Postwhores & off-topic threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Socrates said:
Vampy, you have a lot to learn from Alex & e. Take a look at their post numbers, it's what subtlety means. A post "here" and "there" is all you need to make an impact. :mrgreen:
Does me posting so much bother you?

Ok, this is getting a little ridiculous. First, please allow me to get something straight around here. I, for one, do not think Vampyrox is "postwhoring" or making useless posts around here, and I never even paid attention to his post count but his actual posts made which I found to be useful and not useless.

Secondly, from what I understand, Vampyrox is still a student and living in a dormatory. If he wanted, he could've focused on other things like party 24/7 (not really, but you get the idea. heh), instead he has invested a lot of his time and energy to AllDeaf, and he's there when we need him. He's also the one and only "true" moderator that stuck around since the early months of AllDeaf. You can guess he's posted a lot since, and he actually enjoys doing so which I don't see anything wrong about it.

I may not have made thousands of posts, but that's because I'm usually busy working and running errands, visiting my relatives in Jersey over the weekends, and trying to spend quality time with my girlfriend. However, every chance I get, I visit AllDeaf and try to make sure everything's working out the way it's supposed to -- taking care of my members' concerns and problems, trying to make clarifications just like I am doing now and if I still have some time left, post about. As you can see, I don't make a lot of posts, even though I would really like to, because I'm pretty busy often. What if I made thousands of posts, considering that most of my posts are satisfactory (hopefully), am I a postwhore? C'mon now.

Let's all try not to focus too much on a member's post count, but instead focus on the quality of their posts. If I knew Vampyrox was a postwhore, I would've told him straight up like I did to a former moderator who eventually got the boot for not cooperating. Please give him a break, he's a good moderator. :thumb:

reminder: some of you guys posted a lot in a few threads like "i noticed..." and i forget what was another one and realized that youve postwhored in those threads. then requested to change the post # back to 0. if you've never asked for that, you would have gone further than vampy's count lol.

Well Said Alex!

I see that it is pointless debating on the number of posts per member, and I do agree with Alex in regards to the number of posts that Vampy has put up and that there is no set limit of what he can post, besides he is doing a very good job moderating and his numbers shows his committment in AllDeaf! ;)

VamPyroX said:
So, you suggesting that I shut up? ;) Nah... compared to AllDeaf v1.0, I had an average of 25 posts per day! Secondly, I don't make stupid or bullshit posts... like some members here do. Know those heated threads? I only make a post or two. Why? Cuz I'm only gonna say something once... unlike some members who repeat the same thing over and over... such like those "God" and "pitbull" threads. :crazy:

Wrong english !! You should say shut up your ten fingers !! You can't speak very well !! :squint:

I have to agree with Alex.

VamPyroX has been a very good and helpful moderator and has assisted promptly and efficiently with the few small questions I have had. I have always found his posts informative and well balanced.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing many more of your posts!!!

Thank you, Alex for sharin' it with us. I am glad that you did it. :)

Care to dance with me to celebrate this site ? :naughty:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

i'm bowing out of this thread whilist this is a good thread to start with its time for me to step down.... i dont want to say things i ll regret and there comes a time when blaming others can start flaming another. and so im bowing down.....

I'll read but won't post.

I was merely trying to get Vampy to make a conscentious effort to realize that I did make an effort in the past to close down a thread that went off-topic. I made an conscientious effort with several members in asking Alex to start our post numbers at 0 in order to "take it easy" with postwhoring. It was those who did it conscientiously to make the "postwhores" realize their actions. Now, our hands of helping are being bit back?! Your reaction to all of this, just simply close down a thread. "Oh joy, let's party & celebrate and dance!" Post some a dance emoticon & drinking emoticon there, good grief! I'll head off to a better forum which I know my posts will be validated.

*mutters to self.. ignormauses!!*

Socrates said:
Now, our hands of helping are being bit back?! Your reaction to all of this, just simply close down a thread. "Oh joy, let's party & celebrate and dance!" Post some a dance emoticon & drinking emoticon there, good grief! I'll head off to a better forum which I know my posts will be validated.

*mutters to self.. ignormauses!!*

Well, remma this is Alex's site ! Alex and Vampy have their own respect for each other. So be this way! :)

I rarely jump to someone's defense because I don't see a need for it usually. In this case I will make an exception for Socrates, who is one of my dear friends and I took the time to understand what she is trying to say in this thread. I would like to make a personal comment about the author of this thread - Socrates is a very good person to know, and I'm sure many of you are too.

The reality here is to be considerate of each other's perspective on a situation. It's human nature to feel self defensive when confronted with something. That applies to both "sides." I think that's what happened in this thread for all sides. Breathe, deeply and step back.. look at the bigger picture, and celebrate all of yourselves for who you are. I am!

Let's get real - nobody is going to have the same perspective here, and it takes real maturity to respect each other's perspective on how things work in my opinion.

I take postwhoring seriously, and yes I can see many members have different definitions of what postwhoring is and how often it should be discussed in this forum. So I say let's just cool our jets and be more considerate of different opinions. Problem solved! :)

Javapride & WaterRats: Our sponsors help pay off some monthly fees, yes, but not necessarily always. :)

Since sponsors are useful and helpful around here, I'm a little strict when it comes to "free" advertising on AllDeaf. For example, knowing that AllDeaf is a forum for the deaf and hard of hearing, and some member comes in here and tries to advertise their own forums via post/pm/email, that's unacceptable. The same goes for businesses -- Harris Communications sponsors AllDeaf, and a competitor comes in here and advertises their company for "free", that's totally unfair to the sponsor. I can go on and on but you get the idea.

:mrgreen:

Liza said:
Alex you must be rich to keep running AD :jaw:
Keep up the fine job and I'm glad you have sponsors covering the financial side. :thumb:
Since AllDeaf is a hobby of mine, I don't find money an issue. I know I sound crazy. :aw:

CyberRed said:
Since Liza thought that you must be rich .... Are you a Mafia Guy ? :rofl:
Well, no, but I kinda believe in "Get rich or die trying." :mrgreen:

LinuxGold said:
Alex, we thank you for such sacrifice that kept us connected.
You're very welcome, my friend. Hope you're doing well in real life. We still gotta meet someday soon, don't forget. :)

cyberred your right it alex's site not anyone else... If the members dont like the way this site runs then leave... I know for sure that alex wont stop you from leaving...I concern that alex and moderators doing good job on this site so far as I recall they changed lot on this site from what I remember this site used to be. So I dont think there should be whinings in here anymore just for such over a small things that is not really necessary. If there is lot of post whoring (such a great name to come up with :roll: ), all they can do is delete that posts. The managers dont need to deal with small complains as they are working too hard to run this site just for yall.

Shiva said:
cyberred your right it alex's site not anyone else... If the members dont like the way this site runs then leave... I know for sure that alex wont stop you from leaving...I concern that alex and moderators doing good job on this site so far as I recall they changed lot on this site from what I remember this site used to be. So I dont think there should be whinings in here anymore just for such over a small things that is not really necessary. If there is lot of post whoring (such a great name to come up with :roll: ), all they can do is delete that posts. The managers dont need to deal with small complains as they are working too hard to run this site just for yall.

Well said. :thumb:

Cheri said:
Thanks for Reminding me about the "Pitbull thread" :booty:
Why do you need to be reminded of "Pitbull thread" ? I thought you rather forget it? hehehe..... :booty: :booty:

Defee said:
Why do you need to be reminded of "Pitbull thread" ? I thought you rather forget it? hehehe..... :booty: :booty:

I think you misunderstood Cheri's post, I think she meant was when someone brought up the ' Pitbull Thread ' , then she said, ' Thank you for reminding me about the Pitbull Thread ' when she forgotten all about it in the first place!

^Angel^ said:
I think you misunderstood Cheri's post, I think she meant was when someone brought up the ' Pitbull Thread ' , then she said, ' Thank you for reminding me about the Pitbull Thread ' when she forgotten all about it in the first place!
Thats what i meant! that she forgot about it until someone mentioned that thread! simple as heck! So no, i didnt misunderstood Cheri..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back