President Obama reverses abortion-funds policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
as jillio said, that's old news. too bad all of that money sent to africa couldn't have been spent in our own country. :roll:

We needed to stabilize those countries in Africa that are fighting the disease. The problem with the funding is that it was geared towards adults and not the children.

In terms of funding for medical care for HIV/AIDS in this country--we're pretty stable.

as jillio said, that's old news. too bad all of that money sent to africa couldn't have been spent in our own country. :roll:
:confused:

Obama spending American money overseas for aid is good.

Bush spending American money overseas for aid is bad.

Huh?

We needed to stabilize those countries in Africa that are fighting the disease. The problem with the funding is that it was geared towards adults and not the children.

In terms of funding for medical care for HIV/AIDS in this country--we're pretty stable.

when i was referring to the fact that i wished all of that money could have been spent here in this country, i meant spending it on poor people and the middle class.

I didn't say they weren't. I stated the position for all US Presidents. For all US Presidents, the needs of America should take priority.

Just like Bush. :P

But with a completely different perspective. Bush could only hope to ever be as globally aware and fluid thinking.

if that's the case, why do we have problems with more illegal aliens crossing our borders?
Because we're not cracking down on hard enough on the border and those who have come into our country illegally.

Does Obama have a plan to solve the illegal alien problem?

Because we're not cracking down on hard enough on the border and those who have come into our country illegally.

yes. if you read his website, you can learn all about it, reba.

when i was referring to the fact that i wished all of that money could have been spent here in this country, i meant spending it on poor people and the middle class.
Then Obama should not send aid money overseas?

Actually that hasn't been an issue for awhile now due to the global economic downturn. There hasn't been that many people entering our country illegally.

Anyway--back to abortion.

Riiiigghhtt... :lol:

Yeppers. He managed to show us all exactly how globally aware he was.:roll: And he could never be accused of fluid thinking.

Now, back on topic.

Actually that hasn't been an issue for awhile now due to the global economic downturn. There hasn't been that many people entering our country illegally.
There are plenty that are still here.

Anyway--back to abortion.
OK. Back to the US funding abortion in other countries, to be specific.

Side note from the original posted story:

"A White House spokesman, Bill Burton, said Obama signed an executive order on the ban, without coverage by the media, late Friday afternoon. That was in contrast to the midday signings with fanfare of executive orders on other subjects earlier in the week."

I wonder why he chose late Friday (typically a no news coverage time)?

There are plenty that are still here.

OK. Back to the US funding abortion in other countries, to be specific.

Side note from the original posted story:

"A White House spokesman, Bill Burton, said Obama signed an executive order on the ban, without coverage by the media, late Friday afternoon. That was in contrast to the midday signings with fanfare of executive orders on other subjects earlier in the week."

I wonder why he chose late Friday (typically a no news coverage time)?

Who said he choose that time frame? Maybe the news media had bigger fish to fry? Like.....going home for the weekend.

Yeppers. He managed to show us all exactly how globally aware he was.:roll: And he could never be accused of fluid thinking.

Now, back on topic.

the words "bush" and "fluid thinking" do not belong in the same sentence. :giggle:

people people people - lot of you say "omg! the money is best spent on this problem cuz we need it!"

You forget that the budget is ALREADY allocated and given to each agency. The federal government cannot simply retake the budget from different agency for different priority. For ie - taking the funding for abortion program to fixing illegal immigration problems. Only the President can dictate the priority but he cannot take the money off from certain agency for another agency. The budget is already allocated and gone.

as i said reba, the differentiation between obama's purpose in sending money overseas and bush's purpose are what make the difference. obama is trying to help america through his efforts while bush was only trying to help a single country.
Actually Bush's funding helps the continent of Africa, not just one country, and that continent is important for commercial and anti-terror reasons, in addition to the humanitarian aspect.

How does Obama's funding abortions overseas help America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back