Post your DIY projects here

Thanks for the technical detailed description of how it was done--however, I would also like to know how deep each layer of the cement was? Other than that, you have a remarkably well done end result that surely give you both years to cherish and admire....
The cement was about 3/4" thickness total, near the drain, and about 1" at the outer edges.

You can also buy pre-made standard-size fiberglass shower pans if you don't want to mess with all that. We couldn't use that kind because we had a custom size.

interesting about drywall to add shower...

I have brick to build the house... brick... and plaster then wall and floor tiles in bathroom and toilet.

Restore on wardrobe "Before and After"

Before

It was dark wood... It´s too much dark so I changed the color and trick it in antique look... see the picture "After"

After I tricked antique look on this wardrobe and paint the color.... I know it look bit dark.. .I tried to bright this color... I will get battery to strong my digtial camera tomorrow to see better color.

I use it as wardrobe for coat/jacket in mud-room.

Last edited:
Danny & Alan´s wardrobe before and after...

BEFORE

Those natural wardrobe was used in my boys´ bedroom when they were babies/toddlers. They grow big and do not need wardrobe anymore... They each have their own bedroom and want different taste than that tiny wardrobe so I use wardrobe for towels so I change the color and trick in antque look and paint grapes.. .and move wardrobe to upstair hallway near bathroom for towels wardrobe... see this picture "AFTER"

AFTER (you can see the picture frame next wardrobe.. I paint it myself into antique look)

more pictures will come tomorrow....

Before

It was dark wood... It´s too much dark so I changed the color and trick it in antique look... see the picture "After"

After I tricked antique look on this wardrobe and paint the color.... I know it look bit dark.. .I tried to bright this color... I will get battery to strong my digtial camera tomorrow to see better color.

I use it as wardrobe for coat/jacket in mud-room.
Wow, that's a lot of detail work! I hope you can get a close-up picture.

Is that stenciling, or did you paint the accents on raised carvings? You must have a lot of patience and a steady hand. :P

That's a smart idea to use antique furniture for modern purposes. I like to do that, too. Keep the antique look but give it modern use.

Nice work you guys done together. wow.. I am just so impressed. You should be hired by HGTV for that! :D

Wow, that's a lot of detail work! I hope you can get a close-up picture.

Is that stenciling, or did you paint the accents on raised carvings? You must have a lot of patience and a steady hand. :P

That's a smart idea to use antique furniture for modern purposes. I like to do that, too. Keep the antique look but give it modern use.

:ty: Yes it's a lot of work to do but it's really fun... I enjoy myself to restore old things into new things.

No, it's not stenciling but paint and then color with special color oil on raised carvings. I use "Toscona" look paper napkin on the wardrobe... (you can see the pictures of my art work to trick antique on the picture frames and also use paper napkins on it, too...)

http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/33261-homemade-crafts.html

I only need one piece of 3 paper-napkin to add on the wardrobe and paint on them to make it look like that I paint them.

See the 1st picture of my boys' wardrobe - it's stenciling... First paint and color with oil then do with stenciling grapes...

I hope you can get a close-up picture

Do you mean that I should take a picture to close the wardrobe? If yes, I will try this evening.

It is so awesome! Your hubby did a great job. We're still in the process of remodeling my kitchen. It's been a year now. My hubby can do so much each weekend. The next project is the bathroom.

Reba your bathroom is beautiful! Ya know, I have two full bathroom here and the one downstairs the tub is hardly used. I can picture your stand-alone shower into this one. Hmm, this has possibility!

BEFORE and AFTER cabinet.

BEFORE... It's old ... we bought it from flea market when we first married and rent a one bedroom appartment at over 20 years ago.

AFTER... We don't like dark color anymore and want to bright the color on dark wood cabinet.

It took me few weeks to finish to paint and color with oil on the cabinet and do wallpaper "books" in the cabinet...

AFTER (you can see the picture frame next wardrobe.. I paint it myself into antique look)

This one is my favorite. I can't believe how beautiful it looks afterward. You really do have talent and I'm glad that you're still using it. :)

(still looking at it!)

This one is my favorite. I can't believe how beautiful it looks afterward. You really do have talent and I'm glad that you're still using it. :)

(still looking at it!)

:ty: I have many different furniture, I restored in my file... I pick some and will add more here...

Yes, it's my hobby... It's not just furniture but lamps, lighting, vases, glasses, picture frame, ceiling, etc... See the picture above... picture frame next to wardrobe...

I have pictures build deck. It was ok post here or make new thread?. I don't want post wrong place in here. I ask Reba if was ok?.

Wow Liebling, that's looks sooo beautiful, sheesh, you got to teach me how you did both of them, amazing how it turn out at the end....You really do have talent, WOW!....:speechless:

Back