Share something INTERESTING about yourself

Wow, sorry about all that. You're a strong woman.

I'm a survivor....homeless at 15-16...(no parents), saw my mother shot to death (3 times) when I was 14, and the man also shot himself in the (head) (temple)....Became totally/profound deaf at 14, graduated high school at 15....A survivor of rape also.

The good part....I root for the "underdog"....fight for what's right or wrong (in my opinion)....still learning that there are people whose shoes I have not walked in...helping/caring for the elderly is paramount for me, along with children and animals. And now that I'm a senior myself...am hoping it will come back to me.

Try to find my sense of humor all times...laugh at my own mistakes. Knowing that I'm not and never will be "the brightest bulb in the box"...but also knowing that my opinion does count for something.

In order to cancel out one of my "worse things" I did in my life, I will say something interesting in a positive way. I used to do Habitat for Humanity and actually worked on a house every Saturday morning from the moment the foundation was poured until the opening of the house to the family. It was just so awesome to be involved right from the start.

:hmm: another one.

I worked on several. I wish more people would do it.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Wow thats cool! I would live to live in one of those houses because we are poor and struggling and we got 3 kids.

Are you wanting to stay in Iowa?

We would love to move to Washington state but it would cost around $4,000+ to move a family of 5. Doesn't sound good.
Is that for renting a large truck and the fuel to drive it? Along with all the hotel/motel stops you would have to make?

Or hiring a mover like Mayflower?

We would love to move to Washington state but it would cost around $4,000+ to move a family of 5. Doesn't sound good.

wwwhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttttttt?????? That can't be right... hmmmm.....

It costs my friend about $1,200 to move to Las Vegas from NYC. That's moving truck + towing her car together.

It costs my friend about $1,200 to move to Las Vegas from NYC. That's moving truck + towing her car together.
When was this?

Jiro,
I think he is including deposits on utilities and a rental. It adds up quickly, besides with gas slowly etching to $4.00/gal, it can only get worse. I'm not sure how much it would cost to rent a uhaul and tow a vehicle behind it. I think the size of the uhaul can affect the price of it as well.

Is that for renting a large truck and the fuel to drive it? Along with all the hotel/motel stops you would have to make?

Or hiring a mover like Mayflower?

Drive big box truck and drive car since can't fit 5 people in a truck, deposit for a new home, gas, motel, etc. Gas isn't cheap today.

Renting a 20' truck one way will cost roughly $1,800 without gas.

Does that $1200 include fuel?

Sequoias might be hiring a moving company.

yup. she hired somebody. the first choice was about $1600, if I remembered correctly. She found somebody else for $1200.

That's a pretty good price just on the truck. I think it was $1200ish for my friend to move Dallas to San Jose in a 10ft u haul

yup. she hired somebody. the first choice was about $1600, if I remembered correctly. She found somebody else for $1200.

Hired somebody???? Please get their number. That is less than $1/mile

I have been told that certain government jobs will pay your moving expenses if you agree to the position and stay for a minimum of 13 months. For those of you working for the Feds that want to relocate - maybe this is something to look into.

Back