Post your DIY projects here

I wish to take a picture "BEFORE" on that cabinet & 2 chairs... :( No picture "BEFORE" for you all to view it... :( This cabinet & 2 chairs WAS a DRESSING TABLE with mirror in her bedroom... It was a very old. My hubby want to threw them away after empty his dead Great Aunt's stuff for the company to pick stuff up for re-cycle. I said Noooooooo and want to keep it... and threw mirror away... I want to use it for our study room... My hubby thought I'm :crazy: I ignored him and restored dressing table as cabinet and 2 chairs and paint them to trick them into antique look. My hubby fall in love and :hug: me... :giggle:

They are use for our study room/computer room.

OHHHHH I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!! my fav thing.. AWESOME work Girl!!! if you were to sell it in the stores, you would get probably 4 times what it's worth

Liebling, nice furniture you did. I'm not sure if you know lot about real antique furnitures. My husband told me that most old,like over 100+ years old, should not be refinished because it will lose the value. Unless you are planning to pass it down to your sons, that's great! I have almost a 100 yr old rocking chair that belongs to my great-grandmother. Cushions can be fixed if damage but the wood part can't be touch. The darker is get the better value. :)

Yes I aware about real antique furnitures... I have some but I won't paint/color them but just restore to correct them... I have 70 years old baby cot here and very old stuffs...

Honestly, I am really not interesting to sell or buy real value things because it's not my thing. I only enjoy myself what I did with stuffs with my hands as long as I am alive and pass them to my both sons... Many people likes to buy refurnish stuffs... Some people bought stuffs from me... It's worth as real value... because I work hard with my hands... I only collect old stuffs from outside street/flea markets for gratis or cheap to make them as real antique look... The stuffs, we got from my hubby's dead Great Aunt is really very dirty, damage and horrible - she left in basement... It's impossible to sell her stuffs to anyone... Good things is we have her value stuffs (glasses/figures).

Yes I aware about real antique furnitures... I have some but I won't paint/color them but just restore to correct them... I have 70 years old baby cot here and very old stuffs...

Honestly, I am really not interesting to sell or buy real value things because it's not my thing. I only enjoy myself what I did with stuffs with my hands as long as I am alive and pass them to my both sons... Many people likes to buy refurnish stuffs... Some people bought stuffs from me... It's worth as real value... because I work hard with my hands... I only collect old stuffs from outside street/flea markets for gratis or cheap to make them as real antique look... The stuffs, we got from my hubby's dead Great Aunt is really very dirty, damage and horrible - she left in basement... It's impossible to sell her stuffs to anyone... Good things is we have her value stuffs (glasses/figures).

Sentimental smile.. My sis did some folkart as I should post some pictures if my digital camera will corporate lol

OHHHHH I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!! my fav thing.. AWESOME work Girl!!! if you were to sell it in the stores, you would get probably 4 times what it's worth

:ty: I will NEVER sell my stuffs where it's my first restore stuffs... :D because it's my first art work with my own hands... If anyone want to have one to follow my cabinet then I can make it to follow after it. It's same with picture frames, glasses, etc.

I have pictures build deck. It was ok post here or make new thread?. I don't want post wrong place in here. I ask Reba if was ok?.
Yes, please post your project and pictures here. :)

I'm glad that you do really enjoy it. I don't see why refinish it and since you already know what you're doing about furniture. :) It's a good idea to pass along to your sons rather than selling it. I do love collecting old stuff. My favorite is anything during Victorian Era and my husband loves Civil War collections. My late Grandmother used to collect Hummels. My Uncle is keeping it and going to pass on to my cousins. Keep up the good work. You do a great job.

Last summer build decks. My friend and me build decks. Cost half prices save without hire labors. Good Deal!. It was enjoy build decks and learn lots from city zoning policy. <--- It was very interesting. Here show pictures. There is not finishing yet. I will post final build decks this may.

1.jpg
Great deck pictures! Multi-level decks, wow! My Hubby builds decks, sheds and wooden fences, too. I'm going to show him your projects. :)

Yeah, zoning and building codes, whew! Each place has unique rules. Sometimes that is frustrating.

This is our storage shed that Hubby built from scratch.

Attachments

• SHED.jpg
    SHED.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 38
Hubby builds most of our projects. I design them and he makes them. :)

Here is one of the small projects that I did myself.

It was an old oak mirror. I spray painted the wood frame with "sandy" textured paint. Then, I hot glued real sea shells on the frame. It's a very simple, not fancy, design but I like simple things. :P

Attachments

• mirror2.jpg
    mirror2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 28
WOW TFWFalcon , you did an amazing job....nice desk

It was an old oak mirror. I spray painted the wood frame with "sandy" textured paint. Then, I hot glued real sea shells on the frame. It's a very simple, not fancy, design but I like simple things. :P

Oh cute I like that lol it look like cloud on the heaven lol :lol:

Look good and simple shed. I was plan build barn pole in my backyard. I still not decide what is sizes. I have too many big toys in the garage. It is full and no room.

Cutee mirror... I restored real martime in WC (guest toilet).... I think it's too much if I copy your one... I have some pictures in my home computer file... I will post this evening after work.

Awww that's so beauitful I love it so much!! Wanna trade homes? You can have mine, and I'll have yours. :fingersx:

thats sooo cute.... is this a place you can escape from the world lol shucks it's a storage shed lol.. smile
I told Hubby if we ever become bankrupt, we can move into the shed and rent out the house, heh, heh!

You can't see it in this picture (maybe I'll take another one) but there is another "room" extension on the back of the shed for Hubby's work equipment and supplies. Also, the shed has electricity and lights, and we have an outdoor sink with hot and cold water. See, if we just use our grill, we can live in the shed! :lol:

Back