Postwhores & off-topic threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA alex thats VERY informative and i kudos u for that, but can u uhhh explain a bit abt that bottom part u are saying ur not paying for anyting cuz of donations made by sponsors is that what ur mentioning?? so i do not get confused here....

And for postwhoring yah i admit last yr when i first started here as a newbie i was deffy a postwhore but now im like ok stop here java lets slow this down cuz u have other prioriries to do and i relize the aspect of this is one thing selecting threads that i can relate to or try and give feedbacks to my best ablities, based on experince or IMO expressions too.. and i support that in every way,.... :) Scocrates ( err Im gonna have to call u a charlie chickie cuz im bad in typing names) U have chose a very wise thread where we can relate to and talk abt the pros and cons and ur a wonderful Ader thanks for sharing! :)

Alex you must be rich to keep running AD :jaw:
Keep up the fine job and I'm glad you have sponsors covering the financial side. :thumb:

Rich ? Hahaha Wonderin' if Alex could run this site until the day he reaches the old age ? LOL

Hey Alex,

Since Liza thought that you must be rich .... Are you a Mafia Guy ? :rofl:

Wow, Alex -- I truly had no idea this was costing you that much to keep this up and running each month! :jaw: Seriously, I thought it wasn't THAT expensive...gosh.

How are you managing in keeping this site running with that price tag of over $276/mo? Does the sponsors pay the majority of it and you pay whatever is leftover?

Just wondering how this works. Thanks and kudos to you for all the incredible work you've done on this fantastic site! :thumb:

I used to be a postwhore, but for right reason back in old days. Hence, my reason for concise writing habit. ;)

Alex, we thank you for such sacrifice that kept us connected.

Viva La AllDeaf!

Scocrates ( err Im gonna have to call u a charlie chickie cuz im bad in typing names) U have chose a very wise thread where we can relate to and talk abt the pros and cons and ur a wonderful Ader thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much Java! Your opinion counts and I appreciate it because I've been trying to explain what postwhoring meant. I also have been trying to emphasize the cardinal rule of posting which was "the quality of the post counts not the quantity." :)

Socrates said:
Thanks so much Java! Your opinion counts and I appreciate it because I've been trying to explain what postwhoring meant. I also have been trying to emphasize the cardinal rule of posting which was "the quality of the post counts not the quantity." :)
my sincere pleasure soc charlie chickies :D and i can understand YR point of view and sometimes we need to be aware to put a wake up call with a coffee inculded in this mind of ours heh...

YR wise beyond your yrs and that makes for a better posting than a postwhore :)

Here's another example of postwhoring...

Posting 10 threads with one-line jokes in each of them. It's better to post a new thread with something like "One-Line Jokes" or "My Short Jokes", then post them all in one post when creating that thread. There's been a few of these done during the past few days so I will be merging them soon.

Posting 10 pictures in one thread... post after post... using the upload feature... is sorta like postwhoring. You're uploading a lot of images constantly using AllDeaf's bandwidth. It's better to upload all the images in one post. It will give you links instead that members can click on easily instead of wasting bandwidth each time the page is loaded. Again, this was done as well recently... so I'll be fixing those soon. Next time you want to upload a bunch of images at once, please do it all in one post. AllDeaf will let you do that. Click on "Browse" and then "Upload". Your fill will show up listed. Repeat again and the list will get longer. It's also easier to just use the IMG tag referring images from your own website if you have one.

Making 10 new threads with bullshit comments like "I farted and I can't get up. Anyone want to help me?" or "I'm mad, are you?" There's no discussion to be made from these and these were thrown out of the blue for no particular reason except to try to look "cool" or waste our time. If you have nothing meaningful to say, don't say it at all. Not only does it waste space, it also wastes our time... everyone's time. They see a new thread and click on it only to see that it's nothing interesting to stick with so they leave. When that happens, we've got a bunch of threads with 0 replies.

There are a lot more and some are getting out of hand. It's like some of you are pushing us over the edge... and when that happens, new rules will have to be enforced that will only piss you off more. Let's not make that happen, alright?

New rules ? Care to tell me what new rules ?

n

Nah with new rules I guess he's just saying If that happen ! then they will make new rules

it is just wasteful to add new rules too

Sorry but I think this whole thread is a waste. We've gone on and on about postwhores and etc, a long time ago. It seems to always be this time of the year when everyone's bored and waiting for summer to actually arrive. I personally think this thread should be locked, because it will go nowhere and there's no point to it. But thats just me, what do I know. :|

pinkster said:
Sorry but I think this whole thread is a waste. We've gone on and on about postwhores and etc, a long time ago. It seems to always be this time of the year when everyone's bored and waiting for summer to actually arrive. I personally think this thread should be locked, because it will go nowhere and there's no point to it. But thats just me, what do I know. :|

Oh Jamie, aren't you saying we should sweep the whole issue under the rug and/or wipe our hands away from the issue? You're entitled to your opinion just as much as I am and I respect your opinion because your opinion makes mine just as stronger as mine does for yours.

:werd: i agree but know what, judgement is worth the reasons and i hope that people will see this and not do this again....

jams i can uddy u think this is a waste but remmy in just a yr now we have had ALOT of newbies and they too are also doing what we used to do a yr ago and relized its value of AD so we're just reminding poeple ofc. SO this is not a waste its good to have reminders to help us make a reality check.

Socrates said:
You know what, this name "Freaky" sticks to my mind and I always type "Freaky" whenever I think of Patti. :lol:

ChelEler said:
You know what, this name "Freaky" sticks to my mind and I always type "Freaky" whenever I think of Patti. :lol:

LOL Chellove!! You can call me whatever you want!! "Freaky", "Winnie" "Socrates", or my real name Patty!! You're a special gal and don't you forget it, girly!! :ily:

:squint: i know why you guys posted in this thread..... you all are just postwhoring! hahahahahaha! :smash: :ily:

hahahahaha E no we're feedbacking LOL u so cute when it comes to a comment like that :) hehehe

WBHarley said:
it is just wasteful to add new rules too

Nah, It's always good to have more rules....Keep things peaceful! :)

e said:
:squint: i know why you guys posted in this thread..... you all are just postwhoring! hahahahahaha! :smash: :ily:

LOL! :rofl: Good one, E!

Seriously, too often, I am reading posts that have been talked and debated heavily about before; and now, the reposts were brought back to attempt to get a new flame war started. It's just takes maturity and common sense to not get into it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back