Photos of Chicago, IL

941139_466901193398609_797741968_n.

Chicago, May 2013 with Californians. I was in this picture. Anyone who knows me personally can spot me.

I spot you in 2 second!!

Here's what they did today for St Patrick's Day. They have been doing this since 1962.

nOtEK6J.jpg
Wow so beautiful day and nice view the green st patrick's day.. I haven't see them before. This is my first time see this picture.

Little info I looked up wondering how long the green color lasts:

The first year, 1962, one hundred pounds of dye was used to keep the river green for a week. The second year, 1963, the amount was cut to 50 lbs. and the river stayed green for three days. The next year the dye was reduced to 25 lbs. which keep the river green for a day.

In 1966, when environmentalists threatened to end the tradition by claiming that the oil-based dye was ruining the river, the committee went back to the drawing board. After experimenting with a number of vegetable dyes, they put together today's formula that uses 40lbs. of environmentally-friendly dye to keep the river green for four or five hours.

Here are today's photos of downtown Chicago near Union Station:

I once saw photography book about Chicago. I would love to visit places that I saw Navy Pier is one. I love Cheap Trick , rock band. Thank you for sharing your pix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally!! Got them all. This is the Willis Tower, formerly Sears Tower

The Great Hall at Union Station

Ogilvie prior to boarding train

37-story building where Ogilvie Transportation Center is located at

Last edited:
Mark, since you enjoy photography, would it be possible for Thresholds to provide you with a continuing education class in photography, including providing you with a nice digital camera? It seems that it would be a very good therapy program for you.

Looks pretty good, wow I had no idea it's now the Willis Tower. Last time I went there it was Sears Tower. Did you get to go up in the tower?

Mark, since you enjoy photography, would it be possible for Thresholds to provide you with a continuing education class in photography, including providing you with a nice digital camera? It seems that it would be a very good therapy program for you.

Not sure about photography class part, but as for the camera, well, there may be an upgrade coming in the next 48 hours, because I have my eyes on a newer and larger phone than currently.

Looks pretty good, wow I had no idea it's now the Willis Tower. Last time I went there it was Sears Tower. Did you get to go up in the tower?

No. My designation was Union Station, which is in the background, and was standing in front of me. I took that Willis Tower photo while stopped at a light ( had 15 seconds to snap it)

Last edited:
Somehow this one didn't get uploaded to Photobucket. Now that's been done, and I am adding it a little late.

My apologies. I thought the picture was cool. And the Internet sucks.

Are you sure it's the internet? It seems to me that there's something wrong with your camera. All your pictures are consistently blurry.

What are the settings on your camera?

Last edited:
it only the train pic grainy the others good...I still use throw away camera one click and flash...suppose I better move into this century get diggi camera

Are you sure it's the internet? It seems to me that there's something wrong with your camera. All your pictures are consistently blurry.

What are the settings on your camera?

Keep in mind that I use an Android phone with Photobucket on it. Android phones aren't that great for inside picture taking, but they are great for the outdoors, though.

I don't know what version of phone/droid you have but you might want to experiment with the camera settings. here's a sample tutorial to get you started: Your complete guide to the Android camera | TechHive

I have a ZTE Groove phone. And I have already looked at the settings for it. There's not much I can do, short of upgrading my phone. I'm actually planning on buying a tablet with a back facing camera-- the focus will be much sharper, and I can discontinue using my phone for pictures.

These photos I took earlier this morning, since it was perfect weather, and ideal for bike riding:

This one is the Howard Metra bridge. It's well known to many of us, and it's a beautiful bridge.

These photos were taken in two different areas that I had never been to in Rogers Park. I must say-- it was interesting seeing it that way.

Back