent's old house moving all the bs and boxes over to their brand new apartment only 15 minutes away, it has been 48 years since they lived in the same roof. Full of fond memories, eh? But they are happy in their new home after sold their old house late last year.... everyone in the extended family is relived now. :D

What a weekend! I was all over at mygrandparent's old house moving all the bs and boxes over to their brand new apartment only 15 minutes away, it has been 48 years since they lived in the same roof. Full of fond memories, eh? But they are happy in their new home after sold their old house late last year.... everyone in the extended family is relived now. :D

Nice work! You felt hot and sweating outside? I heard that record-breaking heat scorches southern Australia as 109 degrees F (43 degrees C) this weekend.

Nice work! You felt hot and sweating outside? I heard that record-breaking heat scorches southern Australia as 109 degrees F (43 degrees C) this weekend.

i'd like some of that weather, please.

i don't know what the deal is, but i'm really, really tired tonight like i was last night. this week has been emotionally trying for me here on ad, so i think that might be the reason why. i guess i won't be taking my sleep med again tonight. :zzz:

i don't know what the deal is, but i'm really, really tired tonight like i was last night. this week has been emotionally trying for me here on ad, so i think that might be the reason why. i guess i won't be taking my sleep med again tonight. :zzz:

Isn't it nice when you don't have to depend on a med to get what you want?

I've been pretty much sticking to this thread so I don't contaminate too many. I hope I'm not part of the problem, although I know I'm a problem.

i'd like some of that weather, please.

Melbourne, Victoria News Report:
MELBOURNE, Australia – Wildfires destroyed more than 20 homes while hundreds of thousands of others lost power as a record-breaking heat wave that began claiming lives maintained its oppressive grip on southern Australia on Saturday.

About six people died from heat stress in Melbourne, Australia's second largest city, over three days before the temperature mellowed to 31 degrees Celsius (88 Fahrenheit) on Saturday, Victoria state Police deputy commissioner Kieran Walshe said.

Melbourne on Friday recorded its third consecutive day of temperatures above 109 degrees Fahrenheit (43 Celsius) for the first time since record-keeping began in 1855.

South Australia state authorities said Saturday that the heat had probably caused some of the recent 22 sudden deaths there. It was not yet clear how many, state Health Minister John Hill said.

Heavy air conditioner use caused a breakdown in Melbourne's electricity grid Friday night, blacking out 500,000 homes and businesses while pulling the plug on the city's electric train network.

"These events are unprecedented," Victoria state Energy and Resources Minister Peter Batchelor said Saturday. "In some respects, they are not unlike a natural disaster, impacting on a community like a flood or tornado."

Both Melbourne, capital of Victoria, and South Australia capital Adelaide have experienced localized blackouts in recent days as energy providers share electricity to cope with the unprecedented demand.

Ambulance services in both cities have reported increases in emergency calls because of the heat.

In Victoria, at least 23 houses were destroyed Friday night and Saturday by wildfires that burned 16,000 acres (6,300 hectares) of forest and farm land, Country Fire Service spokesman Paul Swan said.

About 400 firefighters and 12 water-bombing aircraft continued to battle the blaze, he said.

Adelaide is expected to match its longest heat wave in a century on Monday, with six consecutive days exceeding 104 F (40 C). The heat there buckled train and tram lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back