Post your DIY projects here

I have pictures build deck. It was ok post here or make new thread?. I don't want post wrong place in here. I ask Reba if was ok?.

Reba said in her first thread

Reba´s post
Please post your do-it-yourself projects here.

which mean that we can post to share our DIY here. We would love to see your pictures...

:ty: Catmandu, Phillips & Angel...

It´s my hobby to refurbish the furniture, things, etc.

I will post more pictures later.

liebling, u did a great job on restoring the furnitures... i m sure they are pleased to be alive again... :)

Last summer build decks. My friend and me build decks. Cost half prices save without hire labors. Good Deal!. It was enjoy build decks and learn lots from city zoning policy. <--- It was very interesting. Here show pictures. There is not finishing yet. I will post final build decks this may.

1.jpg

ya dod good job reba i always love doin do it yrself projects with my dad and grandpa thur the years ... soon will be remodeling dads garage maybe change to a big washer/dryer area and half bathroom..its a old house with attached garage..

wow, you have a talent hands, Falcon... Is this your house?

:ty: DeafClimber... I don't like to waste if I throw old furniture and stuff away... I like to refurbish old things to keep them alive...

BEFORE and AFTER glass cabinet

BEFORE

Dark glass cabinet

AFTER

I took a picture with digtal camera at 2 days ago...It look no good picture...

I found a picture in my file where I post at my thread "Xmas card" last year... I hope this picture will help to see better color what I painted...

Wow very nice everyone!! I love your bathroom Reba. Liebling, I love how you turn your old furnitures around and make it more beautiful!! TFWFalcon, I love your second floor deck that could have took forever didn't it? I love it!!! ;) Great job everyone!! I'm impressed.

I wish to take a picture "BEFORE" on that cabinet & 2 chairs... :( No picture "BEFORE" for you all to view it... :( This cabinet & 2 chairs WAS a DRESSING TABLE with mirror in her bedroom... It was a very old. My hubby want to threw them away after empty his dead Great Aunt's stuff for the company to pick stuff up for re-cycle. I said Noooooooo and want to keep it... and threw mirror away... I want to use it for our study room... My hubby thought I'm :crazy: I ignored him and restored dressing table as cabinet and 2 chairs and paint them to trick them into antique look. My hubby fall in love and :hug: me... :giggle:

They are use for our study room/computer room.

My family & I are chess lover... We play alot... I paint and make the table as chess table and order thick glass to cover the table... then we can play without risk...

The small table... I can't find the picture of "BEFORE"... It was also dark wood... I paint to bright the color and trick them into antique and then use paper-napkin on the table and also paint to make it look that I paint it and then cover with glass to protect it.

It's same with small table as well but without napkin-paper... just paint and color with oil... and cover with glass...

I bought a lamp with vase at second hand shop... It was a very pain and horrible look... I refurbish the lamp with vase... paint with napkin-paper. My hubby was like *shake his head* and said that I'm :crazy: because it look really sooo horrible.... I restored more and more... then my hubby don't say anymore and trust my taste and let me what I like with my artwork... but I share his view as well until we agree before I start to restore the stuffs.

My friend want to rid of her sewing table but I stopped her and want to have it... She gave me stupid impression and said that it's junk - no good... I am stubborn and want to have it... She give in and gave it to me. I painted and use stencing roses etc on the table... My friend saw it and want to buy it back... I said :nono: :D

Wow very nice everyone!! I love your bathroom Reba. Liebling, I love how you turn your old furnitures around and make it more beautiful!! TFWFalcon, I love your second floor deck that could have took forever didn't it? I love it!!! ;) Great job everyone!! I'm impressed.

:ty: I love to collect old stuffs/junks from flea markets or whatever... (the people leave the stuffs outside of their property for the company to pick them up... I asked the people for permission before take them home. I keep many old stuffs/junks in garage to refurbish them into new... I found a very old narrow table outside of resturant when I was at Spa last October. I let the resturant owner know that I like to have it... He agree... I got my friend to carry narrow table with me up to clinic. Everyone stared us... We carried up to my bedroom... and left it until my hubby & boys came to visit us for the weekends and pick things and table up and go back home. I will start to do it this Spring... (Maybe I will start to work on this narrow table in first week of March)... I will take a picture of old narrow and fifly table to post here... You can see BEFORE and AFTER....

Liebling, nice furniture you did. I'm not sure if you know lot about real antique furnitures. My husband told me that most old,like over 100+ years old, should not be refinished because it will lose the value. Unless you are planning to pass it down to your sons, that's great! I have almost a 100 yr old rocking chair that belongs to my great-grandmother. Cushions can be fixed if damage but the wood part can't be touch. The darker is get the better value. :)

Back