President Obama reverses abortion-funds policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems absurd to accuse Obama of exporting abortion to other countries when abortion has been secretly carried out for centuries in those countries. I can see why he'd say that he didn't want to keep discussing this fruitless and pointless debate.

To accuse someone of all the abortions that go on around the world is really going too far.

Obama just wants to protect the women who are suffering which I think is very nobel of him. However, I do think the funding should be on hold until America's financial health is in good shape. Too many people are still losing jobs on a daily basis.

To accuse someone of all the abortions that go on around the world is really going too far.

Obama just wants to protect the women who are suffering which I think is very nobel of him. However, I do think the funding should be on hold until America's financial health is in good shape. Too many people are still losing jobs on a daily basis.
Yep. If he wants to be noble he can spend his own money, not mine.

Yep. If he wants to be noble he can spend his own money, not mine.

Just like Bush spent my money on the war? I dont agree with the war but yet, my dollars were overspent on it.

Guess we will have to use our money for this as well.

Just like Bush spent my money on the war? I dont agree with the war but yet, my dollars were overspent on it.

Bingo. Such is the price of freedom.

He wasn't trying to be noble; he was trying to protect our country from future attacks.

Last edited:
We wasn't trying to be noble; he was trying to protect our country from future attacks.

Human rights, especially for women, arent important?

I'm glad that we are contributing funds to organizations that provide abortions overseas.

Especially in Africa where HIV/AIDS is the norm and do we really want children born with HIV/AIDS into this world knowing that their life is already bleak due to insufficient/inadequate health/medical care?

I'm glad that we are contributing funds to organizations that provide abortions overseas.

Especially in Africa where HIV/AIDS is the norm and do we really want children born with HIV/AIDS into this world knowing that their life is already bleak due to insufficient/inadequate health/medical care?

Even if America is so broke now? I am not against contributing funds but many here in America need help too.

Even if America is so broke now? I am not against contributing funds but many here in America need help too.

America wouldn't be broke if it learned to pay off it's creditors.

(I had to get that off my chest. :) )

America wouldn't be broke if it learned to pay off it's creditors.

(I had to get that off my chest. :) )

My way of thinking is that fix the mess we are in and then help the other countries. I think it is a great plan to help women worldwide but need to take care of business here first...

My way of thinking is that fix the mess we are in and then help the other countries. I think it is a great plan to help women worldwide but need to take care of business here first...

Actually we will be fine-- it a little rough but we will perservere. We always have.

The US President needs to be most concerned with American rights and lives.

Most is a quantified term. Who says American rights and lives aren't his first concern? Just because he is concerned with human rights in general does not mean that American's rights are not his biggest concern. The fact is, he is a forward thinker. He understands that American concerns don't stop at the border.

The US President needs to be most concerned with American rights and lives.

We live in a global world. We can't pretend anymore that if X happens in a country it won't affect (effect?) us here. Everything affects us.

I am MORE than happy to give my money to programs which work.

Then this should make you glad:
President Bush Has Significantly Increased Aid to Africa, Including Funding for HIV/AIDS, Malaria, According to New Statistics

January 2, 2007

U.S. humanitarian and development aid to Africa under the Bush administration has increased from $1.4 billion annually in 2001 to $4 billion annually, according to statistics released recently by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the Washington Post reports (Fletcher, Washington Post, 12/31/06). In addition, President Bush has demonstrated a "growing commitment" to combating HIV/AIDS and malaria in Africa, London's Independent reports. According to U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Bush "should be known for the largest single investment in AIDS and malaria, the biggest health investment of any government" (Usborne, Independent, 1/2). According to Rep. Donald Payne (D-N.J.), the "evangelical community raised the awareness" of HIV/AIDS to Bush. He added, "When the Bush administration came in, HIV and AIDS were not an overwhelming priority. Now we have seen a total metamorphosis." Egypt, Ethiopia, Sudan and Uganda are among the world's top 10 recipients of aid from the U.S, and U.S. trade with Africa has doubled since 2001, the Post reports. In addition, Bush recently pledged to increase humanitarian and development aid to the continent to almost $9 billion by 2010....
President Bush Has Significantly Increased Aid to Africa, Including Funding for HIV/AIDS, Malaria, According to New Statistics - The Body

as jillio said, that's old news. too bad all of that money sent to africa couldn't have been spent in our own country. :roll:

That is just in terms of medication for those individuals that are afflicted with the disease and nothing about curbing the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Africa especially among women that don't even know they are HIV+.

By supporting abortion--these women that know they are HIV+ can go ahead and abort the babies due to insufficient healthcare as Bush's support is supporting adults with the disease.

Afterall--the more children we bring into this world with this disease, the more catastrophic it will be on the economy. If you need an example--look at Zimbabwe, Kenya, Tanzania.

Most is a quantified term. Who says American rights and lives aren't his first concern?
I didn't say they weren't. I stated the position for all US Presidents. For all US Presidents, the needs of America should take priority.

...He understands that American concerns don't stop at the border.
Just like Bush. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back